PDA

View Full Version : Please insert correct dvd?

Icemaul
05-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Any word yet on what may be causeing this on the PC version? I went through the normal stuff, drivers cutting off virus protection the whole works. Any ideas or anything would be nice. I have heard the whole line about the game not being graphic intensive and I dont' care. I just want to play it for myself and see.

charmlessman
05-08-2008, 11:02 AM
You know what? Just return the game. It's not worth it. It's terrible. It's a betrayal it's so terrible.

lway45
05-08-2008, 12:19 PM
This blows. I can't even get into the game because of the Please insert correct dvd error.
Also sega has 0 support for the game. I want my money back also pay for the gas i used to go buy and return the game.

NEURO2008
05-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. This is ridiculous. I've been all over Google and have tried solutions other games have had, but no luck. This is my first game from Sega and will be my last if they don't patch this quickly.

System:
Vista Ultimate x64
4Gb RAM
ATI HD2600 PRO vid cards
Intel Core 2 Duo

Icemaul
05-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Well still no luck, I have even tried it on my other comp and no luck. Maybe it's a bad batch of disk? But why would it install of the dvd but not start from it unless it is something with the security or program based. Well still waiting and trying things, maybe we will figure it out.

lway45
05-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Lets get on the ball sega. Get a fix out for this problem. So I can be further disappointed by this poor excuse of a game.

Snoory
05-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Guys, guys ... I strongly recommend you to not to look at what is inside the PC version ... Save your nerves. ))) You know, "sh*t happens," and Iron Man PC version is exactly the case. Take it to the store and take your money back. I guarantee, you will hate the game within 3 or 5 minutes of playing it

Icemaul
05-09-2008, 01:57 PM
The main thing that is bothering me, why has no one from sega posted back? At least let me know that you are working on it, I have been polite and not bashing the game. So do I not deserve a response? Please, make it look like your trying to help some of these people. It will help your companies rep alot.

Thank You.

mbrayton
05-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I have the same problem.

All other games: FarCry, GOW, Crysis, Etc... run fine.
Have all latest drivers.

Vista 64
ASUS P5E3 PREMIUM/WIFI-AP @n LGA 775 DDR3 Intel X48
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB DDR3 1333
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
ATI 2900XT 1GB - CrossFire
SB Fatality

mbrayton
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Here is what I see in the Event Viewer.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 5/9/2008 5:35:22 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Desktop
Description:
Faulting application IronMan.exe, version 3.3.4112.1, time stamp 0x4808f4f2, faulting module IronMan.exe, version 3.3.4112.1, time stamp 0x4808f4f2, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000ad733, process id 0x13e0, application start time 0x01c8b21c8b592066.

mbrayton
05-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I also have the latest firmware update for both DVD drives. I was able to get a refund.

ShadowB92
05-11-2008, 12:38 AM
You know what? Just return the game. It's not worth it. It's terrible. It's a betrayal it's so terrible.
How is it terrible?

Leon123
05-11-2008, 06:07 AM
Lol, you ask how terrible it is? It's a :):):):):):):) ps2 port and it sucks!! Return it, if you can

Icemaul
05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Any word yet on what is causing this? I have all the updated firmware for my DVD player and all the updated drivers for my video and audio. So still hoping for a idea of what is causing this. Thank you.

lway45
05-11-2008, 04:06 PM
updating my firmware didn't help either. Sega has posted nothing.

NEURO2008
05-11-2008, 04:14 PM
I've got the same issue about the "Cannot locate the DVD-ROM", etc., on my Vista 64 system.

I finally sat down this weekend and all day today, trying different things, like cycling between the different compatibility modes, updating DVD firmware, tweaking the game's INI files, and Googling every damn thing I can think of to see if there any other solutions or anyone who's solved this. Nothing works.

Some people can play it fine and some can't. I'm wondering if it's x64 that's the issue. Maybe this game can't run on it. But it installed fine, which is a head scratcher. I've got Halo CE and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and they installed and run fine.

I'm still looking around and trying things. Today is the last day I'm screwing with this game. Tomorrow is the last day my local GameStop will take the game back for a full refund. I've already talking to them about this, so they're willing to refund it within the 7 days since I bought it.

If I discover anything that works, I'll post back to here.

NEURO2008
05-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanx from me too. I got it to work last night.

From all the reviews, I expected it to have disappointing graphics, and it does. It's wrong that all the promo shots they use for the PC adverstising aren't PC, but XBox or something else.

But at least it works now and the gameplay isn't too bad...just a nice, simple game when you're not in the mood for heavier games like R6V2. Would have been nice if they used the music from the movie, though.

Here's something interesting I've noticed on the web. As I've been surfing around, I've noticed 2 different box covers for this game. The typical PC one we've all seen, but also a Games for Windows version with the Iron Man half-helmet artwork. And clearly on the top portion of the box art is "Games For Windows".

Anyone know what's up with this? The GFW site doesn't list this game, but I'm wondering if there's a GFW one on the way that's ported from the XBox version.

valpacino
05-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry to put you down but that could be the Australia cover of the game

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ironman/similar.html?mode=versions&om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;versions

NEURO2008
05-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I know what I'm talking about. Here's one stunning example of the Iron Man, Games For Windows version advertised at Target.com

http://www.target.com/Iron-Man-PC-Windows/dp/B0011E08YC/qid=1210616812/ref=br_1_9/602-9631870-9592667?ie=UTF8&node=272077011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

This is the box art I've been seeing in various places around the Internet, which led to my question.

cochrane
05-15-2008, 02:58 PM
We can sympathize with your issues on this, but I must officially warn anyone from posting hacks to play this game with no disc. This is considered piracy by Sega Corporation, and anyone posting such hacks are subject to an immediate ban without warning.

Please keep your suggestions within legal boundaries.

Thank you.

mbrayton
05-16-2008, 11:02 AM
They paid for the game. It is sitting right here in front of them. IT DOES NOT WORK!!! If you did your job correctly the 1st time, you wouldn't have to worry about people making fixes would you. If somebody legally purchased the game and the only way they can get it to work is with a No CD fix, I don't see why they can't legally play it. They are basically doing YOUR job to get it to work. Just my opinion anyway. On top of that, why couldn't you port it from the 360 instead of the PS2? I returned the PC version and exchanged it for the PSP version. As soon as I started to play, the character wanted to keep pulling to the right. I tried it on 2 PSP's and had the same effect. Now I have to return that one as well. I can tell you right now I will NOT be purchasing the HULK game when it comes out.

Julian
05-16-2008, 11:18 AM
There's no rationalization that makes piracy a viable method for playing any PC game. Anyone even referencing this casually runs the risk of being removed on this forum. No warnings, no reminders, everyone on the forum should know better.

For customer service issues and concerns, please be sure you are contacting our team at http://help.sega.com/ .

cochrane
05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
They paid for the game. It is sitting right here in front of them. IT DOES NOT WORK!!! If you did your job correctly the 1st time, you wouldn't have to worry about people making fixes would you. If somebody legally purchased the game and the only way they can get it to work is with a No CD fix, I don't see why they can't legally play it. They are basically doing YOUR job to get it to work. Just my opinion anyway. On top of that, why couldn't you port it from the 360 instead of the PS2? I returned the PC version and exchanged it for the PSP version. As soon as I started to play, the character wanted to keep pulling to the right. I tried it on 2 PSP's and had the same effect. Now I have to return that one as well. I can tell you right now I will NOT be purchasing the HULK game when it comes out.
Our rules on piracy are quite clear. It is bad form to go on a company's own web site to post hacks for their games.

A user is not allowed to give links directly to pirated material or give links to sites containing pirated material. This includes but is not limited to Software (including game roms and images), music, any form of art, or anything else which is copyrighted.

A user may freely discuss piracy on the boards, however may not actively engage in it in any way. If a user displays a link to a website containing piracy that website's host will be notified of it and potentially your ISP will be notified.

http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtopic.php?t=4825

mbrayton
05-16-2008, 07:13 PM
I don't understand why you felt the need to write this warning to us anyway within this forum page. I checked both pages (only 2 pages at this point so far) of this "Please Insert Correct DVD?" part of the forum and nobody has mentioned anything about a hack. All they are doing is stating their opinions and concerns about the Iron Man game franchise. I wouldn't worry about anybody hacking the game here. We just wish it would have worked from the beginning. :?

Kubwulf
05-16-2008, 07:24 PM
The post in question was deleted in accodance with forum rules.

cochrane
05-17-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't understand why you felt the need to write this warning to us anyway within this forum page. I checked both pages (only 2 pages at this point so far) of this "Please Insert Correct DVD?" part of the forum and nobody has mentioned anything about a hack. All they are doing is stating their opinions and concerns about the Iron Man game franchise. I wouldn't worry about anybody hacking the game here. We just wish it would have worked from the beginning. :?There have been at least three such posts within this thread. They have been removed from view due to violation of the rules, and the posters were banned. Just because you don't see them, it doesn't mean they weren't here previously.

cochrane
05-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Locked. Please contact the Sega support team at http://help.sega.com/ for help with this issue.