PDA

View Full Version : Why do people hate Chris and Elise?

Heroey
02-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I've noticed many people seem to hate Elise and Chris....why?
If it wasn't for Elise,Sonic wouldn't even be alive now.
And Chris,he helped Sonic and the others,saved Sonic from drowning,and let them stay at his house.
Why would people hate them if they have helped them,and even saved Sonic's life?
I know Elise kept on getting captured by Eggman over and over,but she actually brought him back to life in the end.
I know to most people Chris is an annoying kid,but like i said,he saved Sonic,helped him and the others,and let them stay at his house.

Why do people hate them so much? Because they're human? :?

AwesomeTails
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
:lol:

Knucklesownsyou280
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I've noticed many people seem to hate Elise and Chris....why?...

...Why do people hate them so much? Because they're human? :?
Bingo,they basically took the role of the characters designed for those roles while they were around
Chris=Tails-Sonics companion/sidekick
Elise=Amy-Sonic's potential love interest...

Eric Cartman
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
People hate Elise because they say that Sega is promoting bestiality by her kissing Sonic. But she only did that to revive him, they didn't "get it on." :roll:

People hate Chris because they say he's annoying and 'gay' because he always talks about Sonic. I don't really know the reason for people hating Chris but thats why I think they hate him.

I don't mind both characters.

Crystal Chaotix 3
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't hate Chris. I wish his influence on Sonic X wasn't broadcasted more then a few of the others but it's fine.

Elise however, I dislike simply because of the way she is. Oh and the kiss helped too.

And be for warned. A LOT of bashing could result in a topic like this... unless of course someone says it'll happen. 8)

I don't get it. What's funny?

SUPASONICBOOM
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
they both have a love intrest in Sonic and theyre human.That doesnt seem messed up to you?
ELISE MADE OUT WITH AN ANIMAL!a mutant animalAN AMIMAL!!!!!

Flamerstreak
02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
they both have a love intrest in Sonic and theyre human.That doesnt seem messed up to you?

:roll:

You're wrong, WizKid!

Eric Cartman
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
ELISE MADE OUT WITH AN ANIMAL!a mutant animalAN AMIMAL!!!!!Elise didn't make out with Sonic it was a damn peck on the lips. No ruffling of the hair or sweating/panting(making out) :roll:

SUPASONICBOOM
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM

You're wrong, WizKid! Wizkid? okay chris it wasnt true but it was for elise! she was in love with an animal.THAT IS MESSED UP!

JTW_1994
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I have no earthly idea.

Flamerstreak
02-02-2009, 04:50 PM

You're wrong, WizKid! Wizkid? okay chris it wasnt true but it was for elise! she was in love with an animal.THAT IS MESSED UP!

Okay, ever heard of of a rabbit with a human wife, an his name was Roger Rabbit?

How is this any different?

The Freedom Fighter
02-02-2009, 04:51 PM
That butterfly scene...that butterfly scene...
But Chris isn't too bad. I guess it's the same feeling I have with most of the Transformers shows; humans take too much time from the main reason I'm watching the show.

JTW_1994
02-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Gawd ppl are so sensitive these days. It's a freaking video game people, ain't like any of it's real.

Crystal Chaotix 3
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Gawd ppl are so sensitive these days. It's a freaking video game people, ain't like any of it's real.

There's no harm in wondering why.

And the size thing you tried to do didn't work... at least not at first.

JTW_1994
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM

And the size thing you tried to do didn't work...

I realized that.

Crystal Chaotix 3

I realized that.

I figured you did.

JTW_1994

I realized that.

I figured you did.

Yea. LOL :)

SUPASONICBOOM
02-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Okay, ever heard of of a rabbit with a human wife, an his name was Roger Rabbit?

How is this any different?what are you talking about?

JTW_1994
02-02-2009, 05:04 PM

THIS.

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/Features/FeaturesImages/RogerRabbit4.jpg

SUPASONICBOOM
02-02-2009, 05:06 PM

THIS.

http://www.filmbuffonline.com/Features/FeaturesImages/RogerRabbit4.jpg :shock:

Knucklesownsyou280
02-02-2009, 05:07 PM

THIS.

