jamesthebond3
05-10-2008, 05:17 PM
HOW ON EARTH DO YOU BEAT THAT LVL

dubucman
05-11-2008, 03:00 PM
PLS, IF YOU FIND OUT THA,T LET ME KNOW, I AM STUCK THERE TOO

Iron Monger
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
you have to protect the main big building.

vulk1500
05-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah I can't seem to beat it either, how do you actually defend the building? I just keep fragging the tanks, troops, robots, etc but they just keep coming and I run out of time. Is there some certain body count or time limit that has to be achieved before the rescue is complete? (Don't care what some of these knuckleheads say, I think it's been a pretty good game!)

Kubwulf
05-12-2008, 11:02 PM
As counter-intuitive as this may seem, use the gattling gun or the electro-bullets for the small guys (the non-suits) and melee the tanks and the iron-monger rip-offs. I tried doing it with the other weapons and it just wasn't cutting it. Also, go back and do other missions over and over in order to level your weapons to max before doing this so that your repulsors can take out the mongers in about 3-4 hits. I'd still melee the suckers cause its faster.

The other option for the tanks is to use the Unibeam. I don't like this option because:

1) Takes time to charge and you sacrifice armor. If the little stuff ain't dead, it can kill you.

2) It keeps you stationary and requires more recovery time. Thats time you aren't killing other things.

vulk1500
05-13-2008, 08:32 AM
:shock: Kubwulf: It DOES sound counter-intuitive but I'll keep that in mind since evidently you must have beaten the level. I got frustrated and started a new game on the "normal" level but let me ask you about those upgrades... I thought I understood that they occurred as you use them and if there is some other way to upgrade I haven't figured it out yet.

Kubwulf
05-13-2008, 09:28 AM
You are correct. They upgrade as you use them. However, there is nothing stopping you from replaying other levels and using the weapons there in order to gain experience in that weapon. I went through and played each level over and over until I found all the weapons crates. Most levels have anywhere from 3-8 stark weapon crates. Playing through over and over you can find them all. It also gives you a chance to use the weapons.

Example of what I did... I'd start the mission "Fighting Back" I'd use reuplsors until the bar was maxxed out, meaning I had gained all the XP I would gain from that weapon for that run. Then I'd switch to guns. If I ran into a tank, I'd use repulsor and or rockets, and finish it off with the gattling in order to get more weapon XP for the gat. In this manner, I'd run a mission 2-3 times and get an upgrade in each of the three weapons I was using every time. Thats 2-3 weapon upgrades by running the same mission over and over.

Once you save the building, you have to shoot down the missiles. My reuplsors were able to do so in one shot. My unibeam was one-shotting the large tanks that were bombarding the building. I also used the drop and punch manuever to weaken the mongers if I was airborne at the time.

Incidentlly, the missions after that get a bit more interesting...

vulk1500
05-13-2008, 12:13 PM
:o OK kubwulf, you must have played the hell out of this game since it came out the other week! Many thanks for the info! Your last comment intrigues me though...Are you saying that there are more levels beyond "Save Pepper"? If so, that's great, because I was thinking that this game was way too short if I'd already made it to the last level!

Kubwulf
05-13-2008, 12:24 PM
There are indeed more levels beyond saving Pepper. And truth to tell, I've only owned the game for 3 days. I bought it Saturday on a whim. I just happen to like getting everything in a level. Once the weapons start getting upgraded you can go through the early levels in a matter of a few minutes.

*****SPOILER WARNING********

After saving Pepper the cutscenes show more of Stane making back door deals. I haven't gotten to it yet, but since other video games have followed a similiar formula, I'm willing to be that the game is gearing up to a climax from the movie. I'm fully expecting to see Iron Monger soon.

ShadowB92
05-16-2008, 12:25 AM
You are correct. They upgrade as you use them. However, there is nothing stopping you from replaying other levels and using the weapons there in order to gain experience in that weapon. I went through and played each level over and over until I found all the weapons crates. Most levels have anywhere from 3-8 stark weapon crates. Playing through over and over you can find them all. It also gives you a chance to use the weapons.

Example of what I did... I'd start the mission "Fighting Back" I'd use reuplsors until the bar was maxxed out, meaning I had gained all the XP I would gain from that weapon for that run. Then I'd switch to guns. If I ran into a tank, I'd use repulsor and or rockets, and finish it off with the gattling in order to get more weapon XP for the gat. In this manner, I'd run a mission 2-3 times and get an upgrade in each of the three weapons I was using every time. Thats 2-3 weapon upgrades by running the same mission over and over.

