Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Copped FFXV

Apparently there was an update to the game, and episode Ignis Launched, so thoughts on those in a bit.

Btw, SL, the last act of the game, who did you play as, Noct, or Gladio and Ignis? Because I never did the segment of Gladio and Ignis and interested what's different about their campaign.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 15 DLC (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "Did you hear the joke about the roof? Never mind, it's over your head."

Hopefully Episode Ignis is better than the other two. Gladio's was alright, if very brief, but I found Prompto's one very dull. Here's hoping they saved the best til last.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: GOOCH3R
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2375-2456-6218

Quote Originally Posted by - Gooch - View Post
    Hopefully Episode Ignis is better than the other two. Gladio's was alright, if very brief, but I found Prompto's one very dull. Here's hoping they saved the best til last.
    So far it's pretty fun, reminds me lot of Arkham Knight actually, since you get a grappling hook early on and you run along roof tops dropping down to fight mooks.

Haven't played prompto's one yet, but I'll heed the warning, already setting my expectations low. lol.
    Bad joke of the week: "Did you hear the joke about the roof? Never mind, it's over your head."

So has anyone played any of the extra dlc stuff?

Since its more story focused and I enjoyed the second linear half of the game very much I'm just trying to figure out if I'll enjoy this stuff.

I download assassin because is free but i'm curious on all the other stuff too.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    Apparently there was an update to the game, and episode Ignis Launched, so thoughts on those in a bit.

Btw, SL, the last act of the game, who did you play as, Noct, or Gladio and Ignis? Because I never did the segment of Gladio and Ignis and interested what's different about their campaign.
    Ooookay. So that's where i'm at now. Is this the part you guys are irritated with?

I mean, it's different and kind of strange lol. I'm doing Noct's segment and it's really tense. Like it turned into RE for this one part and doesn't really fit into the game at all.

I stopped midway through it cause it got late.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post

Just Noct for me. I don't think Gladio or Ignis were an option in my game at that time, could be wrong though. I'm kinda confused by what was added post-patch and what wasn't honestly.

I mean, it's different and kind of strange lol. I'm doing Noct's segment and it's really tense. Like it turned into RE for this one part and doesn't really fit into the game at all. I mean, it's different and kind of strange lol. I'm doing Noct's segment and it's really tense. Like it turned into RE for this one part and doesn't really fit into the game at all.
    Yeah so in the pre-patched version of the game, the way to take down enemies with that spell move took FAR longer, like draining their HP with that was ridiculously slow, and I guess its power was increased majorly with the patch. You can see for yourself, I copied the URL to a "battle scene" with how the game originally was;

https://youtu.be/ANMIoim_i0o?t=1964

Now Playing: Persona 5 (PS4)
    Recently Completed: South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
    So has anyone played any of the extra dlc stuff?

Since its more story focused and I enjoyed the second linear half of the game very much I'm just trying to figure out if I'll enjoy this stuff.

I download assassin because is free but i'm curious on all the other stuff too.

I bought all 3 episodes but I only played gladio and Ignis dlc thus far. Each adds about another hour (unless you choose to replay with the other options/slightly extended goals for the second or so playthroughs)

Story wise, I like what they bring to the table (though I do question why plot points weren't in the original game). They're about 5 bucks each, so do I think they're worth it? eh... They're not overpriced for what they are, but at the same time I have bought actual entire games for the same amount of money.

Whelp, looks like Gooch was 2 for 2 in this thread. You know how we're talking about how the final 1/3 of the game is more or less an re rippoff....

Friggin Prompto's dlc is that same area (granted, pre-noct and the others arrival) and instead of using a magic ring...you shoot guns...AND THERE IS EVEN A SNOWMOBILE SEGMENT!!!

Oh and every once in a while a magiteck knight will grab you and qte to press r1 to shoot it in the face. Man, what a load.

I haven't even finished it yet, I got so bored I just stopped and started browsing psn. lol.

Just finished the game and I'm pleased to say that the final 1/3 of the game didn't alter my opinion about it. What a truly fantastic FF game. Definitely cementing itself as one of my favorite FF games.

That ending? Damn, crazy tragic and different from previous entries. I really had a hell of a time with this game and may even jump back in to complete more quests.

The ending with FF theme gave me chills, and legitimately felt for the characters, especially Ignis. I really enjoyed that these guys had a great relationship and it played out so well with legit voice acting. It was interesting to see how the journey effected them all in different ways. I really enjoyed the development of Noctis' character.

Highly recommend it to any FF fan or new JRPG player.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I wish I could re-experience the game with the improvements made to the final 1/3 but I definitely won't be doing that.

I also enjoyed the game a ton. Something different for sure and not where I want the series to hear narratively but a great open world game.

Now Playing: Persona 5 (PS4)
    Recently Completed: South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345