Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Rayman Legends vs. Sonic Forces

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    But, Idk I'm playing Sonic heroes (xbox version on a 360) and I also replayed some levels of Sonic Generations (360) and I can swear I experience some input lag for the 360 version.

Now, I'm not sure if that really has to do with the games fps, and was that something that was tweaked for generations? Or are you talking about the ps3 version which might not have the same issue? (don't know, I only own and played the 360 version).

Yet every single version of sa2 I've played (dc, gcn, xbla) never once had that problem, so again, maybe that's because of the 60fps in all versions?
    I'd say it's the fps, I play Generations on PC mostly and I have no issues with input lag. Unleashed on either ps3 or x360 on the other hand suffers from it quite heavily at times, likely due to the very inconsistent fps.

For something that is more focused on slower platforming I feel the floaty works better, for something that has high acceleration and speed (like Heroes) I felt the unleashed physics works better.
    This is where I disagree. I think the heavier physics work better even for heavy platforming challenges, which Unleashed has plenty of if we take all acts and DLC into account. Easier to land jumps and keeping a faster pace, makes it more satisfying and it closer resembles the original MD games in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    My point exactly, it wouldn't address any of the issues for those who actually care about playing the game. Only for those who don't.
    Er, what? lol

My proposed story solution would improve the game for people who do care about playing it, though. It's the people who don't care about the game that this story change wouldn't make any difference.

Your logic is backwards. =P
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    My proposed story solution would improve the game for people who do care about playing it,
    No, it wouldn't, as it doesn't address any of the issues that revolve around actually playing the game.

Your logic is backwards. =P
    If anything, it's your logic that is backwards. =P

I'm still kind of surprised that they don't let you play as shadow in all the stages (classic sonic excluded of course).

Shadow is really just a glorified sprite/animation swap with modern sonic, and it's not like it was never established of shadow using weapons (or wispons).
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "Why was Tom Thumb fired as an accountant? he always came up short."

Much like the rest of the game, the whole implementation was lazy and passionless.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 11-22-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Now Playing: South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Persona 5 (PS4)
    Recently Completed: Sonic Forces (PS4), Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4), Sonic Mania (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    Much like the rest of the game, the whole implementation was lazy and passionless.
    It still boggles my mind that this game was the result of 4 years of development.

Colors came out only 2 years after unleashed, and Generations was only two years after that game, and yet in roughly the same time period that it took to make those 2 games...really?

And the more I think about it, the less I feel about the game. It's like Yeah, I've played worse, and it wasn't that bad, but what kind of praise is that?

And yeah the game didn't **** me off or frustrate me like certain sonic games did, and that's a positive, but, idk, I'd still rather some sonic games. Hell, sonic heroes is a game I'm replaying right now which imo is much better despite it's many, MANY flaws and at this point, I'm willing to take unleashed werehog and eggmanland over forces.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "Why was Tom Thumb fired as an accountant? he always came up short."

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021