PDA

View Full Version : I think we have been shafted

rrsarge
05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Well, I just returned my *defective* PC version of this crappy game and was told by the redneck behind the counter at Wal Mart that I could only return the game for a replacement - no refund, no store credit, just another copy of this train wreck Sega calls a product.

Sure enough - this copy prompts for the correct DVD-ROM too. *sigh*

Now I'm going to become a pain Wal Mart's keester. I almost feel bad for them.

rrsarge
05-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, I just returned my *defective* PC version of this crappy game and was told by the redneck behind the counter at Wal Mart that I could only return the game for a replacement - no refund, no store credit, just another copy of this train wreck Sega calls a product.

UPDATE: I badgered the store manager and they let me pick out another game! Don't give up if you're trying to return it! (BTW- I got World In Conflict)

Kubwulf
05-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Meh. No problems here. I bought it, ran it, installed fine. No asking for a DVD here....

rrsarge
05-12-2008, 11:07 PM
You're in the minority. Do you like the game?

hayzai
05-13-2008, 05:53 AM
it's irrelevant whether the game runs fine

Kubwulf
05-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Actually, I do like the game. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of mouse control while in afterburner mode because I think it is a better method of control but otherwise... the added story, the deviation from the movie, and the maneuverability in every aspect other than afterburner mode is fantastic.

The only other thing I could complain about is the amount of stuff on the screen. Certain mission areas and cutscenes have so much going on that the whole game slows down. The boss from the volcano mission (after saving Pepper) is a good example. He throws large explosions that overlap and as a result, the play slows down. And I have a top of the line computer.

Jax
05-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Buy World at War if you don't like the game...

Flymaster
05-13-2008, 10:15 PM

See my post.. it may help :)

http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtopic.php?t=88441&sid=eb7daaa0e40a0ecd2e5880796923e3b3

Flymaster
05-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Actually, I do like the game. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of mouse control while in afterburner mode because I think it is a better method of control but otherwise... the added story, the deviation from the movie, and the maneuverability in every aspect other than afterburner mode is fantastic.

The only other thing I could complain about is the amount of stuff on the screen. Certain mission areas and cutscenes have so much going on that the whole game slows down. The boss from the volcano mission (after saving Pepper) is a good example. He throws large explosions that overlap and as a result, the play slows down. And I have a top of the line computer.

My computer has no issues with slowing down. :( Wish i could help.

Kubwulf
05-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Alas... There is no advanced options tab for me to mess with so the only way to help was to reduce the resolution.