PDA

View Full Version : can't connect, 051 errors

Pages : [1] 2 3

rosarirr
10-25-2006, 12:58 PM
So after the EULA I get a lobby error No. 051, servers are unavailable, please check our offical website for details. Heading to the offical site for details, it says all servers are online.

Next I try to submit a help request via "contact us" button in which you can submit a .php webbased email to them for technical support. However, this function DOES NOT WORK comming up with an error stating "pleae fill out all drop menus completely". Since there are only 3 total, with 8 lines on the whole page in total, it's hard not to fill out every blank.

So I call the number for tech support provided in the book. 100% automated help, and this game is not supported by thier companies tech support line.

Cypt
10-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm connected to a router, so I'm thinking it may have something to do with that and I'm not exactly sure how to do port forwarding, so I guess I'm screwed until I can figure this out... Great.

sprigganglory
10-25-2006, 01:16 PM
getting the same problem here,
game download the patches fine and confirmed my Guardian License.. but cant seem to connect to the servers why?

sprigganglory
10-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm connected to a router, so I'm thinking it may have something to do with that and I'm not exactly sure how to do port forwarding, so I guess I'm screwed until I can figure this out... Great.

dont think its a router problem.. I disconnected my router and hooked up straight to the cable modem... and SAME ERROR!? 051 POS!

Cypt
10-25-2006, 01:23 PM
dont think its a router problem.. I disconnected my router and hooked up straight to the cable modem... and SAME ERROR!? 051 POS!

*groans* I've shut down my firewall and any other programs that could prevent me from connecting. I've played a lot of online games and never had a problem like this before. This really sucks.

rosarirr
10-25-2006, 01:25 PM
I've shut down all applications in the backround, took our my router and connected it directly to my pc, turned off all firewalls, set up my config so that nothing starts on the startup, and I still get the same error. My new question is who do I contact about a full subscription refund and game refund. If I can't get any support for the game, I don't need to spend 2-4 hours trying to get it to work myself.

Clumsyorchid
10-25-2006, 01:26 PM
This type of issue can occur for some users after GameGuard patches. Please open your Virus applications and Firewalls and look for any blocks on the PSU program or GameGuard program. If you have any other internet monitoring applications, be sure to check these as well (whatever they may be).

Simply turing off these applications may not resolve the issue, so please do a thorough check for problems within these applications.

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 01:27 PM
I've updated gameguard fully and still get

(No 501)
Could not connect to server.
The server may be undergoing maintenance.

Please check maintenance status at the Phantasy Star Universe official website.

My antivirus is disabled.

Clumsyorchid
10-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Please investigate the problem within these applications, disabling the application may not solve the issue.

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Please investigate the problem within these applications, disabling the application may not solve the issue.

Obviously you're not getting the picture here.

THERE IS NO PROTECTION ON MY COMPUYTER RIGHT NOW.

There's no notices or logs in any firewall/antivirus that I have installed. NTOHING. I have DMZ Enabled for my IP on my router that means I have full access to the internet without any port restrictions.

Gameguard updates fine too.

The whole no-cd key thing is :):):):)ing me off because I spent 65$ for the game and overnight shipping and I didn't have to if I knew about this problem.

WHat the hell was sega thinking by not including any protection?

mrspoon
10-25-2006, 01:41 PM
The whole no-cd key thing is me off because I spent 65$ for the game and overnight shipping and I didn't have to if I knew about this problem.

Welcome to my world, except I can't even get the game to boot up.

Clumsyorchid
10-25-2006, 01:46 PM

Obviously you're not getting the picture here.

THERE IS NO PROTECTION ON MY COMPUYTER RIGHT NOW.

There's no notices or logs in any firewall/antivirus that I have installed. NTOHING. I have DMZ Enabled for my IP on my router that means I have full access to the internet without any port restrictions.

Gameguard updates fine too.

The whole no-cd key thing is me off because I spent 65$ for the game and overnight shipping and I didn't have to if I knew about this problem.

WHat the hell was sega thinking by not including any protection?

GameGuard is a self patching application that can be blocked by a variety of Virus applications. Please do not turn off the application. In order to properly troubleshoot the issue, you need to work with us to solve the problem.

xedgex
10-25-2006, 01:47 PM

Welcome to my world, except I can't even get the game to boot up.

If when you click story mode or network mode it isn't doing anything, install the directx off the dvd. That fixed it for me, also I see your from Michigan, me too, Go Tigers!

rosarirr
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
1. opened all router ports
2. I added both applications (PSU) and GameGuard to firewall port exceptions.
3. I turned off all applications running in the backround.
GameGuard updates fine, but still the same error (No. 051)
I'm runniing windows xp64 pro, AMD 64 Processor 3800+, 2.00 gm corsair RAM

ashin
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
This type of issue can occur for some users after GameGuard patches. Please open your Virus applications and Firewalls and look for any blocks on the PSU program or GameGuard program. If you have any other internet monitoring applications, be sure to check these as well (whatever they may be).

Simply turing off these applications may not resolve the issue, so please do a thorough check for problems within these applications.

Well I am having this issue and I need help. It validates my SEGA account and shows me the EULA, then gives me the error that servers are undergoing maintenance, exactly like everyone here says.

I am not running anti-virus at all.

I have a firewall, I did check through the log, and there is absolutely no case where my firewall interfered with psu.exe. It asked me if the application was safe the very first time I ran it, and I said yes. Since then it has not interfered.

I tried restarted the computer. There is no change. Once again, yes I do have a Firewall and no it is not doing anything to harass psu.exe. Oh and my gameguard successfully patched, and so did psu.exe.

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 01:55 PM
GameGuard is a self patching application that can be blocked by a variety of Virus applications. Please do not turn off the application. In order to properly troubleshoot the issue, you need to work with us to solve the problem.

Hey guess what smartypants, it's still not working even with the antivirus on, and there's no messges or log entries either, neither is there anything on my router.

I've played TONS of games with gameguard on and never had such a problem.

OK, so I did my end of the "working with us", how about you do some of that working with us now?

dej
10-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I have no checks against this program in my antivirus/ internet security program- I have no checks against the TCP ports listed in the FAQ.

mrspoon
10-25-2006, 01:58 PM
I have the directx right off the cd.

I haven't seen this much hassle from a release game in a long long time.

Clumsyorchid
10-25-2006, 01:59 PM

Hey guess what smartypants, it's still not working even with the antivirus on, and there's no messges or log entries either, neither is there anything on my router.

I've played TONS of games with gameguard on and never had such a problem.

OK, so I did my end of the "working with us", how about you do some of that working with us now?

Hi, I"m trying to resolve your issue. Please work with me, not against me, in figuring out the problem. I can gaurantee it will be a better experience for everyone involved.

ashin
10-25-2006, 01:59 PM
OK this is from my firewall log, which I cleared right before trying to run psu.exe again:

2 Information Information Application Allowed Application 10/25/2006 3:57:13 PM c:\program files\sega\phantasy star universe\psu.exe is attempting to access the network. Process ID: 936, Socket Type: client, Protocol: TCP, Destination IP: 198.176.10.1, Destination Port: 11200, Source IP: , Source Port: 0.

1 Information Information Application Allowed Application 10/25/2006 3:56:47 PM c:\program files\sega\phantasy star universe\psu.exe is attempting to access the network. Process ID: 936, Socket Type: client, Protocol: TCP, Destination IP: 211.233.86.102, Destination Port: 80, Source IP: 0.0.0.0, Source Port: 1195.

Everything got the green light and it said that it allowed the application. So why isn't it connecting to the lobby?

dej
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Visualize clumsy:

1)I can login.
2)The game connects to the patch server for updates (i can and did update)
3)The end-user liscense agreement prompts.
4)I hit enter to accept.
5)I am immediately given error 051.

-this is not a gamegaurd issue, otherwise I dont think steps 1-3 wouldve worked AT ALL. Isnt this the sort of stuff that should be resolved in beta testing?

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Hi, I"m trying to resolve your issue. Please work with me, not against me, in figuring out the problem. I can gaurantee it will be a better experience for everyone involved.

Well then don't ask questions that everyone answered already and try to blame the problem on me. Everyone already told you that it's not an antivirus or router problem.

Frogbot
10-25-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else here. Game patches, logs in, gives me the EULA, then bugs out on connecting to the Lobby server. It acts like a DNS error. It just kicks it back immediately as if it is contacting the wrong IP or something. Just a suggestion mind you. If we could figure out what the DNS and IP are supposed to be, we could possibly make a workaround.

ashin
10-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Any further info Clumsy? Seems like many of us on the PC are being affected by this issue.

/edit: just an update tried running with my Firewall turned off and that did not make any change in the situation. And like I said my firewall reports allowing access to the application anyway.

I think I remember lots of people having trouble connecting during the xbox live beta test also. May or may not be related. /shrug

Frogbot
10-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I think I remember lots of people having trouble connecting during the xbox live beta test also. May or may not be related. /shrug

A lot of that turned out to be different ISPs not having updated dns information for the servers, which made it so people couldn't connect properly. I'm wondering if this is the same sort of thing. If so, it could work out on its own in time.

Clumsyorchid
10-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Working on it as we speak, just hang while the emails bounce around. Remember, we are working to remove known issues from the equation, so please work with us to solve the problems.

Frogbot
10-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Working on it as we speak, just hang while the emails bounce around. Remember, we are working to remove known issues from the equation, so please work with us to solve the problems.

Ah the joys of being an MMO pioneer. :D Thanks for the updates Clumsy.

dej
10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
[quote=ashin]

A lot of that turned out to be different ISPs not having updated dns information for the servers, which made it so people couldn't connect properly. I'm wondering if this is the same sort of thing. If so, it could work out on its own in time.

any way to update our ISPs on the user-end?

ashin
10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
OK cool.. as long as I know someone with the right connections is working on a solution I'm ok. =)

ashin
10-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Just to further clarify, I can play story mode fine, so its purely some issue with connecting to network mode, and not some other random issue on my side.

sminger
10-25-2006, 02:41 PM
same thing is happening to me, patch downloaded fine, just cant get in the lobby =(

Yaomang
10-25-2006, 02:43 PM
yea mang this sucks, my bro's alreadying playing on the ps2, i'm on PC and can't connect to the servers

KanjiD
10-25-2006, 02:48 PM
At least you guys can play Story Mode, I can't even get that far.

Lainalil
10-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Well, I'm playing right now and my roommate is on his other computer and he can't play we're both behind the same router andneither of us are behind a DMZ. It's not router related. He also has no internet monitoring software and windows firewall has been disabled so it's not firewall related. gg ty kthx no re.

