PDA

View Full Version : Two versions of Iron Man (PC) ?

RecruiTTiger
05-10-2008, 03:08 AM
I think that Sega joked with this version of Iron Man.
My opinion is that Movement made port from the PS2, and Artificial Mind is creating version for PC Current Generation! I think that THIS version of Iron Man (A2M) will not be rentable for Sega, and they are creating 2 versions of this game. This is my opinion.

P.S Don't kick or punch me about my English I'm Russian. Or if my English is normal or good Please write about it too.

xido
05-10-2008, 04:33 AM
I just need to say...thanks dear SEGA and go to hell.....Activision played this joke years ago with Spiderman 2...now you too...i don't want to use nasty words,but you know what i should :twisted:
If Incredible Hulk will be like this :):):):) on PC...i will say nasty :twisted:

VKS01
05-10-2008, 04:59 AM
My opinion is that Movement made port from the PS2, and Artificial Mind is creating version for PC Current Generation! I think that THIS version of Iron Man (A2M) will not be rentable for Sega, and they are creating 2 versions of this game. This is my opinion.

P.S Don't kick or punch me about my English I'm Russian. Or if my English is normal or good Please write about it too.

Да нет,не будет другой версии!

RecruiTTiger
05-10-2008, 06:53 AM

Дурак прочти майскую игроманию на стр 65 и увидешь май 2008 на ПК ещё не вышла! Локализация есть ещё шанс!

RecruiTTiger
05-10-2008, 07:04 AM
I would like to say that Artificial mind will not break its reputation because of one game! And I read Russian Game Magazine that calls Igromania and on page 65 there is an advertising about Iron Man on PC May 2008, and screenshot were current-gen, I think that BMaG Igromaniia will not break its reputation too. One man on this forum sad that prepared 2 engines for this game A2M and CG, and I connect to his opinion, I think that sega will not follow the story about Activision and Spiderman 2, and It is their last chance not to break their reputation and make the game on 2 engine on A2M and CG. Think about it! It is not rentable!I don't think that Sega want their shares go down!
It is my opinion!

hayzai
05-10-2008, 08:15 AM
hopefully you are correct !!

Evolution1990
05-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Ok so there is a chance that the game has two versions for the PC becouse in the Europe Sites of Iron Man the PC game isn't released yet and on the bottom right of the EuropeIronMan game site there is the sign DVD-ROM Softwear while inth USA site there is DVD CD ROM and I think there is a diffarence!

VKS01
05-10-2008, 12:27 PM

Дурак прочти майскую игроманию на стр 65 и увидешь май 2008 на ПК ещё не вышла! Локализация есть ещё шанс!

Блин,ты видеш себя так кагбуто тебе 15 лет...Не будет её новой версии,радуйся таму что не отдал за игру деги как Америкосы :roll:
Конешно если выйдит - это хорашо!Ато я поиграл минут 10 и все нах снес.Лан,поживем - увидим.Хотя это все мало вероятно....

RecruiTTiger
05-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Ok sega... ...You dissapint me...
...I must say this... ...Go to hell....
....I didn't think that you're so foolish like Activision....
......I must say that I will not buy your games ever!!!
YOU LOST A BUYER!

RecruiTTiger
05-10-2008, 01:06 PM
ЛАН! ВСЁ! РУСИШЬ КОМБИШ МЕГА-ЗЛОСНИШЬ УЛЬТРАБИСИЖ НАСИШЬ РАЗДОЖАСИШЬ!!!карочь бля. бей сук!

Leon123
05-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Ok, i just bought the game from a website, where the screens were great and i guess you get the idea how i feel now. SEGA :):):):):):):)s, i hope all of your children will be blind and disfunctional. I think i said enough......

RecruiTTiger
05-10-2008, 01:11 PM
ok i think sega have clear conscience

Leon123
05-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I really hope they do and i would recommend them not to meet me, in that case, they wouldn't make any sh*tty game anymore. They have no idea how angry i am!!!!

