Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mario Bros. Animated Movie Coming from Illumination

Yeah, Zootopia was a pretty decent buddy cop flick, and it dealt with its themes of racism and prejudice in a more subtle and nuanced way than your average Oscar bait movie, so it does have that much going for it.

By contrast, I expect the Mario movie to have no more depth or meaning beyond the basic "good vs. evil" themes of a Saturday morning cartoon, and with Miyamoto having any amount of creative control over the project, I'm already imagining there being no spoken dialogue from its three central characters aside from random noises and exclamations. Instead, there will probably be characters off to the side of Mario / Bowser speaking dialogue for them, which would be jarring in a film to say the least.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Waffletiger View Post
    I've seen all this stuff cuz I have very young family members nearby. My sister has a rather large family. Also, Zootopia is legit awesome.
    Indeed, it is. The best animated film of 2016 for me personally that nailed pretty much each aspect of it with a message that couldn't be more relevant.

Yeah, I'm not saying Illumination is Walt Disney Animation (not even close). I'm pretty sure it's only that studio because of Nintendo's already existing deal/partnership with Universal Studios.

You know, Universal's also gonna bring about a supposed Stinkburger of a movie, called "Woody Wood." It's a Live-Action Film with the CGI Crazy bird, and it features Eric Bauza as the voice of Woody. It'll be on DVD and Digital on February 6. From what I've heard, it's actually funnier than similar films like Yogi Bear, The Alvin & The Chipmunks films, the Garfield Films and others like them.
    Look, just get a copy a good game, and play it, and you'll be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12