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah I'm playing story, that cozy guy or whatever his name is seems to be on lunch break.

CrazyMedic
10-25-2006, 02:58 PM
OK THERE IS NO NEED TO FLAME!!!!

Here is an odd solution. I am guessing you are using an admin account on your PC? If so background programs that run hinder GameGuard. Make a USER account and try from there.

darkchu
10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Why does this sound like the matrix screen of death from PSO:BB? No cd key, and crap network support: screw this I'm not buying this game.

therag
10-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Im getting
(No. 033)
Network Connection Error.
No response from DNS server
Please check your network settings and try again.

Contrary to you all, i was acutally able to play online for 30 minutes earlier. I had to leave to run some erronds, but when i came back, im right here in the mix with you all.

Frogbot
10-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Is there any word on what is causing this and/or what we can do to get online?

Lainalil
10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
As posted earlier, I'm online my friend isn't, same router. He's having this error. Here's what we've tried so far.

new username on windows, no-go.
Disbaling all non-microsoft services and startup, no-go.
Disabling all firewall and AV software, no-go.
Disabled all avsoftware and all non-microsoft services, removed the game, installed again, repatched, no-go.

Now this is getting frustrating. We bough thte game toplay together and we can't do that. While I expected first day complications I was hoping we'd have a problem like this resolved quickly.

It's not firewall related. The only thing I'm thinking it could be is a conflict with a part of his hardware and the sega system possibly not liking his network card? (Althought hat's insane).

rosarirr
10-25-2006, 03:56 PM
As posted earlier, I'm online my friend isn't, same router. He's having this error. Here's what we've tried so far.

new username on windows, no-go.
Disbaling all non-microsoft services and startup, no-go.
Disabling all firewall and AV software, no-go.
Disabled all avsoftware and all non-microsoft services, removed the game, installed again, repatched, no-go.

Now this is getting frustrating. We bough thte game toplay together and we can't do that. While I expected first day complications I was hoping we'd have a problem like this resolved quickly.

It's not firewall related. The only thing I'm thinking it could be is a conflict with a part of his hardware and the sega system possibly not liking his network card? (Althought hat's insane).
Been sitting here for the past 4 hours with no answer still

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 03:57 PM
HEY COZY? Quit getting too cozy over there and give us some answers. I wanna play online damnit!!!

motig34
10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
i havent tried this cause i dunno the port number for the server but i did this for 2 othere programs that wouldnt connect to my internet and this may be for Linksys users.
1. get your ip adress and enter it in the address bar
2. it will ask for a username and password by defualt it is admin and admin
3. go to some port button and click advance i forget
4. enter one of the ports into each box until tou entered all the ports for the server and hit enable
5. if this doesnt work well WERE SCREWED :( :( :( !!!

if you cant seem to find out the details sorry i cant be specific cause my memory is blurry

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 04:03 PM
i havent tried this cause i dunno the port number for the server but i did this for 2 othere programs that wouldnt connect to my internet and this may be for Linksys users.
1. get your ip adress and enter it in the address bar
2. it will ask for a username and password by defualt it is admin and admin
3. go to some port button and click advance i forget
4. enter one of the ports into each box until tou entered all the ports for the server and hit enable
5. if this doesnt work well WERE SCREWED :( :( :( !!!

if you cant seem to find out the details sorry i cant be specific cause my memory is blurry
I have ports from 1-50000 opened. People tried to get through WITHOUT a router, and still nothing. This might be an ISP issue...

What ISP does everyone have?

I got Optimum Online.

sminger
10-25-2006, 04:08 PM
I am college, not sure what ISP we have but all othe rgames work and so did the 360 beta so i have no idea..

Anza
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Same problem. Tried undoing all firewall things I have, and also undid things like AIM/MSN, ect. Nothing works it seems to be a problem with the software.

My ISP is Road Runner or Time warrner Cable, whatever...

And stop insulting Clumsy he's doing the best he can it's not like it's his fault grow up or stop playing and being a whiny little jerk off, this game was obviously going to have problems just like every other MMO (NO WERE NOT DEBATING THIS BITE ME IF YOU DISAGREE) get over it, just wait for him to replay and play story mode until then.

Genobee
10-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Yea I'm getting this too, I jsut seems to me sega can't seem to egt their head out of there :):):) and make :):):):) work.

Clumsyorchid
10-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Alright guys, I just received updated ports for PSU. Please unblock the following.

TCP
11000 ~ 11099 and 12000 ~ 12099

These will be updated on our site soon, for now please post back if you continue to have issues after opening these ports.

TristramAiur
10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Same problem here as everyone else... it's launch day... the servers are flooded, things will probalby quiet down in a couple days and we'll all get back to slaying rag rappies (i hope, haven't seen one in single player yet)

Doki
10-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Alright guys, I just received updated ports for PSU. Please unblock the following.

TCP

These will be updated on our site soon, for now please post back if you continue to have issues after opening these ports.

I've tried this and still can't even get past No. 038 >_<

Lainalil
10-25-2006, 04:40 PM

TCP

I'm sorry but this is not the case. I too, am a computer technician. The first thing I did was assumed that he was behind a firewall of some kind and had TCP or UDP ports blocked. I attempted to disable all software on his computer followed by DMZing him on the router followed by opening the universe of ports for PSU. None of which solved the problem. I understand you're trying to help but the search is going to have to continue because opening these ports won't solve 95% of the problems occuring.

Genobee
10-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok everyone heres what i did to get past the Error 051. I went into add remove programs and uninstalled Nvidia Network access manager. Check if you have Nvidia built in network cards and see if that software is installed. Removed that and was able to log right in.

dej
10-25-2006, 04:48 PM
how could unblocking the ports be the issue if I can connect to the SEGA ID and the update server? I have no ports blocked, never did. ive already posted this information in previous statements.

ashin
10-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Ok everyone heres what i did to get past the Error 051. I went into add remove programs and uninstalled Nvidia Network access manager. Check if you have Nvidia built in network cards and see if that software is installed. Removed that and was able to log right in.

I was just thinking about this, so I had uninstalled my Nvidia firewall also. Currently on my computer I have no firewall running at all anymore (pls no hax me thx). Now I've got a different problem..

It now says its not able to validate my SEGA id.. error 30 I think. This is odd because it validated my SEGA id before when I got to the error 51. So I don't know if the server is ACTUALLY down now.. or what..

Please help me. =(

Cirno
10-25-2006, 05:00 PM

TCP

Unblocked 11000-11099/12000-12099 to all inbound and outbound TCP and UDP traffic, no go. It hangs me at the Authenticating Sega ID actually.

I loaded up a TCP viewer to see where all my traffic was going during the hang.
http://www.winterfall.org/problem.jpg <- URL for results since I can't [img].

It tries to connect through 11200/12200 block range apparently. Unblocked those as well and it no longer hangs me. I can sometimes get through auth'ing but it still gives me a 051 error. Other times it gives me a 060 "Cannot authenticate Sega ID" error. Server may be undergoing maint, etc. etc.

Vast
10-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Here's my promblem. I'm reading all these post. and you all seem to know something about pc's. I know just enough to play games and such. Opening ports and the like. I don't know how to do all that. So i hope the repairs to the game isn't something i'm gonna have to do. Cause i'll pobably screw up my pc more.

Nohmaan
10-25-2006, 05:19 PM
This is a common issue with the nVidia firewall control. The same thing happened with users playing RF Online, disabling, or uninstalling the nVidia Forceware will fix the 051 errors.

Now for the 060's.

Clumsyorchid
10-25-2006, 05:24 PM
You might actually hit authentication issues right now, as our Auth servers are being fixed. Please hold while this is resolved.

ashin
10-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Fair enough.. first days are always rough but.. well I just hope things get better.

Xenuear
10-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Hooray for an admin post on error 60's

motig34
10-25-2006, 05:49 PM
ok i opened the ports now i get error no 60 cannot authenticate sega ID or something plz fix this quickly

I_r_smrt
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
This is a common issue with the nVidia firewall control. The same thing happened with users playing RF Online, disabling, or uninstalling the nVidia Forceware will fix the 051 errors.

Now for the 060's.

I am Lain's said friend and we've been trying to get my computer to log in to the servers all day. I have a Nvidia graphics card but I don't have anything like nVidia Forceware on my computer. /sigh.

FoxxInc.
10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
I've been getting the 60 errors myself. I hope the get fixed soon. :D

Hagi.donno
10-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Error 60.......

I_r_smrt
10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
bump

motig34
10-25-2006, 07:52 PM
ok ill explain the ports i saw some questions about how it helps if you unblock them

ports are umm.. ports through the internet for servers i guess i dunno but unblocking Ports allow you to connect to that port or something like that. by unblocking the PSU ports you can actualy connect the game wasnt properly connecting thats why it thought server was down cause it couldnt get into the server or something by unblocking them the server was reading as up and running but the error 60 isnt a port problem its a server porblem so dont say

How does unblocking fix the server

it doesnt it lets you get into the server and also dont say

WTH unblocking broke my client now i cant even get into SEGA ID now cause ERROR NO.60 Sega has bad support im gonna wright bad reviews about your games cause im an impatient newbie

if im wrong complain to my friend who made his own computer and is a PC tech

motig34
10-25-2006, 08:03 PM
edited: i was wrong that doesnt work sry

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 08:04 PM
IT'S NOT A PORTS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damnit quit it with the ports already.

It has already been proved that this error comes up without any port changes.

Someone said that he and his friend were ON THE SAME NETWORK and yet one of them could play and the other couldn't.

This is something else.

Oh and auth server is back up, back to error 51!! Yay!!

Any news on error 51?

Anza
10-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Still waiting for a way to get past this error, and if it's not the points then what?

And in any case can someone explain how to change the access for ports just to see if it works or not?

twodee
10-25-2006, 08:12 PM
i am dying without psu. :[

I_r_smrt
10-25-2006, 09:09 PM
LOL, yep, its back to err 51 for me. Actually, its not LOL. I woke up at 8:30 yesterday (10/24/06) and spent all day looking for the game, and now, a day later when I finally have it, I still can't play. I'm going INSANE.

Is error 51 something I need to contact technical support about? Or will I find a solution eventually here on the forums? OR... is it something that SEGA needs to fix and it will work on its own later?

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 09:31 PM
BUMP!!!

Still getting this...

come on...

uguu
10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
I haven't been able to get to character creation because of the 051 error.
After the terms of service, it immediately gives the 051 error.

I have my LAN ip address on the router dmz
I disabled the on-board nvidia nforce4 network adaptor, uninstalled all nforce4 drivers and programs and I installed a linksys NIC.
I got rid of antivirus and firewalls.

I have an Athlon64 3000+, 1gb ram, geforce 6600gt, comcast 8Mb cablemodem service.

Story mode works just fine, but I get the 051 error in network mode after the ToS/EULA.

I_r_smrt
10-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Everyone who is getting the code 51 error. We have something in common and we must find out what. Now I can't imagine why this would effect it but me and uguu both use the GeForce 6400 GT video card. Is there anyone getting the code51 error using this video card or NOT using this video card? This is the only commonality I can find between us.

AlphaCentauri
10-25-2006, 09:51 PM
I am getting this error again as well, the problem is not with my ports; I do not use a router.

Geforce FX 5200, 1GB RAM, P4 2.4GHz, Optimum Online.

smackeh
10-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Geforce 7900 GT and I still cant get on, but I can get on while on my roomate's computer and we're connected to the same router.

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Nvidia GTX 7800 go. I've never had such a problem.

Using TCPView, I can see that during the EULA I have this:

<non-existent>:2288 TCP sager:ms-sql-m 198.176.10.5:12200 ESTABLISHED

ONCE I PRESS ENTER/AGREE the connection dissappears and I get error 051.

It's gotta be something computer related then, something related to our settings or what's installed on our computers.

I wonder if I format, will it fix the issue?

I'm not gonna format...but COME ON..I wanna play online damnit.

uguu
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
I am getting this error again as well, the problem is not with my ports; I do not use a router.

Agreed, connecting the pc directly to the cable modem yields the same error.

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Maybe it's trying to connect to the wrong IP for some of us, connects fine to the regular services, but maybe the actual lobby is on another IP and it's trying the wrong IP and is unable to reach it?

Cirno
10-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Maybe it's trying to connect to the wrong IP for some of us, connects fine to the regular services, but maybe the actual lobby is on another IP and it's trying the wrong IP and is unable to reach it?

If that's the case, someone who is able to log in properly should netstat and paste in the IPs for us so we can force hosts to point there. =/

Though I don't think that's the case unless it's an entirely different thing @ those IP. They respond to pings, afterall.

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I have a log of packets being sent back and forth inbetween the time I see the Agreement and the time I see error 051, it's exactly what the devs need in my opinion, where/who do I forward it to?

smackeh
10-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Oh the absolute and utter frustration.
So what have we deduced so far:
Reinstall doesnt fix
Turning off firewall and virus scan doesnt fix
constantly retrying - definitely does not fix

so far from what i've seen everyone with the problem is running nvidia cards? (which i doubt is the problem because i've been playing on my roomies computer who is running a 7600.)

Anyone else have anything to add?

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 11:07 PM
if there's no fix by tomorrow, I'm gonna try formatting and tell you how that goes. I have a big drive to backup all my stuff on, so I'm good to go for a format...been needing that anyways.

smackeh
10-25-2006, 11:12 PM
if there's no fix by tomorrow, I'm gonna try formatting and tell you how that goes. I have a big drive to backup all my stuff on, so I'm good to go for a format...been needing that anyways.

I happened to just format yesterday -_- But who knows hopefully it might help you

toadwaker
10-25-2006, 11:13 PM
nevermind then lol. I'd rather keep my precious data. did you install anything strange/off inbetween then and PSU?

sprigganglory
10-25-2006, 11:21 PM
YESS!!! I can now connect.!!!!! the problem seemed to be my NVIDIA FIREWALL!! lols uninstalled the thing and used ummm... windows own firewall and made PSU an exception.. then im online!! WOOT! :P

Cirno
10-25-2006, 11:23 PM
YESS!!! I can now connect.!!!!! the problem seemed to be my NVIDIA FIREWALL!! lols uninstalled the thing and used ummm... windows own firewall and made PSU an exception.. then im online!! WOOT! :P

As a collective, all us 051's who don't have software firewalls hate you... In a kind and loving sort of way =(

I_r_smrt
10-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Frustration indeed. My friend (Lain) just got the program running on my brother's computer. Here I am, watching him play all day, and knowing that it will work on my brother's computer and I'm stuck playing it on his piece of crap. Well at least its better than nothing. Hopefully sega will release info tomorrow or something, looks like this problem won't be solved tonight....

Cirno
10-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Interesting turn of events. Just had a friend of mine try to log in with my account since she couldn't create one, go go billing site being down.

[10:27pm] <Koyasha> It bounced me back, but then I got to character creation on the second try.
[10:27pm] <Ruri> hate you so much =(
[10:27pm] <Ruri> What motherboard/NIC card do you have?
[10:27pm] <Koyasha> Heh, well I haven't been able to create my account.
[10:28pm] <Ruri> Are you running an nForce mobo?
[10:28pm] <Koyasha> The billing site won't load.
[10:28pm] <Ruri> You using onboard NIC?
[10:28pm] <Koyasha> Lemme check.
[10:29pm] <Koyasha> No, it's an Intel p965 chipset. Abit AB9 Pro motherboard.
[10:29pm] <Ruri> Ah.
[10:29pm] <Ruri> Then it very well may be a "sega haet nvidia" thing

I'm on an nForce chipset using onboard NIC. No firewall enabled, etc, etc.

With all this talk of nvidia firewall, etc. *shrug* I'm installing it on my other machine that isn't using the nForce chipset. I'll repost in a few minutes.

Frogbot
10-25-2006, 11:34 PM
My roommate installed it on his PC and it works fine. My laptop connects just fine, but my main gaming machine gets nothing but 501s. I've disabled/enabled/installed/uninstalled everything suggested in this thread so far and even forwarded a bunch of pointless ports to the PC. Still nothing. Can we get some sort of update on this issue from the admins?

smackeh
10-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Interesting turn of events. Just had a friend of mine try to log in with my account since she couldn't create one, go go billing site being down.

[10:27pm] <Koyasha> It bounced me back, but then I got to character creation on the second try.
[10:27pm] <Ruri> hate you so much =(
[10:27pm] <Ruri> What motherboard/NIC card do you have?
[10:27pm] <Koyasha> Heh, well I haven't been able to create my account.
[10:28pm] <Ruri> Are you running an nForce mobo?
[10:28pm] <Koyasha> The billing site won't load.
[10:28pm] <Ruri> You using onboard NIC?
[10:28pm] <Koyasha> Lemme check.
[10:29pm] <Koyasha> No, it's an Intel p965 chipset. Abit AB9 Pro motherboard.
[10:29pm] <Ruri> Ah.
[10:29pm] <Ruri> Then it very well may be a "sega haet nvidia" thing

I'm on an nForce chipset using onboard NIC. No firewall enabled, etc, etc.

With all this talk of nvidia firewall, etc. *shrug* I'm installing it on my other machine that isn't using the nForce chipset. I'll repost in a few minutes.

I'm running Nforce 4 too (mobo) so yeah I'm thinking its an Nforce thing.

Frogbot
10-25-2006, 11:37 PM
Nforce 2 here... updated drivers for everything. ;)

smackeh
10-25-2006, 11:44 PM
My roommate installed it on his PC and it works fine. My laptop connects just fine, but my main gaming machine gets nothing but 501s. I've disabled/enabled/installed/uninstalled everything suggested in this thread so far and even forwarded a bunch of pointless ports to the PC. Still nothing. Can we get some sort of update on this issue from the admins?

Passed 5pm PST. We are getting no help tonight.

Cirno
10-25-2006, 11:53 PM
New machine using onboard NIC of a VIA chipset mobo.. It's letting me past EULA and the 051 error.. Just sitting at "Awaiting response from Lobby" now.

038, connection timed out. Better than "cannot contact" atleast.

Pretty safe to say it's a nForce issue I think.

smackeh
10-25-2006, 11:56 PM
New machine using onboard NIC of a VIA chipset mobo.. It's letting me past EULA and the 051 error.. Just sitting at "Awaiting response from Lobby" now.

038, connection timed out. Better than "cannot contact" atleast.

So I guess we've narrowed down the 51 error to nforce chipsets? How freakin weird is that?!

Cirno
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Anyone in this thread getting 051's NOT have an nForce chipset?

<- Currently scrounging around parts bin for a new NIC card to test it on the machine that is getting 051. -_-

Oh ye merciful gods of the spare parts bin, grant me this wish. orz

Yaomang
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
PS2 version works PC version is still down as of 11:00 pm Pacific Time

smackeh
10-26-2006, 12:01 AM
PS2 version works PC version is still down as of 11:00 pm Pacific Time

Do you know if you have an Nforce chipset?

EDIT: I got on. I closed my nvidia control panel on the taskbar and then i got on

Shi N
10-26-2006, 12:07 AM
i use an ASUS motherboard and ATI video card.. and getting 051

Kalivos
10-26-2006, 12:16 AM
/thread

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 12:17 AM
I disabled my nvidia control panel items and closed all the nv* tasks in my task list. Still no go here. :/

Cirno
10-26-2006, 12:18 AM
New NIC in, still 051.. wtf. It's unplayable on my other machine nor is that a solution. *sigh*

smackeh
10-26-2006, 12:22 AM
I disabled my nvidia control panel items and closed all the nv* tasks in my task list. Still no go here. :/

Son of a donkey's brother. While playing I got Error 52. check hardware and now when i try to sign back on. GUESS WHAT! ERROR 51!!!!!

I am so sad.

Ziron999
10-26-2006, 12:24 AM
i JUST got to the dragon in teh plains we were all there and when it went to load the screen from us all being close enough bam! disconnect and cannot reconnect error 51....

dej
10-26-2006, 12:26 AM
this post has now reached five pages, and yet it isn't even a sticky on the forums- where are the priorities of the providers? This is exactly the sort of trivial error that should have been addressed in beta. I'ts a shame Sega of Japan (and USA) didn't learn a thing from the initial release overseas.

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Well, with the servers down now, there's no way for me to continue testing things on my system. So good night folks, I hope we have some sort of admin response in the morning!

smackeh
10-26-2006, 12:28 AM
this post has now reached five pages, and yet it isn't even a sticky on the forums- where are the priorities of the providers? This is exactly the sort of trivial error that should have been addressed in beta. I'ts a shame Sega of Japan (and USA) didn't learn a thing from the initial release overseas.

Initial release overseas? Heck I'm pretty sure the exact same thing happened on BLUE BURST release too. this is such a.... a letdown. And like I said, after 5pm, we get no help.

Sinu
10-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Ok I am stuck at 038 as well.

NForce2 Chipset >.< Asus K78NX using onboard 3Com and NVidia lan. >.<^2

It is now some 6-7 hours and $70 (Including parking) after my installation and I am still messing with everything I can.

Everything is fine then I get to [Contacting Lobby Servers etc] and Nothing until it times out.

