Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sonic Mania sorta ruined Sonic Generations (2D) for me

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChao~ View Post
    I feel like Sonicteam can get the physics right but they have not really tried to get it right.
    That's probably true.

Also, why did anybody let the awkward super-floaty momentum breaking jump in ShTH pass?!
    "Your adventuring days are coming to an end!"
    -Shadow the Hedgehog, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by the 120cxx View Post
    What about advance & generations 3ds?
    Close, but not really there.

Honestly the closest I felt the feel was really almost there was super sonic's controls in s4e2

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    Now that Sega wants to keep using Classic Sonic as a character in the 3D games they cannot get away with making him control poorly.
    ...It's sega and sonic team we're talking about here...

Quote Originally Posted by PandaChao~ View Post
    I feel like Sonicteam can get the physics right but they have not really tried to get it right.
    That whole team just lacks focus, it's why I didn't like lost world, They're too busy trying to re-invent the wheel, instead of refine it.

The team seems more akin to wanting to throw **** at the wall and seeing if it will stick, rather than taking a working idea and building on it.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: MGS5: THE PHANTOM PAIN
    Bad joke of the week: "Why can't a bicycle stand up on it's own? it's two tired."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    Close, but not really there.

Honestly the closest I felt the feel was really almost there was super sonic's controls in s4e2

...It's sega and sonic team we're talking about here...

That whole team just lacks focus, it's why I didn't like lost world, They're too busy trying to re-invent the wheel, instead of refine it.

The team seems more akin to wanting to throw **** at the wall and seeing if it will stick, rather than taking a working idea and building on it.
    But Super Sonic in S4:II felt exactly like it did in Episode 1. That was one of the big complaints.

Anyway. Compared to Sonic Team, I miss Dimps. They were the creators of the Boost formula that was actually fun.
    The Advance games are great. And Rush is still loads of fun .
    Sonic 4 was where their design decisions started to become questionable, but they were still alright. (As non-sequels to Sonic 3&K, they were actually good!).

I would love them to come back and make Sonic Advance 4 or Sonic Rush 3 and teach Sonic Team that other characters can work in a boost game.Not to mention, multiple characters done right.
    http://orig07.deviantart.net/050d/f/2016/250/f/8/sonic_mania_trailer_mugshots___dlc_by_diegichigo-dagvyp1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by shihe View Post
    But Super Sonic in S4:II felt exactly like it did in Episode 1. That was one of the big complaints.
    I'm saying that super sonic feels in that game close to how sonic feels in the genesis games in his normal form. I can influence his jumps a lot better, as oppose to feeling like he's made out of pure friction in the sonic 4 games.

Sonic 4 was where their design decisions started to become questionable, but they were still alright. (As non-sequels to Sonic 3&K, they were actually good!).
    Problem with sonic 4 is that they gave sonic his slow stiff self from the rush games, but without the boost so speed is something that not only can't be earned, but results in an over reliance on speed boosters and springs to make up for it.

And that's sort of my problem with dimps as a developer, physics aside, their stage designs tend to range from cheap kills with abundance of spike placements and bottomless pits, to meh, having scripted sequences for the sake of spectacle which has been really noticable from sonic advance 2 and on, where it's about having long, drawn out stages for the flashiness of sonic running real fast.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: MGS5: THE PHANTOM PAIN
    Bad joke of the week: "Why can't a bicycle stand up on it's own? it's two tired."

And why they would improve? There are people who buys their stuff, so theres no reason to "fix", neither to improve.

They never gonna learn if there are people who defend them and call anyone who make critics "Sonic haters".
    Last edited by Saberyoko; 10-15-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    Introducing Mephiles 2.0

Woaah! Hez fazter dan Sanic!!1!!!1
    I kan't geti readin Sanic, cuz Im all mezz up! Who am I again??

I'm saying that super sonic feels in that game close to how sonic feels in the genesis games in his normal form.
    I suggest you replay Sonic 4 ep 2 as Super Sonic and the MD Sonic games because Super Sonic in S4E2 has the same physics as modern Sonic in Sonic 4 ep 1.

I sort of see Generations Classic Sonic as its own thing.
    If you give a good idea to a mediocre team, they will screw it up. If you give a mediocre idea to a brilliant team, they will either fix it or throw it away and come up with something better...If you arenít experiencing failure, then you are making a far worse mistake: You are being driven by the desire to avoid it. -Ed Catmull,

Probably because Generations' 2D was 2.5D, you were technically controlling Sonic in 3D, the camera was panned to the side. It didn't have the physics of the 2D games, it had the 3D games' physics.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456