Thread: Yumi Assault

Default Yumi Assault

Since the new translation for Yakuza Kiwami one thing caught my eye was that Dojima "forced" himself on Yumi. However, all the previous games with flashbacks state that he "TRIED to force himself" on Yumi. I thought the entire time that her amnesia was caused mostly by the murder, which is what triggered her memory back when she saw a gun.

Since there is no Japanese word for "R*pe" as far as what I heard, this might be a thing that's lost in translation. The new translation team is good, but there are moments where they didn't make sense like what Majima says in response to Nishiki in the cutscene before they fight.

So was it an attempt or did it actually happen?

Considering Yumi had all her clothes on, I would say it was an attempt, and Nishiki shot Dojima as he had his hands full so to speak.

Yo Johan.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. It's slightly confusing, the way it's worded makes it sound like it actually happened. Plus Yakuza games always have suspended time between cutscenes so you never know. I think they said that they're going to correct errors that the previous translations made. Kage the florist is now The Florist of Sai, etc.

I thought it didn't happen, but almost, in Yakuza 1. Playing Kiwami i thought i misunderstood lol, but seeing this post i remember Yakuza 1 was with spanish (multi5) subs so it was impossible for me to not understand it. So we can say that this is an error on translation. But we can say the mistake was on Y1, or it was on Kiwami? Nishiki could stop Dojima?