It sends out packets for about 2 seconds then dies...

I am BEYOND angry at this point.

People have compared this to WoW etc etc. Well never in my multi-MMO/Online game history have I watched an Admin hit the sack knowing that potentially thousands of people are trying to connect to an Online game throughout the night.

I am utterly speechless...

Here is the difference between Blizzard's nightmare first day and PSU's.

"We are experiencing a nuclear explosion at the datacenter. We will however give you up to the minute details on ETAs etc."

Guess what?... They really did.

Whatever your name is admin person I hope the angry voices of everyone you have abandoned tonight haunts your sleep.

Good day.... erm.. Night.

Cirno
10-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Whatever your name is admin person I hope the angry voices of everyone you have abandoned tonight haunts your sleep.

Good day.... erm.. Night.

He still gets paid and sleeps soundly while we work our :):):):):) off trying to get ourselves on. =P

Ziron999
10-26-2006, 12:31 AM
guys the error cant have anything to do with your computers lol exspecially if u were in the game at one point and time and got kicked out for no reason is all i know is i was in the middle of a mission and got booted. it was not a disconnection from the net because i can still use it obveiously but now its stuck on checking for new patch files i cant even get as far as the error so mabey they are just rebooting or something when this error comes up.

smackeh
10-26-2006, 12:32 AM
So oddly enough, now I dont even make it to error 51. Now I'm stuck at "LOOKING FOR PATCHES" or whatever it says. I think I'm bald now from ripping my hair out.

Nohmaan
10-26-2006, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't blame the admins so hard, I don't see how one could expect an admin to work around the clock because you can't get on to play the game.

Typically, they will offer some sort of reimbursement, either free time, or special things in game like double exp day or etc.

Admins are human, so are we, expect humans to act like humans and computers to act like computers. Troubleshooting a complicated server network is not easy, especially when you are getting hammered with a new release.

I do agree, it would be nice to be able to play my new game that I bought, but imagine if you were at work, and some huge delay caused your customers to become angry with you. Would you want understanding and patience?

There is an offline mode which you can play in the meanwhile if you are interested. The voice acting of ethan is quite bad, but overall it is cool.

--Also, I'm back to the 052 kicking me off and 051 errors again. Too bad extra mode is only unlockable so I can't mess with my custom dude.

Sinu
He still gets paid and sleeps soundly while we work our off trying to get ourselves on. =P

I own my own business and seriously re-booked appointments until Friday hoping I would be playing my dream game after a 5 years wait.

Next time a client walks in complaining about a piece I sold them (I'm an Art dealer) I am going to say, "One minute please." Walk into my backroom and pull up a blanket and sleep.

I mean maybe it will work for me as well right? ... >.<

Cirno
guys the error cant have anything to do with your computers lol exspecially if u were in the game at one point and time and got kicked out for no reason is all i know is i was in the middle of a mission and got booted. it was not a disconnection from the net because i can still use it obveiously but now its stuck on checking for new patch files i cant even get as far as the error so mabey they are just rebooting or something when this error comes up.

I'll take official word from a dev or someone from the server team concerning "it can't be" comments. Until then I'm trying everything from A to Z.

Gotta love opening day MMO problems, eh?

Nohmaan
10-26-2006, 12:37 AM
In my free time, I learned to make Cheezy Hashbrown Hamburger Helper.

ashin
10-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Starting to notice a pattern here.

I also uninstalled my Nforce firewall, sadly because it seemed so heavy-duty, but anyway that was the problem because I don't get err 051 anymore.

Interesting note: disabling the firewall was not enough. I had to completely uninstall it.

Interesting note2: EVEN THO the firewall was allowing PSU access, and granted as an exception, it apparently caused the err051.

Here is my theory:

I think that Gameguard thingie does not like the fact that nforce's firewall sniffs all the packets coming in and out. Somehow gameguard sees that as potential hacking or something, maybe? People are reporting that Windows Firewall seems compatible with PSU.. I haven't turned mine on yet.

Anyway kind of frustrating that we have to make our computers more vulnerable just to play PSU, but at least there seems to be this workaround for some of us.

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Keep trying everything you can, and post what you've tried. Everything we knock out ourselves will make it easier for the support teams to narrow it down.

Sinu
10-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't blame the admins so hard, I don't see how one could expect an admin to work around the clock because you can't get on to play the game.

Typically, they will offer some sort of reimbursement, either free time, or special things in game like double exp day or etc.

Admins are human, so are we, expect humans to act like humans and computers to act like computers. Troubleshooting a complicated server network is not easy, especially when you are getting hammered with a new release.

I do agree, it would be nice to be able to play my new game that I bought, but imagine if you were at work, and some huge delay caused your customers to become angry with you. Would you want understanding and patience?

There is an offline mode which you can play in the meanwhile if you are interested. The voice acting of ethan is quite bad, but overall it is cool.

--Also, I'm back to the 052 kicking me off and 051 errors again. Too bad extra mode is only unlockable so I can't mess with my custom dude.

Yes yes I know I should be... we should be a little more sensible. You are right about that.

I would think however, that this place would be crawling with Sega Reps. This is a Japanese company no? >.> <.< Hmmm.

>1< Admin on opening day for an entire online community seems a bit... sparse..

mango
10-26-2006, 12:43 AM
I am far from overly literate to the comp thing box. I have a nvidia GeForce 6800 card, looking at its settings I do not see any sort of firewall option. My question is, is there one? and if so, how do i turn it off?

Though I honestly think this is not the problem, because other people who do have said firewall, or diff cards all together...051...

Nohmaan
10-26-2006, 12:45 AM
I have a feeling there are at least a few junior admins there, who are not active here. Brand new release of a MMO, I am confident that they have some people pulling graveyard. Well, at least we know they cant play either :P

Sinu
10-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Things I have noticed:

-Error 33 repeatedly right after loading up was fixed by switching to Fullscreen mode.

-Black Screen Error was fixed by reinstalling and Installing DirectX on the CD.

-The ports the Admin listed are not correct. 12201 was being used where'as he listed the end range as 12200. I personally did 11000-13000 just for good measure.

-Universal Plug and Play has weird effects on the network traffic.

-GameGuard hates anything open that requires a port. (I manually stop all services and proccesses before I launch.

-Unchecking [X] "Do not save Game data on Server" resulted in error 51 AND error 33 at times.

Hmmm.. Still thinking.

Nohmaan
10-26-2006, 12:48 AM
I am far from overly literate to the comp thing box. I have a nvidia GeForce 6800 card, looking at its settings I do not see any sort of firewall option. My question is, is there one? and if so, how do i turn it off?

Though I honestly think this is not the problem, because other people who do have said firewall, or diff cards all together...051...

I have the same card and the nforce firewall has been a pain in the :):):) since I can remember. Once the servers are working again, since they are iffy right now, you should try uninstalling it completely and try connecting. You can always put it back on later.

I would say I'm 95% confident that will work for you. Check under your 'Add Remove Programs' to see if you can find it there.

Cirno
10-26-2006, 12:48 AM
Meeeh.. I'm stuck not being able to access the patch server now.

nslookup yields~
Name: patchpc.psueu.segaonline.jp
Address: 198.176.10.1
PING 198.176.10.1 (198.176.10.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 198.176.10.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=48 time=56.4 ms
64 bytes from 198.176.10.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=55.7 ms
64 bytes from 198.176.10.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=48 time=56.7 ms
64 bytes from 198.176.10.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=48 time=55.7 ms

Yay. I'm just gonna go play 東方永夜抄 ~ Imperishable Night for now and pray my thumbs aren't too broken to play PSU later if it's fixed... Hopefully.

Edit: 'cause I like giving random bits of information! Machine's there and online.. The patch server howerver.. is on the fritz, woo~

Yaomang
10-26-2006, 12:51 AM
12 hours of not being able to get to the character customization screen on pc, yet ps2 works some times. :cry: :cry: :cry: Spent about $1500 building a new pc to play this game. Thank god there's an offline story mode to keep me temporarily sane.

Siolenas
10-26-2006, 12:54 AM

LOl ... reimburse me for my down time ... LOL ... I cant even log into create a time to play...

mango
10-26-2006, 12:54 AM

I have the same card and the nforce firewall has been a pain in the since I can remember. Once the servers are working again, since they are iffy right now, you should try uninstalling it completely and try connecting. You can always put it back on later.

I would say I'm 95% confident that will work for you. Check under your 'Add Remove Programs' to see if you can find it there.
no go, i see nothing even close to a nvidia firewall on that. this is the only thing i have not done and tried to connect, ive done everything else everyone has mentioned.

again, ignorance on my part, but there is no way to turn off/remove the gameguard and still play the online option?

smackeh
10-26-2006, 12:57 AM
I believe that the best part about this is, that if they DO get this working, there'll be a 5 hour maintenance in the middle of the day tomorrow -_-.

Nohmaan
10-26-2006, 01:02 AM
I believe that the best part about this is, that if they DO get this working, there'll be a 5 hour maintenance in the middle of the day tomorrow -_-.

Maybe they'll patch Ethan's lame voice acting on that one

Cirno
10-26-2006, 01:03 AM

Maybe they'll patch Ethan's lame voice acting on that one

It's a shame more games these days don't give us the options of keeping the original VA audio tracks while providing English subs.

dej
10-26-2006, 01:16 AM
[quote="Nohmaan"]Troubleshooting a complicated server network is not easy, especially when you are getting hammered with a new release.

Nohmaan, you are being way too forgiving. I never remember any sort of beta testing for this game, and on top of that the release in Japan was fouled up by horrible preperations as well-- Thats a whole country, months before US servers went up-- I guess nobody bothered to pen down the idea to learn from such a horrid screw-up. This isn't a personal vendetta against admins- in fact, I hope they take up voice and consider that they were given too little, too late by the corporate beuracrats to prepare for such a massive release. Hope it works tomarrow.

mango
10-26-2006, 01:18 AM
And now im stuck at the patch screen.

Aside from obviously fixing the problems, I hope they give us some free time, xp or something.

Lainalil
10-26-2006, 01:22 AM
[quote=Nohmaan]Troubleshooting a complicated server network is not easy, especially when you are getting hammered with a new release.

Nohmaan, you are being way too forgiving. I never remember any sort of beta testing for this game, and on top of that the release in Japan was fouled up by horrible preperations as well-- Thats a whole country, months before US servers went up-- I guess nobody bothered to pen down the idea to learn from such a horrid screw-up. This isn't a personal vendetta against admins- in fact, I hope they take up voice and consider that they were given too little, too late by the corporate beuracrats to prepare for such a massive release. Hope it works tomarrow.

It was actually less than a month. Based on what was in teh PC box and packaging and the lack of being able to get the vendor shipments out in time AND the obvious flaws in the programming I'd say the product was slightly rushed to meet the timeline. This may have been for players who wanted to play no matter what or it may have been because the big boss upstairs said that's how it was going to be. However, 24 days is not enough time to prepare a game for another nation. There should have been at least a weekend or two of beta testing just like they did for the XBox 360. They didn't, they're paying the price.

This should have been a huge release for SEGA, in fact, it is a huge release. However, sega didn't pour the money into the moderation of this app because they didn't htink it would be such a moneyhorse. I would imagine we'll see a patch every other day or so for a week until every issue is hammered out.

Anza
10-26-2006, 04:23 AM
haven't got a patch server problem, nor error 60 but right after the online game warrning BAM error 51 still.

If people HAVE been able to get past it I'm thinking it's something server side.

Oh I'm not running a Nivida firewall (despite that I have a 6200 Card) or if I do have it it's not listed in add/remove programs.

I knew I should have played story first so they would fix all of these bugs but I actually wanted to play online >.>

I_r_smrt
10-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Alrighty, so the servers are back up. I got excited about seeing my game get past the searching for updates screen. However I am still getting the error 51 message. Does anyone actually know whats going on with this error? Or will I have to keep re-attempting to log on to the servers every hour until I get it?

Edit:

I knew I should have played story first so they would fix all of these bugs but I actually wanted to play online >.>

I bought the game to play the online mode too, but I guess I'm stuck with story until we get some idea of what error 51 actually means

Anza
10-26-2006, 04:25 AM
Alrighty, so the servers are back up. I got excited about seeing my game get past the searching for updates screen. However I am still getting the error 51 message. Does anyone actually know whats going on with this error? Or will I have to keep re-attempting to log on to the servers every hour until I get it?Frankly I don't think anyone has any idea, none of us seem to bypass it and keep bypassing it, those who did get past end up getting kicked off then getting the error again, weird errors like this are almost ALWAYS serverside.

VII
10-26-2006, 05:27 AM

This might've been a part of my problem. I had Nvidia Network Access Manager in my add/remove list, and I uninstalled it last night. I didnt get error 51 again, but it got stuck at some message I couldnt read. Since it was late I turned my computer all the way off and went to bed. I just got up this morning, cold booted my computer, and attempted to get on. Got error 51 once more. BUT, it took longer to give me the message. I tried again one more time and got through.

My theory: Something about the program does'nt like Nvidia products. Be aware if you have this in common with me. It could be the key to getting you on. I've been having this problem for the last 5 days and now see an immediate change after Genobee's suggestion.

And that's how I fixed my error 51 folks.

Thanks btw, Genobee. ;)

Note: This is Japanese PSU Im dealing with. But I'm 99% sure that the same theory can be applied to US PSU.

uguu
10-26-2006, 06:19 AM
I almost wish i had the nvidia network access manager in my add/remove programs list so i could uninstall it, but i dont. I'm not even using the onboard nvidia network controller, I installed a separate linksys network card in a pci slot.

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 06:37 AM
OK, first of all, it's not gameguard, I've played MANY games with this revision of gameguard and it has never failed me.

Second, It's not a port or firewall issue,

Yesterday I uninstalled any protection software on my laptop AND I connected directly to my modem(meaning no router blockage).

So I should have had full unrestricted access to the internet.

I continued by stopping all non-system-critical services.

I still get error 51 after I press enter for the agreement.

Here's a picture of the traffic going on inbetween me pressing enter and error 51 popping up(THIS IS FROM YESTERDAY:
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7694/trafficiq1.jpg

THIS IS FROM TODAY:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4949/traffic2cb2.jpg

Looks like the IP of the lobby changed, but I'm still getting error 51...also...shouldn't gameguard have something against packet sniffing? I can easily sniff packets onmy network to and from the server...

Anza
10-26-2006, 07:31 AM
See heres the thing if it's Nvidia anything then I have a problem since the ONLY thing I have installed (according to my add/remove list) related to Nividia is DRIVERS which are for my GRAPHICS CARD adn without them I'M FARKED.

So I highly doubt that it. Frankly I think that it's a server issue, period.

CptMondaiJi
10-26-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm at work so I have no clue if this is working yet or not. Although I just have one thing to say, this has nothing to do with NVIDIA's network device, I am using a wireless D-Link with a 6600gt card, I doubt it has anything to do with NVIDIA's graphics card. Is this a problem with the network or do we have to reinstall or something? It would be nice if we could just a response from you Clumsyorchid letting us know if it is indeed a network issue or a hardware, this way ppl can stop trying to figure things out on their side if it is indeed a network issue. Frankly this is also just p-ing me off since I spent 3 hours waiting for the game to come back online and trying to get into the billing site, this is just ridiculous. All in the meantime...Sega is getting paid for usage that they aren't providing to their customers (Just had to add a little rant for annoyance purposes)

Kornithium
10-26-2006, 07:46 AM
ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

051 error

NF4 motherboard, 7800 GTX OC, 2 GB RAM.... - NVIDIA firewall has never been installed because the program causes memory leaks. I have a mcaffe firewall, but even uninstalling it doesn't help. DEP is on, still doesnt work....
Nothing seems to work.....

Kornithium
10-26-2006, 07:53 AM
one thing I should add, Gamegaurd and PSU.exe have full access....

matduke
10-26-2006, 07:57 AM
seriously tired of this 51 error... cmon sega, help us out

Kornithium
10-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Im reviewing my firewall log.
It seems If I retry retry retry.... I get port 135 errors...... Ive opened 135 and still doesnt work.

Kornithium
10-26-2006, 08:08 AM
One thing interesting I noticed.... was when I unclick "do not save game data on servers..." I get 033 error instead....

Cirno
10-26-2006, 08:17 AM
So it dawned on me this morning as I woke up to check TCPView and see what was going on with the machine that could actually get through to the server instead of 051ing out.

http://www.winterfall.org/connection.jpg

198.176.10.9 is the IP it sits at when "Awaiting response from Lobby" after the EULA

Edit: It's also trying to hit 198.176.10.8

Double edit: I unchecked "Do not save game data on server" and I get 033, No response from the DNS server.

Triple edit: Meh, wtf. Made myself a new limited account and it gets to "Awaiting response from lobby server" now.. Which is also unacceptable, shouldn't have to log off to another account to play a game.

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 08:37 AM
This is just another case of poor programming. I'm sure it has something to do with the way it's trying to connect. Us having certain video cards has NOTHING to do with our network access. This is also not a ports issue.

I bet you that if I format this still won't fix the issue.

Has anybody with this problem tried installing another copy from someone that works?

Maybe some people just got bad copies or something.

AND WHERE THE HELL IS OUR GOD DAMN SUPPORT!!??

Stop eating our money and do something already!

Dont shave your pubes, it itches like mad!

Karosine
10-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Alright, i got up at 5 this morning to see if PSU was working, it was. I also got the error message just like you guys. I came to this forum and have been reading all of your posts for 3 hours now. It looks like the help has just come to a halt, because no admins have replied for some time now.

Still looking for a fix, and i hope we can find one soon.

Kornithium
10-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Interesting...... I made a limited account.... and I get an authentication error and the game wont even start. Where as my admin account Will get the 051 error.

matduke
10-26-2006, 08:47 AM
from PSOW

On 2006-08-31 20:13, Triela wrote:
And just as I'm on the brink of quitting for the night, I find the problem.

Those using NOD32's antivirus system may need to add the Sega folder to AMON/IMON's exclusion list.

it worked for me!!!!!!!! psu time.

uguu
10-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm at work right now, so I can't be at home trying to troubleshoot this Sega game since its not my job. Is Sega even acknowledging this as a problem?

Anyone can clearly see by reading this thread that the majority of the people having problems with 051 are quite tech savvy, and have experience troubleshooting computer and network problems.

We're all trying to find solutions on our own time, is Sega doing their part?

Mastro
10-26-2006, 08:50 AM
so yea it's 10:48 am and sure it's actually getting past authentication servers but i'm still get error 51; same deal with all the ports and adding programs to the windows firewall and yet still no go.......yea lol this is awesome more offline time for me.

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Pretty sure sega would make an announcement if they gave a rat's :):):), but guess what, they don't.

Kornithium
10-26-2006, 08:54 AM
OMFG.
I untinstalled macaffe entirely, not just the firewall and BOOM! PSU TIME MOFOS!!! HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

uguu
10-26-2006, 08:56 AM
I think that if there are any users that are watching this thread, but haven't posted, they should post and verify that they have tried everything suggested in these 7 pages and are still getting the 051 error.

Maybe we will get some attention from support if they know how many people cannot connect due to 051, and they will actively try to resolve the problem.

Mastro
10-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I don't use a virus protection for this computer because it's just used for gaming while I have a seperate one for online use and I've even turned OFF the firewall on this one so... yea it's not working... nothing is.

*edit* man sega is seriously lucky that you can't return the game because no game is worth this much aggravation to play it; not to mention the fact that they didn't have a cd key come with the game lol? I'm sure there's a bunch of different torrents already out for the iso rip of this game and then people will just register at playsega and play the game for $10 a month yay?

Seriously I thought SE was bad but man sega, you guys take the cake.

CptMondaiJi
10-26-2006, 09:09 AM
from PSOW

On 2006-08-31 20:13, Triela wrote:
And just as I'm on the brink of quitting for the night, I find the problem.

Those using NOD32's antivirus system may need to add the Sega folder to AMON/IMON's exclusion list.

it worked for me!!!!!!!! psu time.

I will do that as soon as I get home!

matduke
10-26-2006, 09:12 AM
even shutting down Nod32 wouldn't do it, because the kernel wouldnt shut itself down... adding to exceptions worked. i'm in the tutorial, lol

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 09:14 AM
OK, well nothing new here though, it has already been discussed here that you should just disable any protection and add the game folder to the safe folder of any protection porgrams you have. But what about those of us who have uninstalled every piece of protection and STILL get error 051?

Screw this I'm gonna go eat and play ping-pong for an hour..then it's time for my calculus class.

See yall later.

oh and I hope this gets fixed... Cause I might bi*ch at ebgames for selling me a faulty copy and get my money back, and do something really mean after that.... :evil:

Anza
10-26-2006, 09:33 AM
Frankly I don't even know how to add access to my firewall set up, doing a search for NOD32 right now (no luck thus far) and frankly I'm really getting sick of this damn error.

Nothinga bout it makes sense, some people can connect others can't, some can bypass it only to be disconnected later and having the error again. Has ANYONE actually fixed it and reloged in several times to make sure they arn't getting it still?

