Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuphead vs Knack 2: Which is the better console exclusive?

Default Cuphead vs Knack 2: Which is the better console exclusive?

Sony gets a lot of praise for their console exclusive games, but it is deserved? Why don't we compare two of the most recent console exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One: Cuphead and Knack 2.

I haven't played Knack 2, but I played Knack 1. It wasn't as bad as people said—Knack has a surprisingly deep voice—and Knack 2 is more of the same. It also has a 69 Metacritic score, which is pretty cool.

Cuphead though? Now that's what I call a game! The art style is amazing, the gameplay is thrilling, and the controls are top notch. Knack 2 just doesn't compare.

For having such great console exclusives, Sony's latest two really pale in comparison to Microsoft's.
    #1 Final Fantasy character | #1 Nintendo fan | #1 music artist
    "I'm the coolest." —Me
    Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1691-6470-6620

Sony's 1st party lineups I've always felt have been pretty weak. MS' were always stronger, though MS is certainly going for the Weak Sauce trophy lately.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    Sony's 1st party lineups I've always felt have been pretty weak.
    Good to know I’m not the only one who thought this. With several Sony IP going on the back burner this generation, it really shows how snooze inducing their PS4 output is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Knack 2 is GOTY.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    Good to know I’m not the only one who thought this. With several Sony IP going on the back burner this generation, it really shows how snooze inducing their PS4 output is.
    I still say uncharted 4 is the best game this generation so far.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

I really wish I could play cuphead. Aside from awesome visuals, I've been hearing it's a real old school (8 bit, 16 bit era) hard as **** type of game which sounds awesome.

I actually have the knack 2 demo still on my ps4 that I downloaded the same week I bought the system, I should get around to trying it out.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Knack 2 BAYBEEEEEE-
    A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post

I generally agree, though I don't think Sony's 1st party lineup has been the defining feature of their hardware since the PS2 era.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

I like Sony games. On PS4 I like Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush 2 and Last Guardian.
    I miss Ape Escape and Dark Cloud.

Knack sucks, I probably won't buy the sequel. I want to play Cuphead some day. I know it is on PC but I only buy PC games when I absolutely have to and I doubt the game can run perfectly on my computer.

Played the Knack 2 demo, and I was not impressed, AT ALL!!!

It basically plays (and looks btw) like Jak and Daxter, and I wouldn't have a problem with that if the framerate didn't have unnecessary hiccups, and I don't know why that is since the game looks like a ps3 remaster at best, and that would be cool if Jak and Daxter wasn't already given a 1080p re-remaster (which imo actually looks better)

So yeah, Microsoft/xb1 gamers have cuphead. Nintendo gamers got that SMO game that looks awesome, and ps4 gamers got that ****....right...

Well **** me. lol.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast