PDA

View Full Version : Game Controller?

axlman
05-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Can a game controller be used with this game? I looked at the config setup and it looks like it can, but when I try to use my controller, it does not work with it.

valpacino
05-11-2008, 08:39 PM
It depends on the type of controller you have

axlman
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I have 3 types. Saitek P2500, Gravis Game Pro, & Saitek P3000

valpacino
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Did you try using all three?

axlman
05-11-2008, 11:31 PM
yes, none of them seem to work with the game. Get's kind of annoying have to sue the keyboard.

smokes
05-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I've got a Logitech Rumblepad 2, everything works EXCEPT the right thumbstick only recognizes left and right in the game for camera movement. I can't move the camera up and down. Windows control panel notices all of it fine. I've tried tweaking the options but nothing seems to help..... what a drag.

axlman
05-12-2008, 10:46 PM
I finally got my controller to work. I am also having the issue with not being able use the camera control with the right stick. I even tried setting the Camera Invert and that still did not work. Maybe they need to make a fix for the game?

smokes
05-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Got it working.... here's what you have to do (For a Logitech Rumblepad 2 at least)

In the Logitech profiler applet, create a new profile, and link it to the ironman executable.

Then on the "Right stick X-axis" and "Right Stick Y-Axis" go into the properties, and map them to "Mouse X-axis" and "Mouse Y-axis" accordingly.

This still won't take affect in game though... what you have to do is in the Logitech profiler, go under "Options" to "Global Profiler settings" and choose "Apply Persistant Profile" and choose the Iron Man profile you created. Then launch the game, and it works. Well, it worked for me at least. Make sure you have the latest version of the Profiler, I'm running version 5.02.116 which came out last month.

Then you can go and try to enjoy this crap game. Good luck, let me know if you have issues.