Duh...

Flamerstreak
02-02-2009, 05:12 PM

THIS.

*facepalm* I can't believe this many people have not heard of this movie by now!

Eric Cartman
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
:shock: They even kiss too.

http://media.bigoo.ws/content/gif/disney/disney_582.gif

http://reine.deviantart.com/art/Roger-and-Jessica-3054693

http://as7.dsi.go.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/66275?$full$

http://www.dizpins.com/archives/images/2006junepics/wdw_jessica_37_060606.jpg

JTW_1994
02-02-2009, 05:37 PM

THIS.

*facepalm* I can't believe this many people have not heard of this movie by now!

I heart this movie.

Knucklehead
02-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm indifferent to elise, but I really dislike chris. This is why:

Elise- The main issue is the bestiality thing going on with sonic. However, that aside, she's actually quite mature and responsible. Throw out the whole couple with sonic thing (which like all couples in the sonic franchise, are only implied and not concrete), and I think she's just as acceptable as maria.

Chris- I really don't like him. Why? Because he's totally useless and he steals the roles and spotlight of other characters. He jacked amy's speech in the SA2 adaption to convince shadow to help them, which I thought was really dumb. And he really can't do anything on his own. He gets into things way over his head and ends up being extra dead weight for sonic to save. Even in the metterex saga, when he was supposedly smarter, he did minimal significant things. The only noteworthy thing he's done for sonic is save him from drowning in the pool. Otherwise, he's only gotten in the way and ended up stealing spotlight on his "discovery of manhood" adventures.

Eric Cartman
02-02-2009, 06:09 PM

Elise- The main issue is the bestiality thing going on with sonic. However, that aside, she's actually quite mature and responsible. Throw out the whole couple with sonic thing (which like all couples in the sonic franchise, are only implied and not concrete), and I think she's just as acceptable as maria. What bestiality? There is no bestiality at all in Sonic 06.

Noun 1. bestiality - the stupid brutal quality of a beast
inhumaneness, inhumanity - the quality of lacking compassion or consideration for others
2. bestiality - sexual activity between a person and an animal
zooerastia, zooerasty
sex, sex activity, sexual activity, sexual practice - activities associated with sexual intercourse; "they had sex in the back seat"Sonic and Elise didn't do anything like that.

Flamerstreak
02-02-2009, 06:14 PM

Elise- The main issue is the bestiality thing going on with sonic. However, that aside, she's actually quite mature and responsible. Throw out the whole couple with sonic thing (which like all couples in the sonic franchise, are only implied and not concrete), and I think she's just as acceptable as maria. What bestiality? There is no bestiality at all in Sonic 06.

inhumaneness, inhumanity - the quality of lacking compassion or consideration for others
zooerastia, zooerasty
sex, sex activity, sexual activity, sexual practice - activities associated with sexual intercourse; "they had sex in the back seat"Sonic and Elise didn't do anything like that.

I cannot disagree, Cartman. That is a very accurate point.

Besides, if any of that did actually happen in Sonic 06, the game would be rated M for mature!

The lack of sexual education of the people here never ceases to amaze me!

Knucklehead
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM

zooerastia, zooerasty
sex, sex activity, sexual activity, sexual practice - activities associated with sexual intercourse; "they had sex in the back seat"Sonic and Elise didn't do anything like that. I realize that. Its the IMPLICATION of it that people seem to tack on. Notice I said that in the parenthesis. Perhaps bestiality is too drastic a word. Does "relationship" work better?

serpx
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
It's simply because they're humans in heroic roles. If they were animals like Sonic, it wouldn't be as much as a problem. If they were new villains like Eggman, I doubt it'd be too much of a problem either.

Some fans seem to feel odd to see a human character in a heroic role, when it comes to Sonic. Especially with a love interest on a certain heroic furry.

Eric Cartman
02-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I realize that. Its the IMPLICATION of it that people seem to tack on. Notice I said that in the parenthesis. Perhaps bestiality is too drastic a word. Does "relationship" work better?Yes thats a great word to describe the Sonic and Elise thing.

Komodos
02-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I realize that. Its the IMPLICATION of it that people seem to tack on. Notice I said that in the parenthesis. Perhaps bestiality is too drastic a word. Does "relationship" work better?Yes thats a great word to describe the Sonic and Elise thing.

Excellent, especially since it was only one-sided from Elise's part anyway.

joncrooks
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
You know I like Chris. he's rich, he's got a massive house, 2 big pools, he's nieve, I bet chris wouldn't mind me asking for a couple $$$million. thats pocket change to them.
dont care about elise

Vatek
02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
I dislike both for several reasons but the biggest is that they're humans with too big of a role. Dr. Eggman should be the only human with a major role.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, forget what I said.

JTW_1994
02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
[quote="joncrooks"]You know I like Chris. he's rich, he's got a massive house, 2 big pools, he's nieve, I bet chris wouldn't mind me asking for a couple $$$million. thats pocket change to them.
dont care about elise[/quote

LMAO @ your reason.

Sakuru Higan
02-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Chris is disliked because he's a human, and because he's a generally fallible character (unlike the rest of the cast, who have super powers and all of that).

Elise is disliked for being a major DiD, but also for that "kiss."
On the subject of that "kiss," I have to ask... did they really kiss? Because there's just a lot of white light there... and it didn't look like her lips got close enough to kiss his.. erm... curve. (he has inward lips, come on..)

But yeah, that's all I see, really. That, and their "realism" doesn't compute with the cartoony anthro animals.

PY687
02-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I hate Chris and Elise for being immature. Well, that's mostly just Chris. He's an nosebleeding, idiotic coward who couldn't do anything smart.

Elise was actually alright, although it was more of a "maiden in trouble" kind of situation, so she some people thought that was pathetic.

EggmanMinion
02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
I hate Chris and Elise for being immature. Well, that's mostly just Chris. He's an nosebleeding, idiotic coward who couldn't do anything smart.

Elise was actually alright, although it was more of a "maiden in trouble" kind of situation, so she some people thought that was pathetic.
Come on, Chris is a kid, no Indiana Jones, what the Heck are you talking.
By the way, who is Elise?

E123Brawler
02-02-2009, 09:06 PM

By the way, who is Elise?
Elise is the princess of Soleanna from Sonic '06.

tonitonichopper
02-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Why do people make threads asking why other people don't like characters?

Sonicthearmidlio
02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
So I guess You hate me for begin Human too?
or you hate yourself.
Also Elise almost did Suicide, I think that's a reason to show her stupidity.

digiboy0001
02-02-2009, 10:32 PM
So I guess You hate me for begin Human too?
or you hate yourself.
Also Elise almost did Suicide, I think that's a reason to show her stupidity.
It's not solely the fact that they're human. It's the fact that they're humans in a franchise that should be dominated mainly by animals. They don't fit in, that's the problem.

And Elise didn't attempt suicide. She knew Sonic was there and was going to catch her. She just faked a suicide attempt to get away from Eggman.

Crystal Chaotix 3
02-03-2009, 03:00 AM

That doesn't describe Chris at all.

AXavierB
02-03-2009, 04:59 AM
People hate them because they're human, and some people think humans shouldn't exist in Sonic games. Personally, I think that notion is completely ludicrous.

But individually, they each have their reasons. People hate Chris for being the main focus of the stories and stealing the spotlight from the other characters. I was OK with Chris and thought he and his family and friends were nice additions to the cast, but I was infuriated when he stole Amy's role in coaxing Shadow to help save the world.

People hate Elise because she's just not a very developed character. She has a rather dull personality and backstory. Of course, others hate her because of her apparent "bestiality" with Sonic. I think this is a stupid reason to hate her, for several reasons. First of all, she just pecked him on the lips. It's not like they were... petting or anything. Second, Sonic may be an animal, but he and the rest of the characters are anthropomorphic and personified to such a point that you can't really call it bestiality because they aren't "beasts".

That's not to say I support Sonic and Elise as a couple. I actually hate the pairing very much, but it has nothing to do with Elise being human. I just don't like it because I think Sonic goes better with Amy, not the one-shot damsel in distress, Elise.

PiantaPink
02-03-2009, 07:42 AM
I dislike Elise. Because the "relationship" she has with Sonic. She clearly likes him, and that's just wrong.

Speedy_Cheese
02-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Elise in the end of it all kind of made me miffed because she got so selfish. She wanted to scrap all the hard work that everyone had done for the relationship she had with Sonic. That's when it kind of turned from she's got a crush to this is creepy for me. I mean, did she not see Sonic get revived, or did she blink when Sonic, Silver & Shadow turned super to save everyone from the brink of disaster? :? LOL Was that irrelevant to her? It was as if all that effort meant nothing to her at the end of it all.
I know it was out of love, or whatever it was she felt for Sonic, but it went against everything he had fought for. It was a bit much.

Chris I don't have as much of a beef with, we kind of enjoy making jabs about him but I do like him. Again, I did find it a little creepy how he dedicated the rest of his life to getting to Sonic's world, but I guess as a human who went through all those exciting times and then losing them... I can see how someone might react that way.

My main beef is, as it has been said, that these roles could have easily been given to characters already liked and established that people tune in for. Tails got shafted on Sonic X for Chris, which wasn't cool. Amy got shafted by Elise throughout the game, which is also uncool. Why make more characters nobody is yet connected to when you have a full menu of others people are actually counting on seeing? It seems a bit off to me.

Queenhypershadow
02-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Princess Elise is one of my favorite characters. I really don't want to get into the beastality thing because

1. Sonic is a humanoid hedgehog. He's about as advanced as humans.

2. There are other instances where we see an animal and human in love in cartoons. What about Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit? Where's the controversy there?

I liked Christ, but he became too Gary-Stu and he's just a wuss.

Veemon_X
02-03-2009, 09:31 AM
But individually, they each have their reasons. People hate Chris for being the main focus of the stories and stealing the spotlight from the other characters. I was OK with Chris and thought he and his family and friends were nice additions to the cast, but I was infuriated when he stole Amy's role in coaxing Shadow to help save the world.

Hey, atleast Shadow beats him up a bit. :lol:

No no, just kidding, just kidding.

Speedy_Cheese
02-03-2009, 09:31 AM
:lol: The reason I don't mind Jessica & Roger is because they live in a place called Toon World. Within toon world, everything plays out in a completely non-sensical and, you guessed it, cartoon way of life. So it runs down the same vein that allows Bugs Bunny to kiss Yosemete Sam, Donald Duck to not ever wear pants but randomly wear towels coming out of the shower, and Goofy to own a dog as a pet but yet be one.
In Sonic's world, humans weren't always there to begin with. They were a commodity that showed up later on, before Eggman was the only thing that resembled a human and that was that, it was Mobians.
I think the reason why people disliked Elise wasn't just the fact that she was a human, but it seemed to come out of nowhere. Before humans were just guides or something to save, not love interests. It wasn't always that way on Sonic's world, which makes it different from cases like Roger & Jessica- where on their planet their relationship is 100% the norm. If Sonic brought Elise back to Mobius, that isn't the norm. It would raise eyebrows. :lol: To be fair, I also disliked in Sonic OVA how that princess also seemed to have a thing for Sonic... I don't know why, it's always just seemed a tad creepy to me. It feels sort of like knowing somebody who wants to go steady with an alien. You just kind of nod and don't know what to make of it.

The Freedom Fighter
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
2. There are other instances where we see an animal and human in love in cartoons. What about Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit? Where's the controversy there?
It was there, but I don't think it was as overblown as Sonic&Elise were.

And Elise didn't attempt suicide. She knew Sonic was there and was going to catch her. She just faked a suicide attempt to get away from Eggman.
Are you sure? I don't remember her seeing Sonic, and I was sure she was somewhat surprised he showed up, but okay, if you say so.

SUPASONICBOOM
02-03-2009, 01:43 PM
:lol: The reason I don't mind Jessica & Roger is because they live in a place called Toon World. Within toon world, everything plays out in a completely non-sensical and, you guessed it, cartoon way of life. So it runs down the same vein that allows Bugs Bunny to kiss Yosemete Sam, Donald Duck to not ever wear pants but randomly wear towels coming out of the shower, and Goofy to own a dog as a pet but yet be one.
In Sonic's world, humans weren't always there to begin with. They were a commodity that showed up later on, before Eggman was the only thing that resembled a human and that was that, it was Mobians.
I think the reason why people disliked Elise wasn't just the fact that she was a human, but it seemed to come out of nowhere. Before humans were just guides or something to save, not love interests. It wasn't always that way on Sonic's world, which makes it different from cases like Roger & Jessica- where on their planet their relationship is 100% the norm. If Sonic brought Elise back to Mobius, that isn't the norm. It would raise eyebrows. :lol: To be fair, I also disliked in Sonic OVA how that princess also seemed to have a thing for Sonic... I don't know why, it's always just seemed a tad creepy to me. It feels sort of like knowing somebody who wants to go steady with an alien. You just kind of nod and don't know what to make of it. I just watched the movie on good old youtube and I completly agree!

Are you sure? I don't remember her seeing Sonic, and I was sure she was somewhat surprised he showed up, but okay, if you say so. I really hoped he didnt show :lol: JK

Solaris Paradox
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Primarily because they're pointless, flat characters that no one gives a crap about and which never should have seen the light of day in the Sonic series under any circumstances.

Poezick88
02-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Primarily because they're pointless, flat characters that no one gives a crap about and which never should have seen the light of day in the Sonic series under any circumstances.

what this guy said

AXavierB
02-03-2009, 04:29 PM

sdhfaijfdhsffuiygyfdisg!

:evil:

Flamerstreak
02-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Princess Elise is one of my favorite characters. I really don't want to get into the beastality thing because

That reminds me. Everyone...

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

http://www.blog.gamerc.net/2006/09/early-sonic-hedgehog-concept.html

Veemon_X
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM

sdhfaijfdhsffuiygyfdisg!

:evil:

Spamming's for the random section.

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

Heh, wonder what that would have turned out like if the concept work fell through. Bottom pic reminded me of the old Mega Man artwork for some reason.

Eric Cartman
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

http://www.blog.gamerc.net/2006/09/early-sonic-hedgehog-concept.htmlYeah I've heard of that before. If Madonna actually made it into the game and series I doubt there would be alot of fans complaining about bestiality because once they play the first game either their mind would say "Eww his girlfriend is a human!?!?BESTIALITY!! *doesn't play game*" or people wouldn't care and just say "Oh cool a hedgehog that can run at the speed of sound, this game is cool!"

digiboy0001
02-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Are you sure? I don't remember her seeing Sonic, and I was sure she was somewhat surprised he showed up, but okay, if you say so.
It wasn't very obvious, but I always thought it was implied. Right before she makes the jump, you can see that she was kind of looking down at the ground behind her. Then again, I'm sure that's something normal to do when you're about to commit a suicide of that fashion, but I always thought that she had faith that Sonic would manage to get to her in time.

Blaze the Cat
02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
I found Elise more tolerable than Chris...

Chris did his part, but the fact that he took the role of the other characters was a cheap way to make him useful. He was a lifeless character, much like what you'd see in the Pokemon show. Characters with no kind of personality whatsoever.

Elise had a little more to her, and even though the whole romance thing with Sonic was bizarre, I can't help but admire her. She's a tough cookie who's been through a lot, and I can somewhat relate to her. (I won't go into why.) That said, she wasn't necessarily a fantastic character or anything, she was just OK. Yet, Lacey Chabert did a really nice job voicing her. =P

That's my opinion. Basically, most fans hate them because they're lifeless humans, and no one handled the romance thing with Elise well. Chris was a spotlight thief or something. W/e. Fans hate almost all the characters anyway, so what else is new?

sykog77
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
They are really irritating and pointless.

AXavierB
02-03-2009, 09:44 PM

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

NO WAY! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

I read about that a few years ago. I'm sort of glad it got scrapped, because she looks like a combination of Jessica Rabbit and that Pauline girl from Donkey Kong.

Blaze the Cat
02-03-2009, 09:53 PM

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

YES. Thank You Flamerstreak!

It's about time it was mentioned. See, this whole bestiality thing would've existed in the classic days if they didn't scrap the concept, so it was actually a thought at one time. And look at all the kissy marks! That Madonna woman is far more obsessive than Elise could ever hope to be. So stfu about the Sonic and Elise thing already. This wouldn't be the first time. K?

And the idea of animals (Or furries, rather) being paired up with humans in works of FICTION is not a new concept, nor was it invented by the creators of Sonic. Got it?

PY687
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
That doesn't describe Chris at all.He's too dam* inconsistent. Sometimes he's spineless, and at other moments he makes an outrageous act like lunging for Eggman to get back a Chaos Emerald. WTF?

Vatek
02-04-2009, 05:12 AM
The rereasoned version of the main reason I hate them is the fact they just came in stole two of Sonic's friends roles. I know someone already said that but it's true.

plus I'm a bit of a Sonamy supporter.

Veemon_X
02-04-2009, 07:51 AM

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

What's really funny about the concept artwork is that with that finger looking guy to the left... it looks like it could have been... a you know what if you catch my drift.

Dark Qiviut
02-04-2009, 08:15 AM
As someone who really likes these characters (Elise is fourth, Chris is fifth), I don't understand the hatred Christopher and Elise get, either. Well...backtrack that a little. I can sort of understand why some don't like Elise, for the scriptwriting was a little lackluster, but not Christopher. Christopher, to me, feels like a rounded character. He cares for Sonic and the others and would do what it takes to help them. Sometimes, that makes him overthink, such as chasing Eggman to retrieve the Chaos Emerald and nearly getting himself killed in the process.

He's also unique; he's not the usual stereotypical spoiled, rich kid. He's grateful for the luxurious life he has, but he prefers to be with his friends and family more, and that's seen in episodes 25 and 50 when he thinks about life without them and how tough it'll be to say "good-bye" to them. Sometimes, the thought of them leaving really pains him, because he loves them. He feels that without them, especially Sonic, a part of him dies, demonstrating his insecurity in the process. That's why he locked the portal and trapped Sonic for an episode. Episode 51 revealed his and Sonic's close friendship and Christopher's growth and newfound confidence of seeing Sonic and the others again one day. (He was much more confident of himself in the second series.)

Christopher, to me, is a great addition to the versatile series, and the flaws he demonstrates is why I like him so much. These flaws make him more human. He doesn't have powers, and I like him that way.

The Freedom Fighter
02-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Actually, I do remember a reason I didn't care for Chris. I didn't like how he complained to have a lonely life with no friends, despite the fact he did have friends, even before meeting Sonic and pals. It just made me think he didn't care for them as much as he should.

Crystal Chaotix 3
02-04-2009, 11:46 AM
That doesn't describe Chris at all.He's too dam* inconsistent. Sometimes he's spineless, and at other moments he makes an outrageous act like lunging for Eggman to get back a Chaos Emerald. WTF?

Kids tend to act that way when confronted with danger. And then suddenly getting a burst of any kind of courage to confront Eggman is something I consider admirable. Then in the 3rd season all of what the kid qualities are simply fly out the window.

Of course I'm not saying he's that great of a character. I don't see much within his qualites to actually hate but their are a few gripes I have. His accessive amount of screentime and his sometimes too indepth feelings seem to stand out a lot more then necessary. I knew they just wanted to get the point across that Chris was a somewhat lonely child but still.

And then there's the fact that Chris tends to get himself involved in situations that don't involve him much. It was understandable in the 3rd Season though. In the first two it seemed almost forced and out of place.

I don't hate him though. Elise is a different story, a much more disliking story at that, but even then I don't totally hate her either. Severely dislike is more like it.

The only Sonic character I hate really is Sally.

Link451
02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
I'd say Solaris Paradox obliterated this topic, but I may as well put in my two cents anyways.

Chris: He just seems whiny, irritating, and getting in the way. And he's focused on way too much.

