Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mario Bros. Animated Movie Coming from Illumination

Default Mario Bros. Animated Movie Coming from Illumination

Negotiations between Nintendo and Illumination have gone on for more than a year, and coincides with a deal struck last year for Universal theme parks to build attractions based on the Mario Bros. property. The video gameís creator, Shigeru Miyamoto, is expected to be a producer on the film and have a say in the creative development, alongside Illuminationís CEO Chris Meledandri. The film is still in the early stages of planning and wouldnít come out for several years, and would be animated at Illuminationís Paris-based studio Mac Guff.9
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...exYXbkj6qQV.99
    "You're watching a Poster!"

It could be interesting. Illumination is a good animated film studio.

I do wish this project the best, though Mario might be one of their most challenging properties to give a feature film treatment. At least compared to the ones where plot is more of a thing than it tends to be in a main Mario platformer (though the Mario RPGs do pretty good on that front too. And for the platformers, I did say 'tends to be.' I know there are a couple of exceptions).

I bet it won't be as good as the classic Mario cartoons.

1) Mario won't talk or have a personality of any kind.
    2) Creepy Princess Peach/Bowser chemistry reminiscent of Sonic/Elise (and unlike gamers, moviegoers won't go "Oh it's Nintendo so it's okay if it's weird!")
    3) Luigi will be a moron.
    4) No "Toad" character.
    5) Yoshi will have stupid voice.
    6) Peach will be a moron and not independent like in the classic Mario cartoon.
    7) No John Leguizamo? No thank you!

A Zelda cartoon would be better based on Breath of the Wild where Zelda is cool and Link's a jerk and Ganon's a big ball of gas.
    #1 Final Fantasy character | #1 Nintendo fan | #1 music artist
    "I'm the coolest." óMe
    Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1691-6470-6620

Illumination is an awful studio. I don't think they've made a single truly good movie. Everything of theirs ranges from tolerable to trash.
    I play a lot of League of Legends. I currently have Mastery 7 on fifteen champions: Vi (jungle), Tristana (ADC), Lulu (support), Nautilus (support), Sona (support), Bard (support), Rumble (jungle), Poppy (support), Zyra (support), Nami (support), Soraka (support), Miss Fortune (ADC), Leona (support), Shen (jungle), Kog'maw (ADC)

Quote Originally Posted by Waffletiger View Post
    Illumination is an awful studio. I don't think they've made a single truly good movie. Everything of theirs ranges from tolerable to trash.
    So in other words, it'll fall in line with the rest of the Mario cartoons and movies produced over the years.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    So in other words, it'll fall in line with the rest of the Mario cartoons and movies produced over the years.
    True.
    I play a lot of League of Legends. I currently have Mastery 7 on fifteen champions: Vi (jungle), Tristana (ADC), Lulu (support), Nautilus (support), Sona (support), Bard (support), Rumble (jungle), Poppy (support), Zyra (support), Nami (support), Soraka (support), Miss Fortune (ADC), Leona (support), Shen (jungle), Kog'maw (ADC)

I mean, I thought the Despicable Me series was pretty excellent and Minions was at least fine. To be fair, along with subjectivity, those are the only films I know them for. XD

They also did Hop, Thr Lorax, Sing, and The Secret Life of Pets. Now, to be fair, these films are aimed at children. But Pixar and Disney, and sometimes even Dreamworks, can make their films capable of still being intelligent and relevant to adults. Illumination does not appear to have that ability. Their least offensive works, Sing and the first Despicable Me, are still just meh. The majority of their filmography is embarrassing. It doesn't even treat children with respect. Minions is easily the worst offender here.

Lol I have no idea why my post was deleted. I wasn't insulting anyone; I was stating an actual fact, which is that I wouldn't normally watch newly released children's movies as an adult.

The only exception I can think of for this entire decade so far is Zootopia, and that was because I wanted to know what my local furry friends were talking about.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

I've seen all this stuff cuz I have very young family members nearby. My sister has a rather large family. Also, Zootopia is legit awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast