Thread: X hits 80,000 sales in first week in UK

Default X hits 80,000 sales in first week in UK

The first week sales of Xbox One X is over 80,000 in the UK, GamesIndustry.biz can reveal.

Retailers have shared data that reveal that Microsoft's new super-powered console has sold as many units in its first week as Nintendo Switch did in March (hardware figures are up-weighted 20%. Xbox One X raw data is at 67,000).

It's first week sales are also well ahead of PS4 Pro, which did a little over 50,000 back in November 2016. Indeed, it took PS4 Pro four weeks to reach the same number.

Source: games industry.biz
    Great start for the X in the UK.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

Nice to see! It will be interesting to see how many of that figure are purchasing a Xbox 1 for the 1st time and how many are upgrading to Xbox 1 X. Good start that's for sure

Proud member of The Tails Fan Club
    RubyEclipse = SEGA LEGEND

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Emeralds View Post
    Nice to see! It will be interesting to see how many of that figure are purchasing a Xbox 1 for the 1st time and how many are upgrading to Xbox 1 X. Good start that's for sure
    Im sure microsoft doesnt care if they're upgrades or new purchases. Either way they make money. They're completely sold out around here most of the time and when they stock it doesn't last long. Target seems to be doing better than any retailer around here getting stock. They constantly have had switches, snes minis and X's.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

UK is doing a good job making people go crazy and scream UK doesn't matter this week

Quote Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
    Im sure microsoft doesnt care if they're upgrades or new purchases. Either way they make money.
    Are they making money though with the 1x? I'm assuming at best they're breaking even.

Anywho, good for the xb1. Was kind of jealous of the guy in front of me who got got a xb1x and sonic forces at best buy when I was getting my ps4 version, thinking he was going to have the best version money could buy, then I heard the game had trouble running at 1800p, so meh.

Kind of hard my eye on a og xb1 though. Might have a co-worker that might be willing to part with it for about 150, and if so, I might just "jump in" before the year is over.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "Why was Tom Thumb fired as an accountant? he always came up short."

Now Playing: South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Persona 5 (PS4)
    Recently Completed: Sonic Forces (PS4), Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4), Sonic Mania (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54