CptMondaiJi
10-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Frankly I don't even know how to add access to my firewall set up, doing a search for NOD32 right now (no luck thus far) and frankly I'm really getting sick of this damn error.

Nothinga bout it makes sense, some people can connect others can't, some can bypass it only to be disconnected later and having the error again. Has ANYONE actually fixed it and reloged in several times to make sure they arn't getting it still?

NOD32 is an anti-virus software, don't bother with the message if you don't have it for your problem lies somewhere else.

And also I just thought about it but this is great, if maintanence goes as scheduled tonight then I'll have about 1 hour to play online before it goes down, oh jeesh oh jolly jee! And that's if the NOD32 fix works on my system, ooo I'm so esctatic!

Dragonmaxim
10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I have done everything and then some and nothing. I added all the ports, I completely uninstalled my antivirus and still get error 051. I would appreciate an admin post with ANY update there might be (even if just to say we are still working on it).

uguu
10-26-2006, 09:44 AM
I would appreciate an admin post with ANY update there might be (even if just to say we are still working on it).

Yes, that would be great if they acknowledged this problem and not just ignoring it since the majority of their users are still able to get access.

Anza
10-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I agree Clumsy if your around can you give up some kind of update on if you even working on it? Frankly NOTHING seems to work and it's :):):):)ing me off rather well right now.

I'm really kicking myself for paying already, I KNEW something like this would happen oh and guys don't even begin to think you'll get a few days free or anything, Sega doesn't give a :):):):) about actually being kind to it's users >.>

Remedy
10-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Just checking in saying I'm getting 051 as well. =/

E: I'm on an nForce 2 board, but I'm not using the onboard NIC, I'm using a D-Link 802.11g wireless NIC. This is exasperating.

Xenuear
10-26-2006, 10:22 AM
How many people have tried a complete reinstall? Im curious to see what would happen.

sushirom
10-26-2006, 10:24 AM
I can add the whole folder to AMON but do I have to add the whole thing to IMON? I can only add one file at a time there not folders. That would take a lot of clicking.

Dragonmaxim
10-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Pardon my ignorance, whats the difference between AMON/IMON?

Cirno
10-26-2006, 10:38 AM
This is just terrible.. Nothing I try will fix this issue.

Anarchy Online didn't even have this bad of a start up and that game was unplayable for a few months at launch. Atleast everyone could connect to it. -_-

In other news: Put myself on dmz.. Nothing. Changed my DNS servers and unchecked "Do not save gamedata on server".. Nothing.

Sent Sega a tech support request.. Nothing.

sushirom
10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Pardon my ignorance, whats the difference between AMON/IMON?

Well Amon is the name for the File System monitor and IMON is the Internet Monitor.

::EDIT1:: Well I tried NOD32 putting the exe for the online part of psu in IMON's exceptions and the whole folder in AMON's and I still got nothing. Other than NOD32 I don't have any firewalls or anything. And then maybe, I guess my Linksys wireless network could ef- me up. And I can't get to my step brother's computer that the net is connected to. He insists all his firewalls are down. Which usually when I check they are and I've never had a problem before. *Sigh* I really want to play, I've been waiting since I heard production started for this game and this is dissapointing.

::EDIT2:: Oh~! And, I'm lost when it comes to networking. So I just thought I'd ask if maybe theres a miracle little windows program that simply checks if the port you tell it is open? Just a thought. lol But I guess people would be hitting that up like crazy if it were around.

Remedy
10-26-2006, 10:47 AM
*is tempted to change avatars to the one Cirno is using*

I've done just about everything listed in this thread. I'm DMZed through the router firewall, I disabled and removed my hard firewall (pre-router), turned off Norton Corporate Antivirus, everything. My PC's one step from being bare on the net (direct to cable modem) and nothing.

Been waiting for this for, what, two years now? :evil:

Cirno
10-26-2006, 10:57 AM
*is tempted to change avatars to the one Cirno is using*

Been waiting for this for, what, two years now? :evil:

It's about how I feel right now. First it was :D, now it's D:

Soon it'll be =/ then >=/ and then it's >:3 rawr! as I complain to Gamestop and they refund my money so I'll only be out $9.99 for the monthly server fee.

The box I'm running it on is stripped specifically for gaming. Minimal services, no software firewalls, minimal antivirus and most times none at all since it's a gaming machine and not a work machine.

There should be nothing preventing it from connecting to server, yet there is. When I make a new user under limited privs it gets through 051.. It makes no sense. Doesn't let me play, just sits me at "Awaiting response from lobby," but it's a start somewhere.

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Man, still nothing from the admins? I've done so much to try and fix this on my own that I'm honestly out of things to do. I'm not formatting to fix ONE game on my system when everything else works perfectly, so don't even bother suggesting it. I've uninstalled all firewall software at this point, and disabled every startup program I have. The only nvidia software installed now is my display driver, and everytime I startup I do a little chant to the gaming gods. What's left?

Cirno
10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Have you sacrificed a few small forest creatures the the dark gods of PC tech? Didn't work for me, but it's worth a shot.

dej
10-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I uninstalled my nVidia network access manager last night, then found the game playable this morning- yay. However, it will randomly crash from time to time, returning to desktop with an error stating

"Gamegaurd initialization failed" - I got this error once playing the single player mode as well last night- anybody else get this?

The ten minutes I got in this morning before class will not suffice- I forsee some power drinking tonight as it seems both I and the servers need some 'maitanance' after dealing with this craptastic launch.

Remedy
10-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Have you sacrificed a few small forest creatures the the dark gods of PC tech? Didn't work for me, but it's worth a shot.I went and sacrificed a bunny to SERVER and Lain, no dice. :(

OmegaWeltall
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
ugh... i've tried everything people suggested, even a complete reinstall but alas... so much for my 15(14 now) free days. ya they dont charge you for 15/30 days cause thats the Beta Test period. oh well time to go / emo now (cut slit stab stab)

sushirom
10-26-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm going to ask something first. If a port is stealthed by a firewall, that obviously means a firewall may be blocking it, correct?

So I went to http://www.pcflank.com/scanner1.htm which I got from a mcafee suported site (http://www.hackerwatch.org/probe/). And when you start their scanner they ask you if you want to use the basic or the second type of scan. If you use the other one, you can type in which ports you want it to check. So I did all the ones sega said would give you a problem.

12000-12010

It seems all the ranges for that area are "stealthed" for me. I guess I have to go open those, it must be my router or my server computer or ISP. Cause I don't have anything on this computer sept NOD32 and I have psu on the exceptions lists and that should have done the trick if it was that I would think.

Yeah and if theres error in my thinking anywhere in this post, that's cause I don't know anything about networking what-so-ever.

uguu
10-26-2006, 11:42 AM
It seems all the ranges for that area are "stealthed" for me. I guess I have to go open those, it must be my router or my server computer or ISP. Cause I don't have anything on this computer sept NOD32 and I have psu on the exceptions lists and that should have done the trick if it was that I would think.

Some people have had luck with uninstalling mcaffee, or any antivirus program they have installed. You can try that, but there are still some of us, myself included, that have done so in addition to bypassing the router and connecting directly to the cablemodem and still cannot get past 051 error.

Turbulance
10-26-2006, 11:49 AM
just for poops and giggles I reinstalled my OS and still got the same error so go figure and I even dug around in my registery for awhile to find any blocks and well nope I believe this to be server side.

mango
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
This makes me wonder just about how many PC users are on, and how many cannot get on. I have never made it past the 051 error and I have done everything listed on this thread. I just want two things, the problem fixed and some sort of in game refund.

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
just for poops and giggles I reinstalled my OS and still got the same error so go figure and I even dug around in my registery for awhile to find any blocks and well nope I believe this to be server side.

You'd think so. I have no idea. 2 out of 3 PCs on the network in my home can play, but one stubbornly refuses. There has to be something going on. >_<

smackeh
10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
This is pretty upsetting, my roomie has been playing all day yesterday and today, whereas just about all the users in this thread have been blindly troubleshooting to almost no resolve. When are we going to hear ANYTHING official? Should I just uninstall it already?

uguu
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM
I have no idea. 2 out of 3 PCs on the network in my home can play, but one stubbornly refuses. There has to be something going on. >_<

Your setup may help us all figure out what is causing the 051 error, since you have multiple computers on the same LAN and only one of which is unable to connect.

Knowing this, we can rule out the ISP as the cause. We can also rule out the router as the cause since some of us have either put our computer on the dmz or connected directly to the modem.

Now we just have to look at the hardware and software on the computer to determine what is preventing access. Frogbot, are your 3 computers running the same antivirus program? Do any of them have Windows firewall enabled or nvidia network access manager installed?

Concerning hardware, are any of the computers using the on-board ethernet controller? If they are nvidia nforce chipset motherboards, is Checksum Offload disabled?

Basically its a big game of identifying what is different about the software and hardware of your computer that cannot connect, with your two computers that are able to connect.

If we can look at the differences one by one, perhaps we can identify the problem and it will solve the problem for many of us.

Remedy
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM
At this point, I'm willing to offer cash or favors to whomever can get this crap to work. =T.T=

Lainalil
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Remedy, PM me and fo rfavors I shall tell you the dark secrest of PSU PC =O

Tyfreaky
10-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Remedy...one thank you for the controller advice...
And two:

I'm willing to donate to 'Remedy's kiss somebodies :):):):) Fund(TM)'

But I already donated my 9 dollars and am starting to get freaking :):):):)ed...can anyone tell us anything at all?

Lainalil
10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
To be honest, I have no idea why I'm on and otehrs aren't.

We verified due to the elimination process that it's not my friends router that's blocking him, nor his firewalls, nor his video card. I really do think it's improper communication between a certain piece of hardware and sega's servers. Or the gameguard is blocking a certain type of communication some computers send. Whateevr it is, I'm sure there will be a solution soon. I'm sorry guys =/. I'll give some meseta to everyone who had this problem to help them catch up though =O.

Tyfreaky
10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
No offense Lan, but saying that is like going up to a man that just lost his job, all his money, and wife, and saying "Sorry i got the promotion and you got fired,heres a dollor...now excuse me while I go have sex with your wife, hope you get back on your feet soon-MUHAHAHAHAHA"

Sigh...can somone official tell us what the hell is going on and an estimate on when it will get fixed? :?:

uguu
10-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Sigh...can somone official tell us what the hell is going on and an estimate on when it will get fixed? :?:

I would even settle for someone official saying that they'll look into it.

It just feels like theyre completely ignoring the largest thread in the PC support board.

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 12:30 PM
I see clumsyorchid is around, but he's ignoring this thread like the plague...

gynko06
10-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Well For what is worth im in the same vote as all of you.

No Antivirus i unistalled that. No firewalls whatsoever. Friend who lives up the street uses same ISP as me can connect. I tried connecting just my modem but for some reason it kept saying my connection is limited but i dont feel like fixing that or trying. cos once i connect it to my Linksys router everythign works fine. But once i try to accept license agreement to play online half a second later i get Error .51 tried a million times and a half and still no cigar. Come on ADMIN at least give us a update!!

oh and if neone knows why when i connect my modem to just me comp i have a limited connection and get on the internet (knows how to fix that that would be nice to know but not priority) TY hope we getthis stuff working ASAP

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
So here's the scoop I have so far,

It's not a port/antivirus/firewall/ISP/OS/software issue

I tried a few different network cards including my wireless and still get 51..

I think the guys at sega should be waking up any time now from their beauty sleep.

Tyfreaky
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
I just used the contact us link...and one of its instructions was to come to the tech forums and see if someone had posted about the issue and if not post myself, wait for a reply from the admins, then contact support....

**Content suppressed due to incoherant rambling and profanity in in 15 known languages and a few I just made up for the occasion**

OK SO I"M HERE!! OK MR> ADMIN YOU CAN TELL ME WHATS FREAKING GOING ON NOW....

I am not contagious, and have no know history of violance against tech support (Not yet anyway..if this keeps up though....) so can you please tell us something?

Even if its just: We have no idea what in the 9 hells is going on....
Thats better than nothing

mango
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM
The nearest thing people have in common is the vid card, but even people with diff cards have the same problem. could it maybe be location? grasping at straws i know, but who knows...west coast for me...others?

gynko06
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
just wondering...im going to try this now but has neone tried to update there drivers for the network card. And what type of drivers u using. I have a ASUS A8N sLi Deluxe mobo with a Marvel gigbyte or w/e network... just curious.. since admins are taking a break at least the players can try to figure it out

Cirno
10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
just wondering...im going to try this now but has neone tried to update there drivers for the network card. And what type of drivers u using. I have a ASUS A8N sLi Deluxe mobo with a Marvel gigbyte or w/e network... just curious.. since admins are taking a break at least the players can try to figure it out

I've the same mobo as you, and we've been trying to fix this ourselves sinces the admins have forsaken us since like.. late yesterday evening.

Already uninstalled/reinstalled all network related drivers. Still nothing.

Sinu
10-26-2006, 12:51 PM

It seems that most people having problems (Me! @#*&^!) have NForce chipsets. I have a Asus K78NX Deluxe adn I am using the onboard Nvidia Lan. >.<

Still stuck at the Lobby Server message. It has now been close to 24 hours of me trying to get online. 8 of those hours have been the same Error 038 Connection timed out problem. It blazes through Authentication etc. Just not the Lobby server part.

I am steaming at this point.

gynko06
10-26-2006, 12:52 PM
ya i made a limited account but now gameguard wont even work....this sucks.

Sega for the loose

Sinu
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
ya i made a limited account but now gameguard wont even work....this sucks.

Sega for the loose

Same thing happened to me. I tried limited and Full acces accounts. Neither worked.

EDIT!

WHOA!!! Ok... I just uninstalled (Make sure to actually uninstall instead of just reinstalling over it.)

I noticed on my first install it was freezing a bit. Moving the mouse the whole time through this reinstall seemed to keep it from doing that.

I can now load up the game in Windowed mode without getting the 33 Error. It JUMPED to the Patch download. I also canceled the game guard update and made it do it again...

I think this is a Game guard issue. Possibly it doesn't recognize something or has problems watching my IRQs/Ports/Procceses... I don't exactly know what it does but canceling its inital update sure as hell changed something.

Tyfreaky
10-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Cirno and others....I dont think this issue has anything to do with OUR end, i think its a sega server related thing, yes some people got on but I'm thinking its pure luck.

And to the admins, I know your not official tech support but come on...you have a nine page thread all related to one issue and you just abandon it without any updates or even a: "Fend for yourselves we're out'

I dont know about the others but you've lost my respect (if that means anything) but at the very least if your going to post that things are fixed...when you find out they are still borked at least say there is still an issue, instead of leaving us here to think the issue must be on our end since you said it was fixed

gynko06
10-26-2006, 12:58 PM
ya i was wondering if iit was my router..but i see you all haveing problems so ill wait till u guys get fixed then i will knowf or srue.. but pretty sure its not my router...cos every time something happens like this it never is my router its always somthing they have to tell u what to do....

Anza
10-26-2006, 12:59 PM
1 free day down the drain, come on clusmy I EVEN TOOK UP FOR YOU! ITS ME WHO TOOK UP FOR YOU, ME THE PERSON WHO HATES EVERYONE!

GIVE US SOMETHING DAMN IT!

Don't make me go kawaii on your PM box (actually I don't even thinks that works but the threat stands >.>) remember there is nothing more scary then a overly anime-girlish nice Anza, NOTHING.

gynko06
10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Well so far i only see people wiht ASUS mobos...wonder if that has ne thign to do with it.. Unless someone has another mobo they would like to claim ..

uguu
10-26-2006, 01:01 PM
since admins are taking a break

If I ever took a break this long at work, I'd be fired.

Well so far i only see people wiht ASUS mobos...wonder if that has ne thign to do with it.. Unless someone has another mobo they would like to claim ..

I have an ECS mobo, AMD socket 754 with nforce4 chipset

mango
10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
I honestly feel like Kirk right now, and instead of yelling out Kahn to the heavens, its going to be Sega

I did the limited account, disabled everything, made sure before even doing so that gameguard has access, and now in the limited account, i get fullscreen, though I have it set for less...anyways, it goes black, I hear a error sound, have to shut down psu, the error says problem trying to connect to the gameguard update server...which when I launch the game to pick from story or network mode, gameguard launches fine and does its little update deal.

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 01:15 PM
I have no idea. 2 out of 3 PCs on the network in my home can play, but one stubbornly refuses. There has to be something going on. >_<

Your setup may help us all figure out what is causing the 051 error, since you have multiple computers on the same LAN and only one of which is unable to connect.

Knowing this, we can rule out the ISP as the cause. We can also rule out the router as the cause since some of us have either put our computer on the dmz or connected directly to the modem.

Now we just have to look at the hardware and software on the computer to determine what is preventing access. Frogbot, are your 3 computers running the same antivirus program? Do any of them have Windows firewall enabled or nvidia network access manager installed?

Concerning hardware, are any of the computers using the on-board ethernet controller? If they are nvidia nforce chipset motherboards, is Checksum Offload disabled?

Basically its a big game of identifying what is different about the software and hardware of your computer that cannot connect, with your two computers that are able to connect.

If we can look at the differences one by one, perhaps we can identify the problem and it will solve the problem for many of us.

1) Windows firewall is disabled on all the PCs in the apartment. I don't even know what Nvidia access manager is, but I disabled all Nvidia software except the display drivers. Is there a bios setting on nforce boards that I'm missing?

2) Checksum offload is disabled on the onboard network cards, and I have tried it both ways, enabled and disabled.

I have another PC that I am installing on right now that is the exact same hardware configuration as the one I'm currently having trouble with. I'll let you know what comes of that.

gynko06
10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Well i tried it on my other computer which has everything and it works!! but its my bros comp...the only thing he has that i dont that i can think of is .net framework 1.1 so im going to download and install that and maybe :):):):) will change.... thx for all the help SEGA ... i love tryin to figure :):):):) out in teh dark!

Cirno
10-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Cirno and others....
snip

I'm actually leaning towards a hardware/software compatability issue really. Atleast that's what it sounds like after re-reading this whole thread.
It seems like there's something on our end that is common with the nForce chipset that is preventing connection to the server until we strip rights away from ourselves.

Some think it's the firewall, but disabling it does no good. Antivirus, same thing. I can't really think of anything else that would do it offhand.

If it were a purely server side thing everyone would be experiencing a 051. Essentially what the 051 is saying is that "Nope. I can't find a server there or I am unable to connect to it, boss. For all intents and purposes 198.176.10.5/7/8/9 doesn't exist, try again later."

When I create a new user account on my machine with limited rights I get past the 051 to "Awaiting response from Lobby" until it times out which is more or less "Ok, there's something there.. I see it, it sees me.. But I don't feel like waiting this long for a final response so try again later."

I installed it on another computer with a VIA chipset board in the same house, same network, etc. and it works up until the "Awaiting response from Lobby" until it times out as well. Though that very well may be something on my end, but I don't know what.

gynko06
10-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Mine is a Marvel Gigabyte chipset... but ASUS company

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
The second PC I have with the same nforce board also has the same problem. That PC has an ATI video card though, so we can rule out the video card as a problem. It's looking to be something related to nforce boards. >_<

Remedy
10-26-2006, 01:23 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/Flamora/character.jpg

I'm just tempted to make that my PC wallpaper, it'll be the same thing, right? =/

gynko06
10-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Well .net framework 1.1 is not working....my buddy has a Nforce board and chipset and it works great for him. I have a ASUS board with Nforce 4 and the Marvel Gigabyte DRiver for my network

uguu
10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
1) Windows firewall is disabled on all the PCs in the apartment. I don't even know what Nvidia access manager is, but I disabled all Nvidia software except the display drivers. Is there a bios setting on nforce boards that I'm missing?

2) Checksum offload is disabled on the onboard network cards, and I have tried it both ways, enabled and disabled.

I have another PC that I am installing on right now that is the exact same hardware configuration as the one I'm currently having trouble with. I'll let you know what comes of that.

There is an option in the bios to enable/disable the on board ethernet controller. You might want to check that. I assume then that all 3 computers use an nforce chipset? Are they all using the same version of the forceware drivers, or is one of them older?

Well i tried it on my other computer which has everything and it works!! but its my bros comp...the only thing he has that i dont that i can think of is .net framework 1.1 so im going to download and install that and maybe will change.... thx for all the help SEGA ... i love tryin to figure out in teh dark!

Please, let us know. That is a new idea that has come across this thread. If that doesnt work, could you also check what other software is different between the two computers, and if they both share the same program, maybe there is something within the settings that is different.

Tyfreaky
10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Cirno to be honest, I dont know enough about computers to comment at thsi point, you seem to be well versed in the issue and have been steady in your attempts to find and eliminate the problem.

For this I salute you. Salute

But while the conversation has remained civilized so far, I fear that in just a few short hours, when school lets out and people start getting home from work, it will not remain thus.

