Thread: Do NA Jammers make you invisible to close-range radar?

Default Do NA Jammers make you invisible to close-range radar?

Uh you know, the little black box that works regardless of combasses/TCs. I've made a few attempts at sneaking up on folks but they always pick me up. Will a Jammer make you invisible on that too? If that's the case, there's some other rookies out there with tread/splash damage hounds I'd like to have a rematch with.

Also, are smoke rockets plus thermal vision considered cheesy? Lotta builds out there without any do-dads on them.

I'm not sure about the radar thing......

But the smoke w/ thermals is a good strategy if used the right way.
    Status-Retired from Gaming

Banned

The na jammers only work on tactics commander's na. It does not work on the motion tracker in the bottom left of your screen.

That's a shame. Anybody know the range of that detection ability or does it differ by cockpit or something?

Banned

It is specifically stated in the statistics of the part. It's about a hound length in each direction of the central point of the na jammer. The big question is how long it lasts.

I think he meant the sonar detecter. It's fairly close range, around 300 I think, but just a guess.
    300 Xbox 360 Dashboard backgrounds, inc CH - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230303631129

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra N
    I think he meant the sonar detecter. It's fairly close range, around 300 I think, but just a guess.
    I always guessed it at 1 square. So a 2500x2500 board would be 250 and a 3000x3000 would be 300, but like you its just a guess that I've been running with.

if you run a lightly armed scout like me (super fast) charge the tc then turn on you na jammer. then beat feet away from him before turning it off. most of the time he will run and then a sniper can get him or another hound will go help him so it takes one out of the fight. not so use full any more but it was fun

The close range sensor isn't a radar, it's a sonar, so the only way to not show up is to not make a sound I.E. Don't shoot or move your legs (you can rotate though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipside
    Have fun pressing that back button and stroking that little one to your digital gold, it's the only action you'll get

Yay for bumping threads 2 years old?