VKS01
05-10-2008, 01:19 PM
ЛАН! ВСЁ! РУСИШЬ КОМБИШ МЕГА-ЗЛОСНИШЬ УЛЬТРАБИСИЖ НАСИШЬ РАЗДОЖАСИШЬ!!!карочь бля. бей сук!

Да пошли они на хуй!Не парься,пусть далбше ноют...Ток кончай на торрентсе ныть :wink:

VKS01
05-10-2008, 01:20 PM
I really hope they do and i would recommend them not to meet me, in that case, they wouldn't make any sh*tty game anymore. They have no idea how angry i am!!!!
I thinck that a litel schol boy do not scar them :wink:

Leon123
05-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Little school boy, haha, i'm 22, so don't say what is my age until you know it. But i don't care, if it will scare them, i only hope, that they know they made a big mistake.

VKS01
05-11-2008, 07:00 AM
Little school boy, haha, i'm 22, so don't say what is my age until you know it. But i don't care, if it will scare them, i only hope, that they know they made a big mistake.
They did not make a big mistake...It is obviosli that they just want to get $$$ like all of us...They get it 8) They do not return money for a copy :wink:

hayzai
05-11-2008, 09:03 AM
well, they may have got your money for now, but they will lose much more.

VKS01
05-11-2008, 01:27 PM
well, they may have got your money for now, but they will lose much more.
They did not got mine money,i do not buy games 8)

hayzai
05-11-2008, 11:45 PM
lol some do buy games

VKS01
05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
I cnow :D That's gud! :wink: 8)

NEURO2008
05-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Regarding the 2 versions of this game:

Here's something interesting I've noticed on the web. As I've been surfing around, I've noticed 2 different box covers for this game. The typical PC one we've all seen, but also a Games For Windows version with the Iron Man half-helmut artwork. And clearly on the top portion of the box art is "Games For Windows".

Here's 2 stunning examples of the Iron Man, Games For Windows version advertised at Target.com and BestBuy.com:

http://www.target.com/Iron-Man-PC-Windows/dp/B0011E08YC/qid=1210616812/ref=br_1_9/602-9631870-9592667?ie=UTF8&node=272077011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8848269&st=iron+man&lp=7&type=product&cp=1&id=1208562607988

This is the box art I've been seeing in various places around the Internet, which led to my question.

Anyone know what's up with this? The GFW site doesn't list this game, but I'm wondering if there's a GFW one on the way that's ported from the XBox version.

valpacino
05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Is anyone going to buy it?

Mr.Deviance
05-12-2008, 11:40 PM
VKS01 you are probably working for them mr. mother russia piece of dirt!

Evolution1990
05-13-2008, 06:02 AM
People there is a pretty big chance that The Xbox Port will be released! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8848269&type=product&tab=2&id=1208562607988#productdetail Everything is here people ! First look at the game box and after that go down and look at the system requirements!

Minimum PC System Requirements
PC Processor Speed2.8GHzPC Operating SystemWindows 2000, Windows XP, Windows VistaPC System Memory1GB RAMPC Hard Drive Space6GBPC Video256MB DirectX 9.0c-compatible video card

Here are the :):):):):):) A2M Ps2 port Sys. Requirements:
2.8 GHz processor
1 GB of system RAM
Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista
256 MB DirectX 9.0c video card
3 GB of hard disc space
DirectX 9.0c

Evolution1990
05-13-2008, 06:07 AM
People there is a pretty big chance that The Xbox Port will be released! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8848269&type=product&tab=2&id=1208562607988#productdetail Everything is here people ! First look at the game box and after that go down and look at the system requirements!

Minimum PC System Requirements
PC Processor Speed2.8GHzPC Operating SystemWindows 2000, Windows XP, Windows VistaPC System Memory1GB RAMPC Hard Drive Space6GBPC Video256MB DirectX 9.0c-compatible video card

Here are the :):):):):):) A2M Ps2 port Sys. Requirements:
2.8 GHz processor
1 GB of system RAM
Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista
256 MB DirectX 9.0c video card
3 GB of hard disc space
DirectX 9.0c

Evolution1990
05-13-2008, 06:08 AM
http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3167418 This is a site with Games for Windows Titels and look at the Iron Man page :P Its not released yet...strange huh ? :P

hayzai
05-13-2008, 06:12 AM
NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. THIS IS STARTING TO SPARK MY HOPE AND IF IT DISAPPOINTS ME AGAIN IM GONNA FRIGGIN F*&K his a$$. What interests me the most is WHEN it'll be out.

hayzai
05-13-2008, 06:17 AM
by the way sometimes "games for windows" are ported from 360. for example Gears of War or Assassin's Creed =P

RecruiTTiger
05-13-2008, 06:52 AM
I sad this many posts ago but I hadn't arguements on this version! I sad THIS FIRST! I SAD IT'S NOT TRUE! HA! BUGAGAGA!

hayzai
05-13-2008, 07:19 AM
hopefully it's true.

vZv
05-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I hope it's true becose this one is really disapointing...

Evolution1990
05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best...but I visited Games for Windows site and there was no future Iron Man release....nothin :(
I guess A2M ShitFaces are the only PC developers for Iron Man :(

vZv
05-13-2008, 12:39 PM
MARVEL did a mistace that they take rights avay from Activision to SEGA for making game...

VKS01
05-15-2008, 07:37 AM
VKS01 you are probably working for them mr. mother russia piece of dirt!
Piece of dirt are you,youre contry and youre president (He's nor a dirt,but he's reali fani) :twisted:

P.S.
Be realistic all of you!There wil not be ani version for PC,only this one.Remember Spider-Man 2?

vZv
05-15-2008, 07:42 AM
2 VKS01
Да, товарищ, увы ты прав, а так хотелось нормальную гаму как вышло на ШайтанКоробке и Плойке3...
2 Evolution1990
What the point those might be wrong and there writed that it was already released May 5 2008... :?

VKS01
05-18-2008, 08:57 AM
2 VKS01
Да, товарищ, увы ты прав, а так хотелось нормальную гаму как вышло на ШайтанКоробке и Плойке3...
2 Evolution1990
What the point those might be wrong and there writed that it was already released May 5 2008... :?
Как не крути,но жалко что это правда...Хотя отдельные лица пишут про версию№2...Но сылки на неё не дают.Я рад что не покупаю игры :roll: Ато был бы очень зол :twisted:

artemzz
05-18-2008, 09:03 PM
There is a different cover for the games and one of them requires 6gb of disk space. The requirements for the PC are different as well. So maybe they made 2 versions.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8848269&type=product&tab=2&id=1208562607988#productdetail

Volodia
05-19-2008, 01:58 AM
The fisrt game was released at the 5 may 2008, and steam said 16 may. The first required 2 gb and steam said 6gb. Don't want to buy the game again, but maybe the second is better and totaly different. But why there is no screenshots on steam.

hayzai
05-19-2008, 02:55 AM
i saw screenshots on steam and they're the nice graphics. seriously it's confusing.

Jax
05-19-2008, 03:36 AM
So there really are 2 versions? Maybe SEGA made this 2nd PC version themselves...?

artemzz
05-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Microsoft definitely ported the 360 version to PC because of all the computer stuff they make. Why wouldn't they port it to PC?

I hope this game is definitely better.

Jax
05-19-2008, 04:54 AM
Microsoft definitely ported the 360 version to PC because of all the computer stuff they make. Why wouldn't they port it to PC?

I hope this game is definitely better.

I don't think Microsoft can do that without Marvel and SEGA's permission.

artemzz
05-19-2008, 04:55 AM
They probably had permission. Of course they can't do it without.

Jax
05-19-2008, 04:58 AM
They probably had permission. Of course they can't do it without.

I guess they may have, but they probably won't say it and just let everyone think that SEGA fixed it (If SEGA isn't the one doing it).

Brazilman
05-19-2008, 09:47 PM
There is a different cover for the games and one of them requires 6gb of disk space. The requirements for the PC are different as well. So maybe they made 2 versions.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8848269&type=product&tab=2&id=1208562607988#productdetail

It mistake! :?

artemzz
05-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah I figured. W/E.

dwmdesigner
05-21-2008, 12:47 AM
If there are two Different PC Games then does anyone know the Difference between the Two?

It mistake! :?

budski107
05-21-2008, 05:18 AM
about all this two PC versions of Ironman...

I bought the direct 2 drive version before i realized it was based on PS2 style graphics. After seeing it available on the steam service last night quoting different specs and more than 2 times the space requirement (on steam it says approx. 6GB)

I was slightly hopeful that this might very well be the proper version of ironman we've all seen screenshots and trailors for.

Being a really big ironman fan i decided it was worth the risk and went ahead and bought downloaded and installed the version on offer on steam.

I'm sad to report that it is identitical in all respects to the direct 2 drive version. When i fired up the steam version it even recognized my saved games from my D2D download of the game.

All I can say about the higher system requirements currently (wednesday May 21) posted on steam is they are simply wrong.

So there you have it, that was 30 bucks down the drain for me (twice no less) :evil:

There aren't in my opinion two PC versions of the game but it was a tempting prospect while watching a walkthrough of the 360 version on youtube.

PS: I'd be happy to post screen shots if someone could tell me how to take them in game

Ankan
05-21-2008, 08:08 AM
to bad you didn't look at the developer it says am2 the 360 and ps3 version was made by secrete level i posted that in another thread so the steam version is nothing to hope for hope sega realizes their mistake and asks secrete level to port their version to the pc

Max@SEGA
05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi guys,

I just wanted to clear something up for you, since there seems to be a lot of confusion about the PC version for this game.

1. There is only one version! If you've seen any alternate pack fronts, they were not approved by SEGA!
2. It has come to our attention that some websites are using Xbox 360 screenshots and labeling them as PC screenshots. We're currently working with those websites to resolve this and you'll note that the proper screenshots will be posted very shortly.
3. There was never any effort by SEGA to publish alternate system specs or mislead you in any way. As you may know, Steam's technology is slightly different than traditional installs. I did not see the alternate specs you mentioned, but it is possible this might be why you saw specs that seemed to conflict.

If you have any further questions about this I'm happy to address them.

Thanks,
Max at SEGA

infinity monkey
05-21-2008, 03:16 PM
What was the real reason Sega chose to port the PS2 version to PC rather than use the XBOX360/PS3 version?

If this really was to allow older very old PC's to use it, and Sega are proud of quality and customer satisfaction, why is there no option to increase other graphical settings such as render distance, texture level etc for average or better machines, thus providing the realism experience and quality we have come to expect for those of us with capable machines, and that Sega have afforded to the next gen machines?

Finally why are there only two very similar "setups" for controllers or keyboard settings, effectively preventing many common gamepads from being configured and working correctly, i.e. we can't change the controls for head movement?

EDIT: I've just noticed the last point may be fixed in the 1.1 patch (not tested).

Hi guys,

I just wanted to clear something up for you, since there seems to be a lot of confusion about the PC version for this game.
If you have any further questions about this I'm happy to address them.

Thanks,
Max at SEGA

Max@SEGA
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Infinity Monkey,

I'm honestly not sure about the first half of that question (I do support, not development), but I can address the second.

The patch also increases the number of gamepads supported.

I've edited my announcement to add complete patch notes.
HERE: http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtopic.php?t=88783

-Max

infinity monkey
05-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Max,

Thanks for answering the second part.

I think I speak for a large number of Iron Man PC version preorder buyers in asking the first part. Could you please pass this question up to the development manager in charge of overseeing A2M QA assuming A2M made the decision for the PS2 to PC version, or the person who made the decision at Sega?