Elise: The bestiality, the way she acts so corny around Sonic, and she's virtually just a plot device so Sonic can have someone to save. Seriously, what kind of character gets kidnapped 8 times in one dang game?

Eric Cartman
02-04-2009, 03:27 PM
I'd say Solaris Paradox obliterated this topic, but I may as well put in my two cents anyways.

Chris: He just seems whiny, irritating, and getting in the way. And he's focused on way too much.

Elise: The relationship with Sonic, the way she acts so corny around Sonic, and she's virtually just a plot device so Sonic can have someone to save. Seriously, what kind of character gets kidnapped 8 times in one dang game?Fixed.

Vatek
02-04-2009, 03:55 PM

Elise: The bestiality, the way she acts so corny around Sonic, and she's virtually just a plot device so Sonic can have someone to save. Seriously, what kind of character gets kidnapped 8 times in one dang game?

That's Elise in a nutshell alright. This gives me an idea for a ChrisXElise relationship. (stupid)

Eric Cartman
02-04-2009, 03:58 PM
That's Elise in a nutshell alright. This gives me an idea for a ChrisXElise relationship. (stupid)

http://ihearrrtme.deviantart.com/art/Everybody-Loves-Sonic-47445728

a.k.asonic
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Chris was to focused on in Sonic X and Elise just took to much of Sonic's story in 06.

Blaze the Cat
02-04-2009, 04:01 PM

http://ihearrrtme.deviantart.com/art/Everybody-Loves-Sonic-47445728

Not a bad pic actually. Still, poor Sonic.

Heroey
02-04-2009, 05:26 PM

GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!

Weird.....
a while back when i saw a pairing pic of Sonic and Madonna,i thought they meant the singer Madonna. xD
Those little animal things look weird.

Speedy_Cheese
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Chris was to focused on in Sonic X and Elise just took to much of Sonic's story in 06.

Perhaps the greatest point of all.
When it all boils down, most people think they just robbed too much screen time from everyone else.
And to be fair, for anyone who just wanted to see Sonic and his friends (and aren't fans of Chris/Elise), this is true. :?

SUPASONICBOOM
02-05-2009, 02:35 PM

http://ihearrrtme.deviantart.com/art/Everybody-Loves-Sonic-47445728I knew someone would post that!

redchaoschao94
02-06-2009, 02:28 PM
I've noticed many people seem to hate Elise and Chris....why?
If it wasn't for Elise,Sonic wouldn't even be alive now.

If it wasn't for Elise, we would *hopefully* not have had Next Gen in it's current form, and we would have approximately 18% less whining from the so-called "Fanbase"

And Chris,he helped Sonic and the others,saved Sonic from drowning,and let them stay at his house.

Chris, or the series he pertains to, didn't need to exist either. Another thing that would cut down complaining from fans.

People generally hate them because they are generally representatives of Next Gen and Sonic X respectively, and since people don't like them.....

Plus they are both generally annoying in some matter.

Crystal Chaotix 3
02-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Wait, how does the series not needing to exist have to do with Chris saving Sonic from the pool? If it relates then mention how...

rocker spike
02-06-2009, 02:31 PM
its all a conspiracy maan

GREG THE CAT
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
its all a conspiracy maan Honestly.... That's what's so cool about you. But why the hippie complexion?

Ah... Heroey. I first taught you that fan fiction in script is rarely good, as well as telling you how cliched couples Fan Fiction is.... Now I must give to you more advice.

Chris was honestly alright.... What ruined him you might say? As stated earlier, these characters steal other characters roles.... Now, Chris?
I never did get over the end to Season 2 of Sonic X. They must send Sonic to his unknown homeworld, only to contradict the games? Wow... And you thought SatAM screwed with the games plotline.... But to add to the confusion and hatred to this role stealer, he kidnaps Sonic and pretty much confesses that he is gay. How you say? He kidnapped Sonic. He wanted to keep him there. He cried over Sonic's departure. I'm sorry... I know he's a little boy, but he's twelve... I know you're losing your friend, but my god.... Must you be so dramatic about it? You make the Sonic comics look like a James Bond thriller (and trust me, the comics are extremely stale- has been since iss. 150.)

And do I really have to explain Elise? The entire story was a pointless ploy to make money. The ending sums up the entire game. It never happened, and never should've been made. Sonic kissing a human was another ploy to get the Japanese interested into Sonic. Please stop the nonsense, SOJ!

So yeah.... There's my 10 cents. Care to back up why they weren't useless?

P.S. Find me in a gripey mood? Sorry... I'm trying to fight for my opinions in the Dark Brotherhood forum. So much stressful arguing...

TheGreenThunder
02-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Sonic kissing a human was another ploy to get the Japanese interested into Sonic. Please stop the nonsense, SOJ! I agree that Chris and Elise are horrible, but what the hell is this? What is this based on? Are you high?!

GREG THE CAT
02-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Sonic kissing a human was another ploy to get the Japanese interested into Sonic. Please stop the nonsense, SOJ! I agree that Chris and Elise are horrible, but what the hell is this? What is this based on? Are you high?! What are you talking about? Am I high? Jeez.... Am I just going to have to shut up so that I can make people happy? Am I to stay in the fan fiction section and stay a little kiddish person?

As you and I show the Sonic franchise is all about debating what we want and the fans will never agree. But I think, I should talk about this somewhere else.

Sakuru Higan
02-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm sorry... I know he's a little boy, but he's twelve... I know you're losing your friend, but my god.... Must you be so dramatic about it? You make the Sonic comics look like a James Bond thriller (and trust me, the comics are extremely stale- has been since iss. 150.)

In Chris's defense, he wasn't just saying "until we meet again" to Sonic. He was saying goodbye, forever. That's not easy to say, and there literally is never going to be a chance that he'll ever see Sonic again after he lets him go. At least not by normal means.
Even when you say goodbye to friends, it's not quite so sad because you know that you'll see them again. If a friend moves away, maybe, someday, you'll find them again. There's always that possibility.

With Sonic's departure, that would be all.

And do I really have to explain Elise?
Yes, please.

The entire story was a pointless ploy to make money. The ending sums up the entire game. It never happened,
Sad to say it, but this game's story is one of those "In another time, in another place" kind of stories that happen every so often in fiction.
So, it actually did happen, but it never happened.

If you get that at all.
Somehow, I doubt it.

Sonic kissing a human was another ploy to get the Japanese interested into Sonic. Please stop the nonsense, SOJ!
Or..
just maybe..
Elise's mystical power to seal souls and spirits (such as Solaris) within her probably allowed her to carry/hold on to Sonic's soul/spirit for a limited amount of time, but she needed to be able to transfer the soul/spirit into the proper vessel?
Remember how Solaris escaped from Elise. A physical reaction was required for him to be even allowed to escape, and her physical reaction, since Solaris wasn't necessarily a physical entity to begin with, just made him release through her body (particularly, look at the cutscene, her head/face/mouth).

And, as far as I remember, the only requirement for her to seal a spirit, is for her to invoke a chaos emeralds power.
But gathering a spirit that's just floating around and dissipating into various directions...? That would take a lot of power. Hence why all jewels would be required for it.

....But that's just my take on it.

diosoth
02-08-2009, 12:23 AM
People hate Elise because they say that Sega is promoting bestiality by her kissing Sonic. But she only did that to revive him, they didn't "get it on." :roll:

Remember, cross-species is only bad in this series if one of them is human. Rouge and Blaze are damn well expected to date other species.

Vatek
02-08-2009, 05:36 AM

Remember, cross-species is only bad in this series if one of them is human. Rouge and Blaze are damn well expected to date other species.

Or if it's something really freaky. *COUGH*COUGH*tailsmo*COUGH*COUGH*

~Witchy Rouge~
02-08-2009, 05:41 AM

Oh please, the cross dating gets werider...Anyone up for BlazeXChris :roll:?

Vatek
02-08-2009, 05:42 AM

Oh please, the cross dating gets werider...Anyone up for BlazeXChris :roll:?

That was just random.

sonicshuffle
02-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Okayyyyyyyyyy I came in on a bad time. You people keep talking about cross species and what not.