If they dont respond soon to this thread people will start making their own threads on the subject, in hopes of getting a response....and i really dont want to see any 'over 9 thousand' comments made ( LOL )

Someone needs to respond to this thread if not for any other fact than to keep all comments on the subject here and not in several thousand 1 or two comment threads

/rant off[/i]

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey guys, should I try formatting and then doing a fresh install of windows xp pro and then proceeding to installing PSU + directx+drivers right away and then going to connect it straight to my cable modem? and try again?

I'm 95% sure I'll still get error 051...but at least I'll get to waste some time and release some steam that's building up...

Remedy
10-26-2006, 01:33 PM
and i really dont want to see any 'over 9 thousand' cooments made ( LOL )WHAT, NINE THOUSAND?!

Aaron777
10-26-2006, 01:33 PM
yeah that would be nice...

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
yeah that would be nice...

That made this much sense (insert 1 over infinity here)

Cirno
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
Jumpin' jesus on a pogo stick! I'm gettin' somewhere.

I'm now able to get to the "Awaiting response from lobby server." on my full rights admin account. /glee

I'll take a "Timed out" over a "No, go away" any day.

I imagine it had something to do with me doing a clean wipe on all my nvidia/nforce drivers and possibly uninstalling and reinstalling PSU.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php to get the tool to allow you to completely delete your nforce chipset drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp for nforce chipset drivers.

Edit: It would seem that it does not have something to do with "Checksum offload," as I can get past 051 with or without enabled.

gynko06
10-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Network.1.1 framework did not work at all The only thing differnt is that that computer uses a Nforce Network and the one that doesnt uses GIGABYTE! but everyone seems to be having Nforce... i dunno im out of ideas. Most likely its some stupid option we have to check lol but this is driving me crazy!! i will try to think of what that comp has that mine does not but so far there exact... Same OS used the same disc lol. Out if ideas once again

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Jumpin' jesus on a pogo stick! I'm gettin' somewhere.

I'm now able to get to the "Awaiting response from lobby server." on my full rights admin account. /glee

I'll take a "Timed out" over a "No, go away" any day.

I imagine it had something to do with me doing a clean wipe on all my nvidia/nforce drivers and possibly uninstalling and reinstalling PSU.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php to get the tool to allow you to completely delete your nforce chipset drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp for nforce chipset drivers.

I'll try that in a second. Thanks.

SUPPORT IS WORKING!!
TROOPS!! ADVANCE TO http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php AND NUKE THEM TO THE HOLE THEY CAME FROM!!! HARRRR

Sinu
10-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Well I'm out of ideas now...

I am deleting my Hosts file right now, then I'm going to setup syslog on my netopia router and actually watch the packets hit the toilet.

After my reinstall I went from the 038 to the 051 error. I have also now overlapped the 24 hour mark of when I first installed this game....

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Sadly, the machines that can get on in my place are not nforce motherboard pcs. The two that get the error are ASUS nforce2 boards. I tried disabling the onboard ethernet controller, but that didn't work either. I'm running out of wacky options!

Tyfreaky
10-26-2006, 01:43 PM
LOL Supports been working about two hours now......I did not say anything in hopes that if they only had a few messages to reply to, that I might actually get a response ROFL To late now, you have sicc'ed the dogs of war on 'em.....

Remedy
10-26-2006, 01:44 PM
My onboard NIC on my nForce 2 mobo is disabled, so it can't be that.

E: Hot damn, I own page 10. *dances*

gynko06
10-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Mine is a ASUS Nforce4 SLI CHipset/wiht a MArvel Gigabyte driver)

Cirno
10-26-2006, 01:49 PM
My onboard NIC on my nForce 2 mobo is disabled, so it can't be that.

I tried a different NIC as well, it's not just a matter of the NIC. It's probably a chipset compatability issue.

"Sega haet nForce" and such.

In other news, I haven't eatten since last night.. Break time! Hopefully they'll fix it by time time I get back.

Otherwise... Otherwise, I might divide by zero or something. I'm sure you all know what happens after that. :3

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Okay, I'm consolidating a list of things I've marked off the list of causes of my own problems. This may not apply to everyone with this error, but I bet it'll apply to most of you.

1) Router/Modem

I have DSL and cable. Neither seems to work. Direct connection to the dsl/cable modem or behind the router, neither changes the error.

2) Software Firewalls/Antivirus

I have disabled both and then uninstalled both entirely. No change in error.

3) Network card. I have 3 network cards on one machine. 2 built-in to the motherboard, and one PCI card. None of them change the error message.

4) Video card - Nvidia card in one machine, ATI in the other. Both get the same message. I don't think the video is causing it.

5) Nvidia resident programs. I uninstalled every nforce program I had except for the graphics drivers themselves. I quit every nv* program from the task list and no change.

6) Nforce bios settings - I disabled the ethernet controllers from the bios, as well as any other misc. motherboard hardware that wasn't being used. 1394 adapters, onboard sound etc. Nothing changed.

So what does this leave us to look at? Just the motherboard now folks. And if there's some sort of hardware problem, I'm not sure what settings we can change ourselves to fix it.

gynko06
10-26-2006, 01:50 PM
im sick of redownloading drivers and such.... my interenet works fine and so do all my other games.. Sega needs to find a patch or what not to fix this :):):):)...this is rediculous

Aaron777
10-26-2006, 01:52 PM
if you could play the story mode then wouldn't that cross off the motherboard idea as well and leave us in the realm of sega having the brunt of the problem on their backs?

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 01:54 PM
if you could play the story mode then wouldn't that cross off the motherboard idea as well and leave us in the realm of sega having the brunt of the problem on their backs?

Story mode works fine on all the PCs. This is purely a networking issue at this point.

mango
10-26-2006, 02:00 PM
for those who are using more then one PC, and it works on at least one of them, lame question but your using the same copy of the game right?

Im wondering if the game/disc itself is somehow screwed up, I have had that happen before with various games that are brand spankin new. Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldnt, I would try someone elses copy and bam, it works 100% everytime.

gynko06
10-26-2006, 02:02 PM
yes im using the same Disc

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 02:03 PM
for those who are using more then one PC, and it works on at least one of them, lame question but your using the same copy of the game right?

Im wondering if the game/disc itself is somehow screwed up, I have had that happen before with various games that are brand spankin new. Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldnt, I would try someone elses copy and bam, it works 100% everytime.

I installed the game on one machine with the disc, patched it and it didn't work. Then I copied the directory entirely onto another machine without installing and that machine works. So no go there.

gynko06
10-26-2006, 02:05 PM
What network drivers is eveyrone using i am curious.... MARVEL Gigabyte here.[/b]

I_r_smrt
10-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Its now 1pm on 10/26/06, and I'm still getting err51. That puts me at the 52.5 hour mark from my waking point on tuesday. And STILL, I have no PSU. At this point, I am convinced that it is an issue SEGA needs to remedy, and its not something we can do. So everyone who is having this error51 problem please fill out a form with the tech support. Maybe they'll respond if they see enough of us do that. I WANT MY PSU!

toadwaker
Updating/cleaning drivers does nothing whatsoever. I'm really thinking of farmatting right about now.

Lainalil
It's obviously a compatability issue with nforce and/or gigabyte. That's all I'm seeing and my roomie uses a gigabyte mobo. This is something that you will probably not be able to fix but SEGA should be able to fix compatability issues with the hardware themselves since tehy have logs of where it's failing. I would STRONGLY recommend that if you make a report to sega you include this link and inform them that us, the USERS haev narrowed it down to motherboard chipset related issues and list gigabyte and nforce.

I_r_smrt
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Whoops Lain, I didn't see your post before I raged. I submitted a help request already without a link to the forums. Anyone else who submits plz do so.

/rage quit. :x

toadwaker
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
How could a motherboard or hardware issue effect network connectivity?

gynko06
10-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I also sended in a REPORT. Hope this makes them open there eyes.

Lainalil
10-26-2006, 02:15 PM
There are many games that only function on certain chipsets because of the way the information flows. I'm not a hardware technician but I am aware that when running various programs, unexpected occurances can happen if certain data doesn't make it from point A to point B. It does seem to be a chipset issue related to nForce and Gigabyte. No one else has said anything to the contrary.

It certainly isn't firewall, port, processor, video card, etc. related. Through the process of elimination this is the only commonality between all of them. At least it gives the devs the dierction to search in.

Lainalil
10-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Chris, get on your brothers computer and send me simple mail and lets' game =O

mango
10-26-2006, 02:19 PM
but havent some people been able to get on using those sets? the only thing running on my geforce is the drivers, no firewall etc. now i may be wrong, i dont have time at the moment to sift through the pages, but i could sworn one or two people have been able to get on with simular setups, and of course, the rest of us, who seem to be in limbo

gynko06
10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
My budy is using a Nforce network driver...but not sure what his mobo is Nforce someting....

Reivaxcire
Well I senda message to the Technical Support "people" this is what they said:

The Game and Authentication servers are online for PS2 and PC. Users can now log in and play normally.

Users who have not yet created a Game ID or Purchased a Subscription through our PlaySEGA.com website can do so now. The system is currently online, but users may still experience longer than normal load times. This is normal, please have patience during this time as we work to optimize performance within the PlaySEGA system.

Thanks everyone for their continued patience while we resolved these problems with our Authentication and Game Servers. If you are still experiencing issues with your login, let us know.

and I already tryed every single thing that diferent people has provided, nothing works, and I have a laptop and diferent video cards and Internet modems.

Hope some one can fix this!

Cirno
Ok, now all my theories are shot to hell.

It's gettin' bizzare now. So for giggles I go into Options and notice my Graphics setting is on Normal. I'm not getting the 051 at this point.

Being that as it may.. Normal is too low, so I put it up to high. Try to reconnect and it pops up with 051. Put it back to normal, times out.. high, 051. Normal, times out again.

I give up. -_- WTB some official word of some sort, even a "Fsckin' hang on we're lookin at it, christ."

Frogbot
10-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Ok, now all my theories are shot to hell.

It's gettin' bizzare now. So for giggles I go into Options and notice my Graphics setting is on Normal. I'm not getting the 051 at this point.

Being that as it may.. Normal is too low, so I put it up to high. Try to reconnect and it pops up with 051. Put it back to normal, times out.. high, 051. Normal, times out again.

I give up. -_- WTB some official word of some sort, even a "Fsckin' hang on we're lookin at it, christ."

That's really weird. Have you tried messing with the custom graphics settings to see which setting it is that is causing it to change from error to timeout?

gynko06
10-26-2006, 02:31 PM
i tried differnt settings...and No go...this may not have nothing to do withnething tho but when i went to options i did click Create enviormental data. My other computer i did not do that. Was just wondering if neone else did and if that may be the cause which I highly doubt. Just a thought tho