Thread: Basic infantry are useless in combat

Default Basic infantry are useless in combat

Basic infantry is utterly useless in combat, they have low health, low firepower. Their only use is for capturing structures, but they die off too quickly to provide any usefull combat advantage. I would like infantry too stand a chance against vehicles, and especially other infantry.

Agreed, a squad of infantry should be able to kill a vehicle.

Disciples are strong, Grunts can get anti-vehicle weaponry, and Ohms have Swarm. The only basic infantry that is truly weak is the Ohm, whose price and build time reflect its disposable nature.

The Ohm Robots would be more profitable if they came in a squad rather than a single unit. Much like the how the Human units come in squads.

Like a squad of three or five for an increased price. This will make an Ohm Robot army more useful because Swarm will actually be more accurate in it's meaning and it would just be fantastic to spend all your resources to mass an immense army of Ohm Robots to march down to get blown away for the cause of Novus.
    I got into the first wave of beta :3

Quote Originally Posted by Baraga
    Disciples are strong, Grunts can get anti-vehicle weaponry, and Ohms have Swarm. The only basic infantry that is truly weak is the Ohm, whose price and build time reflect its disposable nature.
    Correct. If you think the basic inf are useless you're lame

Now, I wouldn't use inf vs Masari probably, and until variants get nerfed I would watch for use vs Novus, but I've tried out Ohm bot starts that are qutie fun, since they have some micro opportunity and are quite spammable, and I know for a fact from being on both the right and wrong end of those little inf dudes Masari have that they're quite powerful (especially in dark mode).

I don't know about grunt so much, but that's 'cause most Hierarchy players are stupid and don't use any units. HINT FOR PLAYING HIERARCHY (and I know this being from being an opponent, having only played them like twice): Don't just use walkers, because that's stupid. Walkers get :):):):):) by many units if they have no support. AT THE VERY LEAST get saucers to go with them, and work on using other units more.

Though admittedly if the strength of each faction were measured right now I would say Novus > Masari > Hierarchy. I mean, it's basically impossible to lose vs Hierarchy as Novus or Masari if you know what you're doing.

Ohm bots are useful, they just need to be used in a hit and run manner. They are also one of the few Novus units that can hit aircraft.

I use Defilers a lot, They are murder to the Masari. Grunts work well against the other infantry and Lost Ones are very good at dealing with turret spams.

dont single use basic infantry , add vehicules, lure ennemies in traps setup by turrets etc
    i am soul tormented with autism. If i say something wrong or weird , dont blame me blame my brains