It especially concerns me that Sega only seeked to rectify the wrong screenshots attributed to the PC version after the last release date, and after the reviews came in, despite numerous hype preview articles. If Sega really had good intentions at heart, then this behaviour needs some explanation - trying to fix this now is like trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted. I'd like to think this is just poor management, as the only other option I can see is that it was deliberate.

Infinity Monkey,

I'm honestly not sure about the first half of that question (I do support, not development), but I can address the second.

The patch also increases the number of gamepads supported.

I've edited my announcement to add complete patch notes.
HERE: http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtopic.php?t=88783

-Max

Max@SEGA
05-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks Infinity Monkey,

Again, I'm not involved directly in those decisions but I've passed on your feedback. I know for a fact that it's taken seriously, so while as you say this horse has already bolted, we can absolutely be more careful about what screenshots are used (and how they are labeled) at IGN, 1Up, Steam, D2D etc. in the future.

On the positive side, if you look at Sega's own Iron Man page (http://www.sega.com/games/?g=34), you'll see that we've clearly labeled the screenshots there by platform, and we have from the very beginning.

-Max

Verchan
05-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Hm I checked the site you mentioned, but I get the same screenshots no matter what platform I select. And these shots are from the PC version.

infinity monkey
05-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I have to agree - the only two shots that I can view are from the PC, but they do seem a bit different to my GF 7600 @1440x900 (more motion blur/gloss), but I put this down to old hardware.

Max:
When can we expect a response for the first question I asked?

Hm I checked the site you mentioned, but I get the same screenshots no matter what platform I select. And these shots are from the PC version.

Max@SEGA
05-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Touche... Looks like those new screens were added fairly recently. This is fixed now!

-Max

infinity monkey
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
So the screenshots have now been "fixed" - why would Sega alter them now? Can you also tell us when The Powers That Be (TPTB) at Sega will get back to us on the PC QA issue? Thanks.

P.S. I'll have to buy the Nintendo DS version - the graphics on the one now remaining screenshot look as good as the Playstation 2/PC, but they've always been like that :wink:

Touche... Looks like those new screens were added fairly recently. This is fixed now!

-Max

Jax
05-23-2008, 07:34 PM
P.S. I'll have to buy the Nintendo DS version - the graphics on the one now remaining screenshot look as good as the Playstation 2/PC, but they've always been like that :wink:

Please don't. The demo I played on the Nintendo Channel kinda sucked. Though flying around in afterburner is cool.

Starship
05-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi...just registered to voice my disappointment with Iron Man PC.

Regarding the system specs, I see some discussion of hd space requirements here. Unfortunately I have the retail box in front of me, and the listed system requirement is 6 gigs of space. The install itself was ~3 (stated in the readme file which is not accessable until you've opened the game and rendered it non-returnable). :x

Ankan
05-26-2008, 01:54 AM
well the system needs some space to be able to function all games say that they need about 4 gigs more than the games take

Starship
05-26-2008, 06:16 PM
um, no...you're talking swap files not actual install size

fact is, printing inaccurate info like that on the box is misleading to say the least

