PDA

View Full Version : "Please insert Correct CD-ROM" error - PATCH FIX

Max@SEGA
05-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi all,

For those of you who've been experiencing the error "Please Insert the correct CD-ROM," first let me say that we apologize for the inconvenience.

Secondly, though, there's good news! We've isolated the cause of the issue (it happens on certain SCSI drives) and a patch that addresses the problem is already in the late stages of testing.

When it is available, you will be able to find it in the DOWNLOADS section at help.sega.com. (full patch notes below)

If you're experiencing any other difficulties and you would like assistance from the support staff, simply submit a ticket at that same url - help.sega.com .

Thanks and Happy Gaming,
Max at SEGA

The Iron Man PC Patch 1.1 addresses the following issues:

1) SCSI DVD Drives Fixed a compatibility issue when running the game DVD on certain SCSI DVD drives..

2) Keyboard Configuration There are certain keys/buttons that do not properly clear the existing function when a new function is assigned, when configuring the keyboard and mouse controls. Left handed players in particular will want to apply the patch for this reason.

PLEASE NOTE:
If you already have a saved game, your keyboard configuration is saved with the save game. After applying the patch, in order to properly configure your controls, you will need to load your saved game first, and then configure the controls in the options menu. (If you configure your controls first and load a saved game afterwards, the old control settings that were saved with your game will be loaded.)

3) Gamepads Increased the number of PC gamepads that are supported.

4) Performance Increased performance and frame rate on certain missions.
5) The patch includes a number of smaller bug fixes.

Max@SEGA
05-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi all,

The 1.1 patch is out!

Please head over to help.sega.com to grab it!

-Max

tdm
06-04-2008, 06:17 PM
I have just purchased the game, made sure my drivers were updated, and installed the game. I too got the Please Insert Correct CD-ROM message when trying to play.

I then ran the patch.

Unfortunately I get a Windows Installer message stating
"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

I have all 2,732,728,365 bytes installed :(

I am running Vista.

NEURO2008
06-07-2008, 04:49 PM
The patch doesn't work for a lot of people, including me.
I've had this issue since the day the game came out and I'd like SEGA to get on top of this and fix the darn thing.

When launching Iron Man, before and after installing the patch, I get the same infamous error message: "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application". My DVD is in the drive.

I had a feeling this new patch wouldn't work when it said it was targeting SCSI drive issues.

My steps for installing the patch:

1) Before installing the patch, I completely uninstalled Iron Man (IM)

2) Disabled all security, AV, firewall s/w from startup

3) Rebooted system and verified complete uninstall of IM and disabling of security s/w.

4) Reinstalled IM from the DVD, rebooted

5) After reboot, downloaded, saved, and installed the IM patch successfully

6) Rebooted again

7) Launched game with DVD in drive, and was presented with the infamous error box asking for the correct DVD-ROM noted above.

So I tried something else:

1) Redid Steps 1-4 above

2) Instead of downloading and installing the patch, I selected Run from the patch download location on the Sega site. One of the users here used that method successfully.

3) After successfully installing the patch, rebooted

4) Launched game with DVD in drive, and was presented with the infamous error box asking for the correct DVD-ROM noted above.

So tried something different again:

1) Right-clicked IM icon on desktop and selected Properties.

2) Selected the Compatibility tab and set compatibility for Windows XP SP2

3) Rebooted

4) Launched game with DVD in drive, and was presented with the infamous error box asking for the correct DVD-ROM noted above.

NOTHING WORKED to get this game running. PLEASE fix this thing. If you need more info, let me know.

System:
This system was built about 1 year ago, with all new, modern, high-end hardware

O/S: Windows Vista Ultimate x64, SP1, Full Version, not an upgrade from XP (in case it matters)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4GB
DVD Drive: Samsung Serial ATA (SATA) DVD Writer, Model # SH-S183L
Video Cards: 2 VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro series, 512Mb memory on each
Security S/W: Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 (disabled during the procedures above)
ALL drivers, including DVD driver/firmware, on this computer are up to date and downloaded monthly from the device manufacturers directly.

I've had this issue since the day the game came out and I'd like SEGA to get on top of this and fix the darn thing. It's pathetic that a crack to get this game working came out days after the game did to solve this issue, yet a month later, SEGA can't fix their own game.

Either fix it or offer a refund to everyone having this issue.

Griff Gamer
06-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I have the same problem as tdm. Please fix this. If there is a patch of some kind out their for this very problem please post it. Help please!

steve0
06-10-2008, 01:08 AM
It's great !Thank you for share it !

Orlando_DJ
06-13-2008, 12:42 PM
got the same issue as tdk, patch says program isnt installed... SEGA PLEASE FIX THIS FAST!

first game i bought from sega for my pc... don't disappoint.

Yottabyte
06-14-2008, 02:15 AM
Max, this patch does not work. I have to say that I have never been a big fan of Sega, but I thought I would give you guys another shot with Iron Man. However, I spent good money and it does not work. I thought maybe it was just me, but I see that the problem I am having is shared by many. I would recommend that there be a fix for this problem fast. Otherwise, I will have to post this problem on the 14 other blogs I contribute to. Come on guys, I just want to play the game.

-Yottabyte-
:evil:

khurram
06-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi max@sega
i got iron man for playstation 3 and its a great game but i cant save it after the saving pepper stage,even i fi loose or win the whole thing turns black an dnothing happens and have to restarts the game,i have already changed the game and the new one is doing the same,my ps3 has 60 gb and alot of empty space-can yu let me know how to go around it,thanks

Falco-r
06-17-2008, 09:35 PM
just picked up this game, installed the " Please insert Correct CD-ROM " fix and it doesn't work, i am using an adaptec 2940 scsi card, with a Pioneer scsi dvd drive, and i still get the error message, puttind the dvd into an external USB dvd drive i have.. game works just fine..

is there going to be an actual fix for this ??

Guitloud
06-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey Max@SEGA... Once I actually used the U.S. patch for my U.S. product, the patch installed fine, but it didn't fix anything other than the fact that it now says that I need to "Please insert the correct IRON MAN DVD-ROM, select OK and restart the application" instead of the initial error that was less specific and referred to a CD-ROM.

And yes, I've got a ticket open "UWX-410557"...funny thing I've been tossed between U.S. and European support with different attempts before some brain trust proclaimed that there was a compatibility problem between my DVD drive and the game and that I needed to update my firmware. Well guess what, I've got 2 DVD drives in the machine and it doesn't work with either one and they both have updated firmware. The compatibility problem is with your copy protection, NOT the game. And I have all kinds of games installed on the machine that also use Disc based copy protection. NO ONE has even replied to my ticket since June 19.

Why don't you simply start providing the download version to people who are having the problem if they can otherwise prove in some fashion that they have a legitimately purchased copy of the game? I presume the download version doesn't look for a DVD. :shock: :roll:

Jsone
06-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Does this make the game not suck?

Guitloud
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
That was a really useful one-liner Jsone...

Hey Max! Still have heard nothing from support...and nothing here...the silence from SEGA is deafening. The other sound you hear is customers and potential customers walking away...

Bill Nye
10-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Any possibilities of getting this truly fixed?????

Bagdaddy
12-27-2008, 05:32 PM
:shock: MAX, or whomever knows......Whether you believe this game is good or not, I would still love the freedom to decide on my own. Unfortunately, I have been able to follow Max's instructions, even other users instructions, but to no avail. I still get the "insert" error noted by oh so many before me. I can assume that someone has figured this mess out by now.

Could someone be so kind as to share that information...Please? :?:

newhon63
12-29-2008, 09:54 PM
I am saddened by the fact that I came to this forum looking for a way to beat this Can't find the dvd, sorry try again thing. And finding so many people who have the same problem.

Still further is I downloaded the patch they have, it downloads with the name that looks like a 1.0 patch, yet it says that it is supposed to be 1.1

Wish I had a solution people, but all I have is bad news.

I have 3 systems at my house, my son plays the Iron man on WII, and my wife's system and my system with no problems at all. But when I bought him the system that I am presently on, a real nice Gateway DX Series system 64 bit with more memory than either my wife's or mine it gives the same error you are all describing.

I find it interesting that the very drive that I used to install the game, will not be recognized when I try to play it, and I have not even taken it out of the drive after the install and it won't use it.
I have to agree with the person here who is suggesting it is not anyone's equipment, it is the security measures taken by the company to keep illegal copies from being used.

I declare that I have a authentic store bought copy of Iron man that I paid for with my own hard earned credit.. Ummm... Can we start playing now please?

Eclipsed99
12-30-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm having the same problem that everyone else is, insert dvd. I've tried the patch that is on the help.sega site, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO RESULTS. This is aggravating, to spend my hard earned money, and the only thing on the help/support site is to download patch. So does anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this? Or should we ALL stay away from any PC game label SEGA?

dowe1460
02-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I just purchased the game and got the same message as everyone else. Tried patch and it too did not work. I think they are too busy with Iron Man 2 to worry if their first product worked or not. I would suggest that you think long and hard about how you spend your money because Sega isn't. Will never purchase from them again.