Thread: Anyone think this would be a good plot for a Sonic anime?

Lightbulb Anyone think this would be a good plot for a Sonic anime?

Hey guys! I'm totally new here, so I don't even know if this is the right category to make this in, but
    I've had it on my mind for quite a while and wanted to see what you all thought of it.

Wouldn't it be cool if Sonic Riders got an anime? I mean, I know the series itself is pretty old, and the newest addition to the series got some significant backlash for it's odd controls, but I think the world itself would lend really well to a Sonic anime! It's based mostly in futuristic cities (which could be made grungier for the anime to add depth) and the fact that Sonic isn't just running everywhere gives a good base for more different things happening then might have occured in X or Boom. The fact that he also has a racing rival and the z-grav gauntlets could make for some interesting plot points too. I think a reboot/spin of the series in the form of an anime would be really cool,
    I think the Riders outfits and xtreme gear deserve more love and an anime would do just that.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think about it! I'd love to see more people that enjoyed the Riders games as kids. Loved Zero Gravity to death. xD

if there is a sonic anime a want it to be canon

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDarkSpineBigTheCat View Post
    if there is a sonic anime a want it to be canon
    Yeah, I getcha. Idk, I just feel like using Riders would give us a chance to see something that isn't the normal Sonic and gives us some more edge. idk. ^^

Riders is a bit dated at this point and there seems to be little interest in revisiting it. The chance of getting a show based off of it is probably close to zero. The chance of a Riders-like arc in a future comic or show may be somewhat better.
    I played through Amy's portion of Sonic Forces, and enjoyed
    ITSMYTURNNOW93.EXE HAS ENCOUNTERED AN EXCEPTION AND NEEDS TO CLOSE:
    FLOATING POINT DIVISION BY ZERO
    Why are Sonic's friends not playable when they form the core of the resistance?

Senior Member ShadowTheUltimate's Avatar

Riders is a great game and it would be pretty great to see a show based off of it. There is a lot of material in it and plenty to run with. I'd watch it, especially if they put Shadow to good use.
    "I made a promise and I'm here to keep it."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTheUltimate View Post
    Riders is a great game and it would be pretty great to see a show based off of it. There is a lot of material in it and plenty to run with. I'd watch it, especially if they put Shadow to good use.
    Totally agree! I think shadow could really shine in a Riders series. I know it's a bit dated but I think

A) a show would bring back interest, and

B) there's enough unique stuff that hasn't been explored in the genre that a show about it
    would help round it out more, I think. ^^

Senior Member ShadowTheUltimate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm185 View Post
    Totally agree! I think shadow could really shine in a Riders series. I know it's a bit dated but I think

A) a show would bring back interest, and

B) there's enough unique stuff that hasn't been explored in the genre that a show about it
    would help round it out more, I think. ^^
    Especially with Shadow's skates. He could possibly get an upgrade from Tails with the same color scheme as long as the designers don't **** it up, which they probably would. That and the Chaos powers vs. the power of the Babylonians would be fun to watch.
    "I made a promise and I'm here to keep it."