mayford
05-27-2008, 06:00 AM
I can not believe that this game was even released. At least most of you posting can even get into your game. I know they say that this problem is being addressed but I have no way to even play the game. Don't even know if I will ever get to play the game. I have an SATA DVD-ROM/DVD Burner and the game gives me the put in the correct disk. Now Sega has addressed it with a patch that doesn't exist yet or something. At least release the beta so we can play the game. I spend $30 on a retail game and when I get home I can't play it. I am very used to getting shafted on graphics as I am also a certain football game player from another comapany. So, tell me why I shouldn't get a rebate of my money? Well in my state when you open the package of software you can only exchange it for the same title. I am not happy and I want my money back but the only one who can do this is SEGA. I hope you guys at SEGA have chosen to include updated graphics for the Incredible Hulk Game. If you haven't and after this incident you will have lost a platform. Not that any gaming software company really cares about the pc anyway. It seems like just extra work for them and they couldn't care less.
Please max let me know where and when SEGA will be handing out rebates for the full $30 that I paid for a game that should work on a machine that meets the recommended reqs. but won't play because a company failed to test it on an SATA drive. Installs fine just won't play after that.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/mayford/IRONMANSPECS2.jpg
so then there is that little problem with the size it should take up on your hard drive. If I had known that it only would take up 2.5Gb then I would have guessed it wouldn't have current graphics. Look at it this way if we had seen smaller specs than what we are used to in todays games such as Assassin's Creed and Gears of war we would have known something was up. Please tell me why you mis-led us to believe this game was something it is not. You can not tell me that SEGA put it's name on something they did not test or let something sell at Wal~mart they didn't see or approve the back and front of. This is horrible and very sneaky. I want to know what really happened to the game. I want to know why the game package would say 6Gb and it doesn't even take up half that. Why fool us into buying a game. I know SEGA is a long term not a short term company. Why would you deceive so many people just to make money when you knew that the HULK game would come out soon?
I want an answer and not from a site admin that is a Customer Service Rep. I want answers directly from higher ups that have the ability to refund my money. This is horrible to think that you have zero press on the pc version other than a PC-DVD label on the commercials and trailers which looked incredible and with out any disclaimer to say these are screen shots of the xbox360 or PS3 ver. I want some answers and I deserve some for spending of my hard earned money on a game that wasn't tested on todays architecture. If it had been tested on SATA drives they would have noticed something was up. You can't tell me that a game developer has older pc's than I do. I am fed up with this. This movement of game companies away from the pc is an attack on those of us who keep up with our pc. They are trying to tell us that the pc can't handle but in reality our pc's can handle so much more. :x

Flymaster
05-28-2008, 06:02 PM
See this post:

http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtopic.php?t=88969

Starship
05-28-2008, 08:21 PM
See my reply...maybe you'll learn something.

Starship
05-28-2008, 08:23 PM
In fact, I'll paste it here to make things easy:

We are not complaining because the game isn't directx 10 quality. It isn't even dx 9 quality. The system specs given on the box give the impression that the game should be graphically on par with (or better than) 360/ps3 versions. The specs are comparable to Gears of War and UT 3, both of which look and run better on a compatible PC. The game play itself is a major disappointment...over-simplified and watered down. Its like Activision's Spiderman 2 for pc all over again.

And lets get something straight: "newgen" or "nextgen" consoles (360/ps3) ARE NOT directx 10 compatible. I've seen this claim on so many forums its just become annoying. :roll:

mayford
05-28-2008, 09:23 PM
See this post:

Ok call me a winer I don't care. This is what I know, you are telling me to quote you "Why don't you stfu and play the game?????" I am telling you I paid $30 for a game that doesn't even work. When it comes to it isn't as expensive as modern games but maybe you would expect to get to play it when you buy the game. Stop being a jerk when these are real complaints. The site mods said if you have anymore troubles let them know. Well I wanted my turn to let them know. Go blow it out your stacks buddy!!!

Flymaster
05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
See this post:

Ok call me a winer I don't care. This is what I know, you are telling me to quote you "Why don't you stfu and play the game?????" I am telling you I paid $30 for a game that doesn't even work. When it comes to it isn't as expensive as modern games but maybe you would expect to get to play it when you buy the game. Stop being a jerk when these are real complaints. The site mods said if you have anymore troubles let them know. Well I wanted my turn to let them know. Go blow it out your stacks buddy!!!

You've been doing alot more then "letting them know".

"I've seen this claim on so many forums its just become annoying." Quoted from Starship.

The game play is fantastic and it is dx9 quality. I've heard so many complain about the graphics that they all sound like spoiled brats to me and has become very annoying.

infinity monkey
05-29-2008, 01:48 PM
MAX@SEGA

Well it's now over a week since I asked for feedback behind the design decision to use the PS2 version on the PC.

Thank you for your support on here given you need to tow company line. It's a shame that the people who make decisions in your company frankly don't have the balls to justify the decisions they've made in a short statement and just helps to reinforce the theory that it's all about the money.

