Thread: Is SEGA doing financially good? Any chance SEGA may go bankrupt?

Default Is SEGA doing financially good? Any chance SEGA may go bankrupt?

Not that I'm hoping SEGA goes under, I grew up playing Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) and I loved it but nowadays SEGA games are really lacking and mediocre, especially the Sonic ones. SEGA has so many absolutely fantastic franchises they could be making games of but instead they're not.

I'd love a new Streets of Rage and for some reason that'd feel right on PS4/PC/Switch/Xbox, Sonic exclusively developed by Nintendo (the king of platformers), Shenmue 1-3 on PS4/PC/Switch/Xbox, House of the Dead on PS4/PC/Xbox, etc. So many gems SEGA has but keeps them buried.

No chance of SEGA going bankrupt anytime soon, their latest financial report seemed to be pretty good for them if I remember it correctly.

As for old franchises, they did say that on their "Road to 2020" they plan on bringing back their old IP's so we may see some new installments in some old franchies.

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA MAN1989 View Post
    No chance of SEGA going bankrupt anytime soon, their latest financial report seemed to be pretty good for them if I remember it correctly.

As for old franchises, they did say that on their "Road to 2020" they plan on bringing back their old IP's so we may see some new installments in some old franchies.
    yes.. other companys from sega are strong too, relic, creativ aseembly and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by SonikkuHusbandu View Post
    Not that I'm hoping SEGA goes under, I grew up playing Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) and I loved it but nowadays SEGA games are really lacking and mediocre, especially the Sonic ones. SEGA has so many absolutely fantastic franchises they could be making games of but instead they're not.

I'd love a new Streets of Rage and for some reason that'd feel right on PS4/PC/Switch/Xbox, Sonic exclusively developed by Nintendo (the king of platformers), Shenmue 1-3 on PS4/PC/Switch/Xbox, House of the Dead on PS4/PC/Xbox, etc. So many gems SEGA has but keeps them buried.
    You should try out Yakuza series, especially Yakuza 0. It effectively makes games such as Streets of Rage obsolete.

Also, Sonic exclusively developed by or for Nintendo is a terrible idea. Not only do they have no experience with making Sonic games, it would also be the end of projects like Mania, or fan developed games. Needless to say, it'd be exclusive to the worst system out there.

I think mostly it’s digital content in steam that selling well like sonic mania and Pso

with creative assembly & such, my guess is they're likely healthier than they've been since being bought by sammy. could be wrong, though.