PDA

View Full Version : "Please Insert the correct CD-ROM" after patch ins

StickOnTattoos
05-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey all,

Anyone else still getting the "Please Insert the correct CD-ROM" after installing the patch?

Any suggestions?

Lunacara
05-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Assuming the fact that you may not have seen the announcement, I shall provide a link: http://boards2.sega.com/sega_board/viewtopic.php?t=88783

StickOnTattoos
05-30-2008, 04:28 AM
Let's try this again.

Anyone else still getting the "Please Insert the correct CD-ROM" after installing the patch?

mayford
05-30-2008, 10:43 AM
after installing the patch I can report I do not have any more problems loading the game and playing the game. Try the download again and instead of saving to disk click the open button when you download maybe that will work. Just a needle in a hay stack gues though.

Max@SEGA
05-30-2008, 11:39 AM
StickOnTattoos,

Is that the exact error message you're seeing? If so, that would indicate that the patch wasn't successfully installed, as the post-patched version should include the correct description of the disc as a DVD, not as a CD.

The most common reason for a patch failing is anti-virus software blocking write access to the files...

Thanks,
Max

StickOnTattoos
05-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Full error message: "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application"

Uninstalled game completely
Rebooted
Made sure that anti-virus software wasn't running and installed game
Rebooted
Made sure that the anti-virus software wasn't running and used the "run" option to download and installed patch
Same error

When the game starts up, I can hear the DVD drive being activated.
I can get into the DVD and start the game from the autorun launcher. Same problem. No scratches on the DVD.

Running Vista SP1. All updates installed.
DVD drive is a Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203S -- Windows says the driver is up to date.

NEURO2008
06-01-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm having the same issue as StickOnTattoos, reported on May 30, 2008, after installing the new patch.

I've had this issue since the day the game came out almost a month ago and I'd like SEGA to get on top of this and fix the darn thing.

When launching Iron Man, before and after installing the patch, I get the same infamous error message: "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application". My DVD is in the drive.

I had a feeling this new patch wouldn't work when it said it was targeting SCSI drive issues.

My steps for installing the patch:

1) Before installing the patch, I completely uninstalled Iron Man (IM)

2) Disabled all security, AV, firewall s/w from startup

3) Rebooted system and verified complete uninstall of IM and disabling of security s/w.

4) Reinstalled IM from the DVD, rebooted

5) After reboot, downloaded, saved, and installed the IM patch successfully

6) Rebooted again

7) Launched game with DVD in drive, and was presented with the infamous error box asking for the correct DVD-ROM noted above.

So I tried something else:

1) Redid Steps 1-4 above

2) Instead of downloading and installing the patch, I selected Run from the patch download location on the Sega site. One of the users here used that method successfully.

3) After successfully installing the patch, rebooted

4) Launched game with DVD in drive, and was presented with the infamous error box asking for the correct DVD-ROM noted above.

So tried something different again:

1) Right-clicked IM icon on desktop and selected Properties.

2) Selected the Compatibility tab and set compatibility for Windows XP SP2

3) Rebooted

4) Launched game with DVD in drive, and was presented with the infamous error box asking for the correct DVD-ROM noted above.

NOTHING WORKED to get this game running. PLEASE fix this thing. If you need more info, let me know.

System:
This system was built about 1 year ago, with all new, modern, high-end hardware

O/S: Windows Vista Ultimate x64, SP1, Full Version, not an upgrade from XP (in case it matters)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4GB
DVD Drive: Samsung Serial ATA (SATA) DVD Writer, Model # SH-S183L
Video Cards: 2 VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro series, 512Mb memory on each
Security S/W: Trend Micro Internet Security 2008 (disabled during the procedures above)
ALL drivers, including DVD driver/firmware, on this computer are up to date and downloaded monthly from the device manufacturers directly.

I've had this issue since the day the game came out almost a month ago and I'd like SEGA to get on top of this and fix the darn thing. It's pathetic that a crack to get this game working came out days after the game did to solve this issue, yet a month later, SEGA can't fix their own game.

