ok so i bought my copy today and i immidiatly jumped into the multiplayer (after having played the demo for a week straight i thought i could fend for myself pretty easily) aside from this being false, i was wondering about a couple things.
1) how can we tell if other people are on pc or xbox?
2) why did the four games i played end in a sync error
3) why is there almost nobody playing online for this brand spanking new game that is amazing?!
1) Can't, usually. 'Cept PC players are likely not to talk, and may type to you Point: Cross platform play hasn't yet been implemented; it's coming out very shortly.
2) All four? That's rather unusual, but it happens in large-scale games or games that last a long time. This issue is being corrected very shortly with the release of Patch 3 (PC) and UaW Update (Xbox). Both will come soon and at the same time (which will also enable cross-platform play).
3) Now THAT you can chalk up to an insanely quiet introduction with next to no advertising and marketing. I have NO idea what possessed the marketing team to let this one slip by, but right now word-of-mouth and YouTube videos are attracting the new players.
1) =( and when if you know, will it come out? i since i bought my copy my friends gona get it for PC
2) they were 1v1s and they sync errored before i could get out three reaper drones
3)we must spread this game!
1) Cannot give you a date with the patch, but it was slated to be released mid-April. Being the very end of April they're obviously a little late (they want to get as many bugs as they can and make it run as smoothly as possible, then both Sega and Microsoft need to look over the patch) BUT late or not the patch is coming along.
3) there was only one copy for xbox 360 and one for pc at my local gamestop. so i figured it was kinda popular. also my friend called me when i was at gamestop and asked what i was getting, when i told him i was getting UaW he was like, i never heard of that game so it must suck =( people must realize that just because they didnt market it, it doesnt mean they didnt have enough money to do so therefore meaning they didnt have enough money to make a good game...
3) My brother and I specifically went looking for a new game to play and UaW was one of the first we came across on IGN last year. We decided the screenshots looked cool and the videos seemed fun so we downloaded the demo and BAM we were hooked. Been a no-brainer hit with us ever since, but the marketing itself was awful.
It's sad to think that we were the only two people who came to EB on release day for it because we were the only ones who went looking for a new kickass game.
Probably. It's still an awesome game and NOW there are patches out, so the finicky players have less to complain about. It'll be an even bigger hit if they come out with an expansion, market that like it SHOULD BE, and everyone will need the original anyway.
I still feel that the more feasible way to make it known would be word-of-mouth or customer reviews at this point, though.
Write reviews for it at IGN, Gamespot, 1Up.com, etc. Spread the word where we have the means to do so.
Well, spread it anywhere, but go there especially.