Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Look alive people! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out next week!

Default Look alive people! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out next week!

That's right ladies and gentlemen, we're mere DAYS from the release of a new Xenoblade title and I couldn't be more excited if I tried. It's painful but alas I will endure the pain. Some say it's about the journey and not the destination but in that case they are lying scoundrels. Welcome to my hype thread where we can ponder such question as: "how did Monolithsoft get this game out in two years while also helping on BOTW?", "Where do they get the funds to even make a game of this scale?", "Where did they get the funds to get famous voice actors for each rare Blade?", "Will Takahashi crucify anyone in this game?", "Will game details ever actually leak BECAUSE THE ENTIRETY OF POKEMON ULTRA AND MARIO ODYSSEY WAS OUT BY NOW AND I'M DONE WAITING?".

And personally I have the special edition reserved because the gamestop employee was very convincing and I'm a gigantic sucker for anything Xenoblade.

Here's a neat new trailer for your liking-
    Last edited by diakyu; 11-25-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    "I have friends I want by my side even if they're not strong. So if I don't get stronger, I'll lose all of them. I came up with a way to fight with all my might... so that I won't lose anyone... so that no one will go far away." Monkey D. Luffy

-Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Oh yeah. Not only one of the best JRPGs from Nintendo, but one of the best JRPGs period is getting a new entry.

I am looking forward to this like you wouldn't believe. First was excellent, X was an interesting take using our universe as the setting, and the second looks amazingly epic.

And Tetsuya Nomura (a character designer first and foremost, but he's also the project head of Kingdom Hearts) even did some of the character designs in this game. That's an awesome bit of trivia.

The first day of December will see me buying my first and only game of December other than possible eShop purchases. Yeah, I only mean major physical games when I say the only one.

Meh, looks alright.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    And Tetsuya Nomura (a character designer first and foremost, but he's also the project head of Kingdom Hearts) even did some of the character designs in this game. That's an awesome bit of trivia.
    He designed the entirety of Torna, which is the antagonist group (which lets be real, this is Takahashi, are likely the good guys). Surprised they gave him such a big role. Each rare blade is designed by a renowned guest designer, so Nomura getting the spotlight amongst them is notable.
    "I have friends I want by my side even if they're not strong. So if I don't get stronger, I'll lose all of them. I came up with a way to fight with all my might... so that I won't lose anyone... so that no one will go far away." Monkey D. Luffy

I'm finally buying a Switch next Friday. Do we know if one can play this game without playing Xenoblade 1/X before and understand the plot properly?
    3DS FC: 5086-2063-4318. Add me!
    (And if you do, PM me with yours...)

I like this trailer better. The animations on the characters faces are really good. It's very anime. I guess that's a big change from the first game. I think it works well for the Switch audience though, leave the serious games to PS4 and XBOX One

Don't worry, if this game's as user-unfriendly as Chronicles X was, it'll be too hardcore for PS4/XBO gamers too lol.

I've been playing JRPGs since 1999 (including the Xenosaga games from this same studio) and I could not be motivated to figure out all the **** X wanted you to figure out lol. If you didn't study the instruction manual you would not learn the game.

This series (and most things from Monolith) always did have a fairly large anime-influenced aesthetic.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 11-26-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)

This appears to be the Xenoblade 2 commercial, I've already seen it a couple times online;

Lol surprised to see that Nintendo's finally chosen to market the game in English! 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by WolfI View Post
    I'm finally buying a Switch next Friday. Do we know if one can play this game without playing Xenoblade 1/X before and understand the plot properly?
    You should be good to go. It's a new cast and setting. The reason why this is "Chronicles 2" is because it is structured closer to the original game with a focused story while X had this experimental open-ended design.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast