Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: What did Capcom, AND Marvel, do wrong with Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Trailer for Sigma and Black Panther is out:

One thing to note about BP is that, like all of the other MCU newcomers, he appears to have incredible air mobility - a strength which not every character in the game has.

It's almost like Marvel ordered Capcom to try and make these promotional characters high tier or something. =P
    Panther is definitely going to be the tryhard go-to character if he's decent, as he fulfills the Wolverine "function" that a lot of people miss. Sigma and Monster Hunter look great. I'm looking forward to trying both of them out.
    A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat.

I'm very happy to hear that, Casshern. I hope they're to your enjoyment.

Didn't see this post BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    ehhh....

You know I really like megaman, and since mm10 we have not SEEN another capcom made mega man game that wasn't a comp title.
    Yet how much have both sony and nintendo (especially nintendo) strive to keep that franchise alive and relevant with digital versions available of classic games, having sales, MEGAMAN BEING IN SMASH 4 AND HAVING HIS OWN AMIIBO...

Yet, we've seen a not megaman game with mighty no9, a not mega man x game with Gunvolt (and it's sequel), and a cross over title of both games for the 3ds with Mighty gunvolt, 4 games made from people who used to make megaman games, who can't because the people who own the ip, not only not bother, but don't even seem interested.

Really, in my book they're barely above the likes of Konami who holds on to their ips, and teases re-releases, but obviously couldn't give less of a damn about gaming anymore for pachinko machines. (hell I'm still waiting for my not-castlevania game with Ritual of the Night)
    Oh, I have no doubt whatsoever that they're better than the Pachinko-happy Konami. .__. The best thing Konami's done this year IMO was Super Bomberman R on Nintendo Switch. (I like the game and everything, but that's just one IP and one they inherited from Hudson Soft at that. I do love the recent update the game received, though)

Capcom has more than one of their established franchises that they still pay attention to. What do we have on the Konami front? Metal Gear Zombie? No, thanks! I'm more interested in Kojima's new property as an independent developer.

Capcom said in a recent article that they haven't forgotten about Mega Man, though much as you likely are, I'm in a 'believe it when I see it' mindset where that's concerned. (I love Mega Man and desperately want it to be true that Capcom has plans for their de facto mascot)

Citation: http://nintendoeverything.com/capcom...bout-mega-man/

Again, I want it to be true, but we'll see. I fully agree with you that Sony and Nintendo have put in more effort for that franchise as of late.

Also, isn't Gunvolt more of a "not-Mega Man Zero" from what I've heard? And the similarity is justified. Inti Creates (Gunvolt, Mighty Gunvolt, Blaster Master Zero, and much more) were the developers of the Zero series along with the ZX series and MM9 and 10. Plus, they're made up of ex-Capcom staff as you yourself pointed out.

Also, not to be picky, but Mighty Gunvolt also has a sequel. MG Burst on 3DS and Switch. (I own the latter version, but I'm not playing the Mighty Gunvolt games until I've beaten Azure Striker Gunvolt and its sequel...which I will be getting on Switch at the end of the month when the physical release comes out.)

And why wouldn't we all be waiting for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night from Koji Igarashi? That's been a 2018 release window for a while. It won't be that much longer.

Can't wait for the NPD to see how this game sold in America.

I feel like there are gonna be some fun times ahead.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

In case you weren't sure that Capcom is utterly clueless about appealing to their consumers, they've now announced this:

A DmC Donte costume, instead of a version of Dante that people would actually like to pay.

Note that they expect people to pay $3.99 for this costume, though alternatively there is a $29.99 "Costume Season Pass", lol.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Tried to see how the game is doing and the amount of sites claiming this game bomb is astounding. lol.

Damn son.

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those 'free' with gold/psplus memberships in the near future.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 15 DLC (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "Did you hear the joke about the roof? Never mind, it's over your head."

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    In case you weren't sure that Capcom is utterly clueless about appealing to their consumers, they've now announced this:

A DmC Donte costume, instead of a version of Dante that people would actually like to pay.

Note that they expect people to pay $3.99 for this costume, though alternatively there is a $29.99 "Costume Season Pass", lol.
    I dunno. That look makes him more bad and less Mama's boy
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Tried to see how the game is doing and the amount of sites claiming this game bomb is astounding. lol.

Damn son.

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those 'free' with gold/psplus memberships in the near future.
    Well, apparently against all expectations, it ranked #6 in the Top 20 best-selling games in the U.S. for September.

Citation: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/to.../1100-6454298/ (Source: NPD Report)
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 10-23-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Wow, I have to admit, that is legitimately surprising. All signs had pointed towards this being a game which wouldn't land in the Top 10.

I wonder if it's enough for Marvel to allow a Season 2 to happen, though.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    Well, apparently against all expectations, it ranked #6 in the Top 20 best-selling games in the U.S. for September.

Citation: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/to.../1100-6454298/ (Source: NPD Report)
    Surprising.

Even more surprising is according to that, fifa 18 for the switch did better than nba 2k 18 and there isn't a 20+ page debate on that in the nintendo forums.

Anywho, I'm too far away from giving that game any type of attention right now, got street fighter 5 in my sights first.

btw, has anybody played South Park: Fractured But Whole yet? what's the verdict?
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 15 DLC (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "Did you hear the joke about the roof? Never mind, it's over your head."

Even more surprising is according to that, fifa 18 for the switch did better than nba 2k 18 and there isn't a 20+ page debate on that in the nintendo forums.
    I didn't notice this until you mentioned it.

But then, FIFA 18 is down there with the likes of Rayman Legends.... Uh oh.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast