PDA

View Full Version : Do you actually turn your PS2 off the right way?

foreignreign
09-10-2005, 03:12 PM
Supposedly, if you're going to turn off your Playstation 2, you're supposed to push and hold down the Reset button until the green light changes to red, then you hit the Power switch from on to off.

Ahzi dahaka
09-10-2005, 03:12 PM
who cares? switch it off at the back like all the cool kids 8)

Zolmer
09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
i just leave it in standby all day.....

beatrixkiddo
09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah I just always left it on standby (the red light).

That's probably why it doesn't read any discs anymore.

Anza
09-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Wait... theres a reset button?

The off-topic dude
09-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah I just always left it on standby (the red light).

That's probably why it doesn't read any discs anymore.

Bullshyt

TechSonic
09-10-2005, 04:35 PM
I unplug mine.

Fahlyndra
09-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a new PS2. <.< So I just unplug it. Don't want that little red light staring at me all the time. lol

Mags Float On Strings
09-10-2005, 05:35 PM
That's just like, with the PS2 if you watch DVDs on it to much it will lower down the laser where it can't read games...>_>

Jushi
09-10-2005, 06:44 PM

me too n.n;; but i sold mine today and bought a Nintendo DS!! yey!!! * dances * cant wait till school monday >>;;

The off-topic dude
09-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Each to its own. Each to its own

NINTENDO DS SUCKS

Esc
09-10-2005, 08:33 PM

Anti-Kamunt
09-10-2005, 09:33 PM

me too n.n;; but i sold mine today and bought a Nintendo DS!! yey!!! * dances * cant wait till school monday >>;;

:D

I have the slim PS2, so I just hold the power button for three seconds and it turns off...right? Because I'm pretty sure that there's no switch in the back on the new ones...

*listens to the happyhardcore.com radio*

Monster in a box
09-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Here's what I do.

Step 1. Press the blue button
Step 2. Remove Disc
Step 3. Press the green button
Step 4. Wait a few seconds...then press and hold the green button
Step 5. Turn system off

Ya know, seeing as how I use a slide card to play IIDX, you'd think I'd be interested in one of the slim PS2s...but NO. I'm sorry, but the ONLY good thing about the PS2 (as a system, not game wise) is the blue light on the disc tray button.

I remember the first time I ever saw a PS2 up close. I was like, "I hate the PS2, and you couldn't pay to buy one, no matter how much money you gave me, and...ZOMG, that blue light is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my entire life, and I love more than anything else in the entire world!...but I still hate the system as a whole. Yes, I hate it THAT MUCH...it is an amazing light though."

Anti-Kamunt
09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Here's what I do.

Step 1. Press the blue button
Step 2. Remove Disc
Step 3. Press the green button
Step 4. Wait a few seconds...then press and hold the green button
Step 5. Turn system off

Ya know, seeing as how I use a slide card to play IIDX, you'd think I'd be interested in one of the slim PS2s...but NO. I'm sorry, but the ONLY good thing about the PS2 (as a system, not game wise) is the blue light on the disc tray button.

I remember the first time I ever saw a PS2 up close. I was like, "I hate the PS2, and you couldn't pay to buy one, no matter how much money you gave me, and...ZOMG, that blue light is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my entire life, and I love more than anything else in the entire world!...but I still hate the system as a whole. Yes, I hate it THAT MUCH...it is an amazing light though."

Read my topic. Please! And reply! :(

Jushi
09-11-2005, 03:53 AM

I have the slim PS2, so I just hold the power button for three seconds and it turns off...right? Because I'm pretty sure that there's no switch in the back on the new ones...

i had the old ps2 >>;;; had the hard drive on it and everything... however my FFXI didnt work so i just gave up on ps2

Anti-Kamunt
09-11-2005, 02:39 PM

i had the old ps2 >>;;; had the hard drive on it and everything... however my FFXI didnt work so i just gave up on ps2

:cry:

Sakura02000
09-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Mine's always on Standby, whenever the power doesn't go out that is.

foreignreign
09-12-2005, 03:18 PM
You standby people scare me.

Think of your poor little PS2, running all the time like that! It probably is really exhausted from so much exercise. :oops:

Monster in a box
09-12-2005, 04:27 PM
:twisted: Serves it right. Work it to death I say. Would be a rather ironic death, if you ask me.

Kill all the hackers!
09-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Each to its own. Each to its own

NINTENDO DS SUCKS

no you are dead wrong...and i enlarge it so that the DS fanboys can see it and feast upon your flesh and bleeding entrails...