Evidence:
1) Screenshots on the Sega site were apparently for each platform, but then changed at least twice when we're pointed to it from a link on this thread, and still does not work. (Also I'm pretty sure the Nintendo DS does not look like the PS2 version).
2) Sega doesn't seek to rectify screenshots on external sites attributed to PC that are PS3/XBOX360 until after the hype and reviews, and finally complaints.
3) Game faults and lack of quality (specifically controls and graphics, although gameplay is also an issue, not exactly a quality Sega release).
4) Even after an additional week of announcements of appeasement, there is still no Ironman patch.

Sega should have just done a Rockstar and released a PC version a year later when it is (mostly) perfect, instead of cashing in on hype. Sega released late with Outrun 2(006) - I loved it, even though Sega didn't effectively advertise its release. Regrettably Ironman will be the last Sega game I own, there are plenty of other games to buy from companies that care about their fan base.

While its not exactly a shocker a company goes after money, this was blatant disregard for QA or customer satisfaction.
If money is what Sega cares about, Sega won't get any more of mine, or hopefully readers of my blog.

Yours,

Infinity Monkey

Starship
05-29-2008, 02:41 PM
See this post:

"I've seen this claim on so many forums its just become annoying." Quoted from Starship.

The game play is fantastic and it is dx9 quality. I've heard so many complain about the graphics that they all sound like spoiled brats to me and has become very annoying.

See my reply in the other thread.

And just to keep things clear for people not reading up-thread, the quote from me refers to the claim from many a fan-boy that the "next-gen" consoles use dx 10...they do not!

mayford
05-29-2008, 04:25 PM
See this post:

Ok again my biggest complaint is not the graphics as I have yet to see any. My major complaint I am trying to voice is the fact I bought a game that my system more than meets the recommended reqs for and yet they failed to test it on todays architecture. Do I have to say it slower for you. I haven't seen the real graphics I can only go by what I have read and what I read everywhere is the graphics suck compared to the games of today. Spoiled rotten, I am not spoiled rotten by any means. You don't know how I grew up. You also do not know how much money I make as an adult, so for you to comment on me being a spoiled brat is moronic. Again as I said in another post about Jax I think you have been drinking too much SEGA coolaid. I never attacked you until you took shots at me. So get your insults out of my space and leave it be. You are lucky, you played a game that you payed for. I however, have not had that privelidge. SEGA dropped the ball and they have admitted it. I just want to know why. That is all, nothing more. The graphics aside you can't tell me that a good developement company wouldn't have thought about testing on SATA dvd drives. That is rediculouse to think they never even thought about SATA drives when companies for the majority are not shipping ide drives anymore they are shipping SATA dvd drives. That is where my complaint is not with the graphics for I have ( yet again) not seen them on my computer. Nor have I played the game. So again go blow it out your stacks buddy. Ok and the last thing I want to say is I will never download a crack for this or any game. No matter what this circumstance is so to those who think about that trust your own judgement and don't do it. Cracks offer nothing but spyware and viruses in general. It is also illegal. So pleas SEGA get done with that patch soon so I can at least say I saw the crappy graphics. Thank you
Andrew

mayford
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
well here goes a try. Thank you max for the info

Max@SEGA
05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Mayford,

Have you tried the 1.1 patch yet?

It's up at help.sega.com

With regards to criticism, we encourage honest feedback. Seriously, we want you to feel free to post your opinions.

That being said, it pains me to see such bickering!

-Max

mayford
05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Mayford,

It's up at help.sega.com

With regards to criticism, we encourage honest feedback. Seriously, we want you to feel free to post your opinions.

-Max

Yes thank you Max. I do have to agree while the graphics aren't the best and not what they could be I am having some fun blowing things up. I do appreciate the no blood thing also. I have little kids and do not normally play games with a lot of violence in them but not having the gore of say quake games or other such where the blood can be excessive is a plus in my book. I still wonder why they didn't port a 360 version over though
Thank you
Andrew

CapedCrusader
05-30-2008, 11:15 PM
It's not just the graphics, it's the game itself. I played the PS3 version before I bought the PC version, and there are basic differences in the game-play. They are most definitely two very different games.

mayford
05-30-2008, 11:32 PM
It's not just the graphics, it's the game itself. I played the PS3 version before I bought the PC version, and there are basic differences in the game-play. They are most definitely two very different games.
Well originally people thought there were two versions for just the pc. They thought that the company that developed the PS3 and 360 versions made one with updated graphics and that A2M made a different pc version that we see and have now. This is not the case. That is what is meant by the two different versions. However the PS3 and 360 versions are much different than the pc because different companies developed them.

infinity monkey
06-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Max@SEGA

I think one of the Sega website developers (are they A2M too...?) is pulling your line mate, or based on Mayford's excellent response to Jax, the Sega koolaid is making you feed us a line. No 1.1 patch* is available (as of 1st June) on the help.sega.com nor do the screenshots on http://www.sega.com/games/?g=34 show the correct PC/DS etc versions.

* Searched for Iron Man, Ironman and looked in Downloads catergory directly.

Right I'm grabbing my coat.

Infinity Monkey

Mayford,

It's up at help.sega.com

-Max

mayford
06-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Max@SEGA

I think one of the Sega website developers (are they A2M too...?) is pulling your line mate, or based on Mayford's excellent response to Jax, the Sega koolaid is making you feed us a line. No 1.1 patch* is available (as of 1st June) on the help.sega.com nor do the screenshots on http://www.sega.com/games/?g=34 show the correct PC/DS etc versions.

* Searched for Iron Man, Ironman and looked in Downloads catergory directly.

Right I'm grabbing my coat.

Infinity Monkey

Mayford,

It's up at help.sega.com

-Max

you are right it is not available on the help.sega.com you have to go to support and then click the downloads button on the top of the web page. It is actually their. I have played the game now. It is still kind of a disappointment though. Graphics aren't up to snuff. It may need dx9 but I don't believe it uses anything more than shader model 1.0 or 1.1.... Ok now it is gone. I was going to post the actual url but they are all gone. There are now zero patches on the downloads page. This is nuts. Hey monkey if you want pm me your email and I will email the file. It is 128Mb or so though. I won't have a problem sending it but if you have a slow connection or a limit on email space let me know.

mayford
06-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Never mind I found it here
http://help.sega.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=1&pcid=0&nav=0

Vamps
06-09-2008, 09:39 AM
HI,

I know im not in the right place to post this but in the incredible hulk forums I can't find my answer.

Max@SEGA do you know if the pc version of the incredible hulk will be a ps2 port like Iron Man? plz replay

Thx alot

LonelyWolf1
06-10-2008, 05:52 AM
O.K. does any body have an idea how to play the xbox version on PC legal or not i dont care any more, dont know emulation or something damn i need to play that game, by the great worm spirit of justice help me please

mayford
06-16-2008, 10:49 AM
O.K. does any body have an idea how to play the xbox version on PC legal or not i dont care any more, dont know emulation or something damn i need to play that game, by the great worm spirit of justice help me please

unless things have changed you can not play xbox version on pc at all. Not a legal thing a hardware thing.

NEURO2008
06-18-2008, 04:41 AM
LOL...we can't even play the PC version on a PC.

mayford
06-23-2008, 12:12 PM
LOL...we can't even play the PC version on a PC.

good point :O :?

Frank-a-Tank21
02-07-2009, 05:52 AM
I have Windows Vista. Dell XPS I think. Installed iron man game, tried to launch game, didn't work, downloaded 1.1 patch, didn't work.

Every time I try to launch the game it says I do not have the correct disk.

I know I have the right disk because it is a PC/DVD disk, so box comes with only 1 disk, Install and Play.

I have decent and new computer, graphics above average and everything else, so compatibility doesn't have anything to do with it.

Installation went good but launch failed. Really could use help, if you people could get it working I'm sure I can.