Welcome to the "Tips For New Online Users Guide". The purpose of this guide is to give newcomers to the Online Community a great start to the World of Online gameplay. Reading this will give you an edge to the Online World, before you actually visit. This will hoepfully prevent many problems that would of otherwise occured by foolish mistakes and such.
(Note: This guide may be updated periodically)
Take the time to read the following:
1. REMEMBER your Username and Password for your HL account, and the Password for your game. I reccommend that you write down your HL account info on paper or in the provided space in the PSO Instruction Booklet. Also, make sure to save your game password to your memory card. If you need to cancel/modify your account, you will need these things.
2. PROTECT your info and game! Dont give out any personal or account info to anyone. Also, its reccommended that you dont accept Guild Cards over a lobby. (especially if you dont know who sent you one) This causes the game to save, when in an open area. And try to avoid suspicious users. If a user is threatening you or others with freezing the game or other things, its best to just Quit the game and leave that lobby. Also, if someone randomly asks you to do something like. "Do this now!" try leaving the area.
3. BEWARE of scammers. A scammer is a person who tries to influence you to do something for them, or make you give you something. NEVER "lend" or let someone "borrow" your items. Chances are, they wont give it back. If you really want to lend them something, have them give you an item of equal value. If they agree to do this, they probably aren't trying to scam you. But, its best to refrain from doing this anyways. And, when trading, ALWAYS trade in Pioneer 2 using the Trade Window feature. Dont let anyone force you into Drop trading. (dropping the items) If they force you to do this, odds are, they are trying to scam you. And of course, dont let anyone influence you to give out personal information.
4. REPORT inapropriate users. If you see someone using apropriate language/symbols, severe hacking, or freezing other's games. Use the Online User Abuse Form. This can be located from the Billing Site Homepage.
5. RESPECT others. Do not create a username or game name that would seem offensive to anyone. Do not use offensive/inapropriate language/symbols. Do not hack or freeze anothers game or in any way ruin another's experience online. Remember, you ARE playing with other REAL PEOPLE online, not computers.
6. HAVE FUN! The Online Game portion of PSO1+2 and PSO3 is meant to give you a great time playing PSO with other people around the world. No matter what happens in your "in-game" experience (aka. dying on the boss, failing to complete a mission, etc.) dont get frustrated or bash others. Remember, its only a game, and it is supposed to be a challenge at times. As long as you have fun and respect the rules, you as well as everyone else will have a good time, and others will respect you for your kindness.
MORE INFO---If you ever need any more info, feel free to visit one of the 2 PSO Billing sites, and Click the HELP button to access FAQ's and Customer Support. Plus, use the forums as a guide as well. Others here will help you with the games and you can make trades, arrange games, and more!!
Once again, welcome to the Online Game Community that is, Phantasy Star Online. We hope to see you around!