PSP and DS both rock my bed late at night O_O

and on a side note i wrote a 5 page story for english over the weekend, it was a story of our own creation...i have a very unique writing style she said as she handed me a see me after class paper...

this is what you get for writing your fantasy story while you are watching elfien lied...she told me to tone down the sexual refrences and gory details next time...but hey i got a 95 so im not unhappy n_n see? i TOLD you my life had nowhere to go but up! ha! i was right!!!!!!!

*explodes*

so much for uphill...

The off-topic dude
09-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Hmmm WHAT?

What is that thing u are watching?
I want some!!!

Kill all the hackers!
09-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Hmmm WHAT?

What is that thing u are watching?
I want some!!!

well heres a question: do you like anime? if so this is the best one i have seen, this and fooly cooly could possibly be the best anime ever created n_n

but be warned, the show is extremly dark, and it features alot of violence-it isnt straight up violence either, it's plain all out human cruelty, one of the most disturbing and gut wrenching shows i have ever seen. this is the firt anime that kept me up for a bit thinking how can she do that to someone...

also there is alot of nudity...excluding my hentai i have never sen this much nudity in an anime (also excluding gantz) it is somewhat overused, but at times it helps the show and is...nessecary if i do say so...

so in short really nice story, really cute characters, nice animation and dubs arent that bad...i cant think of any cons besides i cant believe this hit an R rating as opposed to an NC-17...

and btw before i close this rant the show's called elfien lied, i actually have one...or two...topics about it...

*cough* im an anime nerd!!! watch the football kids beat on me >_> *cough*

dragon fantasy king
09-12-2005, 05:55 PM
I have both the old and the new Playstation 2. The old one doesn't play the blue backed disks (no Taiko Drummaster T_T) and I turn it off by holding reset to red light and turning it off in the back. The new one (in my bro's room) doesn't have the off switch, so we leave it on standby when we turn it 'off'. I'm pretty sure it doesn't hurt either way becuase the new PS2 does cool down. :?

chikmagnet
09-12-2005, 06:10 PM
i just flip the switch i didnt even know there was a standby o_O, i really wanna watch naruto right now, BIT TORENT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kill all the hackers!
09-12-2005, 06:12 PM
I have both the old and the new Playstation 2. The old one doesn't play the blue backed disks (no Taiko Drummaster T_T) and I turn it off by holding reset to red light and turning it off in the back. The new one (in my bro's room) doesn't have the off switch, so we leave it on standby when we turn it 'off'. I'm pretty sure it doesn't hurt either way becuase the new PS2 does cool down. :?

i like drummaster n_n good game, yes it is!

Monster in a box
09-12-2005, 06:55 PM

Yeah, the blue disc thing is annoying. I've yet to have any trouble with it, but my friend has. We were trying to play Virtua Fighter 4 a few years ago, and it wasn't working. Someone one GameFAQs said to put tape on the top of the disc, and it worked....

...however, some random guy at Game Stop told me that that was bad for the disc. Like, it you take it off, it could tear off important parts of the disc, or something. Dunno if it's true, but there is at least one problem with it. The tape eventually comes off. I was playing Mad Maestro (which I had owned for years, but only played like twice) and at the end of the last level (the last normal level...) I hear this loud scratching noise. I had no choice but to take the disc out, and the problem was that the tape had started to peel. It's a no win situation...

dragon fantasy king
09-12-2005, 07:47 PM

Yeah, the blue disc thing is annoying. I've yet to have any trouble with it, but my friend has. We were trying to play Virtua Fighter 4 a few years ago, and it wasn't working. Someone one GameFAQs said to put tape on the top of the disc, and it worked....

...however, some random guy at Game Stop told me that that was bad for the disc. Like, it you take it off, it could tear off important parts of the disc, or something. Dunno if it's true, but there is at least one problem with it. The tape eventually comes off. I was playing Mad Maestro (which I had owned for years, but only played like twice) and at the end of the last level (the last normal level...) I hear this loud scratching noise. I had no choice but to take the disc out, and the problem was that the tape had started to peel. It's a no win situation...

Ya, back when I first got the PS2, it played any game/DVD/CD with no problem. A year and a half later, it broke to where it just stopped working. Then my dad found out that if you mess with the little spinny thing inside, you could get it to work. We did that and now it only plays regular disks, no black or blue backed disks allowed. Then me and my bro got the new one and everyone was happy. :wink:

Never heard of that tape idea, though. :shock:

chani*
09-13-2005, 11:29 AM
i turn mine off in the back

I haven't played it in a few months tho....

Kill all the hackers!
09-13-2005, 02:06 PM
^^ i have played dvd's on it thats almost it, from what memory serves...