Once you save the building, you have to shoot down the missiles. My reuplsors were able to do so in one shot. My unibeam was one-shotting the large tanks that were bombarding the building. I also used the drop and punch manuever to weaken the mongers if I was airborne at the time.

Incidentlly, the missions after that get a bit more interesting...
Can you tell me where each weapon crate are in the old missions?

Kubwulf
05-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Honestly... No. I can't. A couple of reasons. I'm at work and so can't play the game.

2) As I found them, I destroyed them. I didn't mark where I found them, just that I destroyed 'em.

3) If you take your time and look around, you shouldn't have a problem. The one missions I had the most trouble with was the "Follow the Convoy" mission. I had to run that like 5-6 times to find all the crates. The blowing sand the distance you have to maintain with the truck, plus the guys shooting you in the camps... Made it a bit tough.

I wish you luck though. But without going through the missions on a new game, I can't tell you exactly where to look.

Flymaster
05-17-2008, 07:06 AM
(Don't care what some of these knuckleheads say, I think it's been a pretty good game!)

Agree 100%!!!!!

tonystark95
05-18-2008, 11:24 AM
once when I played this lvl, I went over and stayed near the big building, and powered up my weapons get the unibeam, and I could attack the tunnels that the tanks came out of, but I tried it again and it didn't work, has anyone else been able to do this and if so, am I doing something wrong?:?

Kubwulf
05-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Watch your radar. You may be getting one or two tunnels but its possible they are "Back dooring you" in the sense that you are watching choke points 1 and 2 and choke point 3 is having free shots at the building you're trying to protect.

Jastourle
05-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Honestly... No. I can't. A couple of reasons. I'm at work and so can't play the game.

2) As I found them, I destroyed them. I didn't mark where I found them, just that I destroyed 'em.

3) If you take your time and look around, you shouldn't have a problem. The one missions I had the most trouble with was the "Follow the Convoy" mission. I had to run that like 5-6 times to find all the crates. The blowing sand the distance you have to maintain with the truck, plus the guys shooting you in the camps... Made it a bit tough.

I wish you luck though. But without going through the missions on a new game, I can't tell you exactly where to look.

A little pointer for the "Follow the Convoy" level. Just follow the truck to the hole in the ground then, before you descend into the hole, you can back track through the entire level at your leisure, killing everything and finding all of the crates. Then, return to the hole and continue the mission.

vulk1500
05-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Blew off my daily workout routine this morning since I woke up too late and decided to have another crack at "Saving Pepper" in the time I had left before I needed to leave for work. Elated to say that I FINALLY beat this freakin' level!! :D That was INTENSE!!........Late for work, I was!!! :lol: Glad to see that there are indeed a few more levels since I've really been enjoying this game! Glad you like it too, Flymaster! Also, Many Thanks for your advice, Kubwulf...I see now how those upgrades work!

ShadowB92
05-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I've still haven't beaten the Save Pepper mission. Well, I guess I quit. There's no point on playing a video game you can't beat. And probably that's the point of this game too, though that clearly doesn't make sense. So I quit, unless I found a way to defeat it. I just have to find some other things to spend my time on instead wasting it on this game. Hopefully the new Hulk game will be better.

vulk1500
05-27-2008, 08:30 AM
8) Stop being such a panty-waste, ShadowB92...This is a great game.... I beat it yesterday on "normal" setting! There are 3 more levels beyond "Saving Pepper" that you just GOTTA see! Go back and replay all the levels, finding all Tony's clandestine weapons caches and use ALL your weapons in order to upgrade them, which is exactly what I did after hearing from Kubwulf. It all goes much better then and the missle attack that happens after the part I'll bet you're stuck on is not to be missed! So Cowboy-Up, get out there and SAVE PEPPER!!!!.......(We don't need no steenking Hulk game...... :wink: )

tonystark95
05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
hey you were right, thanks kubwulf :D :!: :!: :!:

Miafins39
05-28-2008, 08:49 PM
i love this game.. i think it couldve been alot better but its still a fun game. its also extremely hard.. i just beat the save pepper missin and it was difficult.. i didnt even worry about my side objectives i just focused on protecting the main building took out whatever helicopters got close used my flairs to throw of theyre missles and used the gatling repulser to take out the main missles. its def hard but its do-able.

ShadowB92
05-28-2008, 10:08 PM
I've finally beaten the Save Pepper mission. Though now I am stuck on the Island Meltdown mission. :?

tonystark95
05-29-2008, 07:20 PM
how long did it take you to kill all the enemies attacking the compound