StickOnTattoos
06-03-2008, 07:39 AM
In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

bbstar
06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I have the same problem except the patch won't install.

I get this message when I go to install the patch:

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

I have the game installed and the dvd in the drive with a system that meets all minimum requirements.

Please help!!!

tdm
06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I got the exact same message as bbstar :(

No luck yet.

NEURO2008
06-04-2008, 06:35 PM
I've been watching the other forums and it looks like there are 3 different results from this patch:

1) Some can install the patch and play the game finally

2) Some can install the patch and still can't play the game

3) Some can't even install the patch and can't play the game

Looks like the same people that tested the game, tested the patch, if testing even occured. I'm sick and tired of companies that don't have the first clue about software testing and put out junk that doesn't work.

Odd, but I'd really like to play this game that I wasted $30.00 on and can't return.

SEGA, please fix this game with another patch that's actually thoroughly tested and works!

StickOnTattoos
06-05-2008, 10:27 AM
How about an official response of some kind?

Something that says, "Yes, we are aware of the issue and we ":
1. "are working on a fix, you can expect a new patch in X (days, weeks, months, years)."
or
2. "assume that you like your new Iron Man DVD coaster compliments of Sega!"

mayford
06-06-2008, 10:07 PM
suggestion for patch 2.0 fix all the problems with drives and then give us a new graphics engine :lol:

NEURO2008
06-07-2008, 12:27 AM
Let's go one better Mayford: Scrap IM 1.0 and the patch and redo the whole thing ported from the 360 and tested so thoroughly that's it's literally bulletproof and just simply works when you install it. And then make it downloadable to owners of the IM 1.0.

mayford
06-07-2008, 12:05 PM
I second that notion and wish to make an appeal to the court in the form of a "Please and Thank you" There I said the magic words. However I know that this is out of the question logistics wise. :?

mayford
06-07-2008, 12:08 PM
How about an official response of some kind?

Something that says, "Yes, we are aware of the issue and we ":
1. "are working on a fix, you can expect a new patch in X (days, weeks, months, years)."
or
2. "assume that you like your new Iron Man DVD coaster compliments of Sega!"

This statement of frustration is excellent. I think I am going to write a blues song for Iron Man. What do you all think.

Griff Gamer
06-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Just fix it already or give us some way to get are money back. If I didn't like Sonic I would curse Sega for this frustration.
FIX IT NOW!!!! Please help!
If their is some way to get the patch to install that I am missing please post it.

Griff Gamer
06-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Max,
I realize that we are all a little upset and frustrated. But please don't let all this anti Sega talk stop you from telling us if there is a solution coming. I realize that I myself have got a little upset, but I am simply very eager for this problem to be fix and to play my game. Even if the graphics do turn out to be little poor than I expected.

Please tell us there is some sort of help on the way or where I can get it if it is already out and I'm just not smart enough to find it. please help.

*Note: mine is the same problem as bbstar and tdm.

Max@SEGA
06-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in posting. Being primarily a PC gamer myself I understand all the frustration here.

It sounds like there are a few separate issues floating around here that are muddying up the waters.

1. General dissatisfaction with the game - I can't tell anyone what to like, and everyone is entitled to their own expectations and opinions. Whether or not we respond directly, we do listen to all feedback and it influences how things get done in the future. You're telling us what you want - why wouldn't we listen?

2. Problems applying the patch - I would guess these are related to Vista and/or non-default install locations - it would be great if all if those affected could create a help ticket at our support site, help.sega.com. It makes it easier to keep track of dxdiags and offer accurate troubleshooting help, as well as providing us with accurate statistics of how many people are experiencing the problem, so we'll know what issues are widespread and can prioritize fixes.

3. Problems after applying the patch - Very similar to case 2, I would like to see people also creating help tickets. Not because I want to keep any potential issues secret (please go ahead and post to your heart's content as well) but because it's actually easier to help you when we use the best correspondence tool for that task (in this case our support tool). In this case I would guess that we'll see some specific problem drives (Samsung anyone?) giving most of the grief, but without specific information from each person it is hard to say.

Anyhow, in case you missed the url, it's ...

help.sega.com

Thanks!

-Max

texasman
06-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Ok ive installed patch. Ive update Firmware. Ive even got directx10 reinstalled. Still I can play a game that seems to be not worth the money I spent. I hope Sega realizes they can have lawsuits over small stuff like this. Didnt say I was going to but it has been known to happen. Anyhow I sent all the info to sega that I can. I expect to have a fix for ALL users soon.

Guitloud
06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey Max@SEGA... Once I actually used the U.S. patch for my U.S. product, the patch installed fine, but it didn't fix anything other than the fact that it now says that I need to "Please insert the correct IRON MAN DVD-ROM, select OK and restart the application" instead of the initial error that was less specific and referred to a CD-ROM.

And yes, I've got a ticket open "UWX-410557"...funny thing I've been tossed between U.S. and European support with different attempts before some brain trust proclaimed that there was a compatibility problem between my DVD drive and the game and that I needed to update my firmware. Well guess what, I've got 2 DVD drives in the machine and it doesn't work with either one and they both have updated firmware. The compatibility problem is with your copy protection, NOT the game. And I have all kinds of games installed on the machine that also use Disc based copy protection. NO ONE has even replied to my ticket since June 19.

Why don't you simply start providing the download version to people who are having the problem if they can otherwise prove in some fashion that they have a legitimately purchased copy of the game? I presume the download version doesn't look for a DVD. :shock: :roll:

NEURO2008
07-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Are we ever going to get a solution to the Iron Man PC issue of "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application", that so many of us have been reporting?

There's an awful lot of customers who still can't play this game and we've submitted our issues to Support, as requested. And we've heard nothing back.

Meanwhile, your Hulk game has a patch already, while Iron Man game owners are just staring at their game on the shelf collecting dust.

If Sega is trying to lose customers, you've already accomplished that with Iron Man. But we want a game we paid money for to work and expect Sega to fix this.

StickOnTattoos
09-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Well, it was an expensive silver coaster that I bought...but I won't make the same mistake of buying another Sega product.

Bill Nye
10-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Any solutions to the "insert correct DVD-ROM"???????

saturn88
10-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Maybe we're all mistaken. Maybe the game simply is a box that says "Insert DVD-ROM" It's kind of short, but really fun after a while. I'm going to write a Gamefaq walk-through for it. First click on Iron-Man then click OK after getting Insert DVD-ROM error. Repeat. It's fun. I want a T-Shirt that reads "Insert DVD-ROM" My wallpaper on my desktop is a bunch of Insert DVD-ROM boxes.

Here composed is an affectionate ode to the game-

I bought Iron-Man PC
At Target for a fee
Put into my computer bay
Ready to game, ready to play
But oh no! after install an error, what's luck
No flying around, no blowing up even a truck
Just read and push okay in the Insert DVD-ROM box
This game really rocks!
Alas, a patch will this repair?
No, only at INSERT DVD-ROM, do I stare
Please, oh great Sega corp., the day is dark
For many of us cannot suit up as Tony Stark.

teplin99
03-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I guess I need to check out every forum, blog, and men's room wall before I buy any sega products.

Send us a downloadable file to fix or replace ironman. You got my money and you ruined my birthday weekend!

If I wanted a $30 coaster I'd go to Tiffanys

Space Cat
03-07-2009, 09:59 PM
:lol: your birthday present would be ruined by playing the game anyway, it's no good.

ShinobiShadowDancer
03-07-2009, 10:00 PM
I guess I need to check out every forum, blog, and men's room wall before I buy any sega products.

Send us a downloadable file to fix or replace ironman. You got my money and you ruined my birthday weekend!

If I wanted a $30 coaster I'd go to Tiffanysthats what you get for ignoring the reviews and buying trash thats obviously not gonna be fun. Sega PC is a joke and always has been.