Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Look alive people! Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out next week!

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So it has been revealed that KOS-MOS was the secret guest blade. Xenosaga HD collection incoming?
    Hey, that'd be cool. I know Nintendo has a working relationship with Namco, so it could be possible.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

That'd be awesome. I love Xenosaga, which was my entryway into the Xeno franchise. (I played Xenogears retroactively and it was my driving factor for playing Xenoblade)

Looking toward to it, but I still have quite a few games left to finish.
    A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat.

Huh, it's odd that Takahashi was so adamant about it being fine to play this while not playing the first when (giant spoilers, enter at own risk)-
    "I have friends I want by my side even if they're not strong. So if I don't get stronger, I'll lose all of them. I came up with a way to fight with all my might... so that I won't lose anyone... so that no one will go far away." Monkey D. Luffy

Xenosaga Remasters would need fairly major reworking I feel like. The first game doesn't have any music outside of combat and cutscenes, and only 1 battle theme (even for bosses.)

The 2nd game is a mess pacing wise, and the censorship throughout for the Western releases needs to be removed for me to even consider a 2nd go-round.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    Xenosaga Remasters would need fairly major reworking I feel like. The first game doesn't have any music outside of combat and cutscenes, and only 1 battle theme (even for bosses.)

The 2nd game is a mess pacing wise, and the censorship throughout for the Western releases needs to be removed for me to even consider a 2nd go-round.
    Wait... Xenoblade 1 had more music than that. Are you confusing it with another game? People praised music like Gaur Plains.
    More than one boss theme too. "Obstacle in Our Path" and "You Will Know our Names"

The censorship for X was mostly for certain costumes with Lyn. Who is 13. I want my games uncut as well (Tokyo Mirage Sessions was absurd) but this one I was okay with the changes.

He was actually referring to something Diakyu brought up about a hypothetical remastering of Xenosaga due to KOS-MOS being confirmed by Nintendo as being in this game as a Rare Blade.

I agree with you BTW. (Though TMS examples didn't bother me anymore than Xenoblade X did, which was very little)

I can't believe we're only a day away. I can't wait.
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 11-30-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Hey guys, GameSpot just gave Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a 7/10

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/xen.../1900-6416821/

(makes a run for it)
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    Wait... Xenoblade 1 had more music than that. Are you confusing it with another game? People praised music like Gaur Plains.
    More than one boss theme too. "Obstacle in Our Path" and "You Will Know our Names"

The censorship for X was mostly for certain costumes with Lyn. Who is 13. I want my games uncut as well (Tokyo Mirage Sessions was absurd) but this one I was okay with the changes.
    Xenosaga is what I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    Hey guys, GameSpot just gave Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a 7/10

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/xen.../1900-6416821/

(makes a run for it)
    Kinda what I expected; game fails to properly explain itself to you just like X did, and shame on Nintendo for cheaping out with the voice acting, but that was unsurprising given their hesitancy to market the game with the English voice acting.

I hope Monolith gives this series a rest after this, personally.

The frustration arises, however, from the lack of reference material, which makes your desire to improve, or your ability to chase hidden paths with dangerous enemies and great rewards, difficult to realize at first. Take screenshots when the game presents you with a tutorial, because once you move to the next text bubble, that info is otherwise lost. The only other recourse is to purchase bitesized tips from informants throughout the game, though linking partial tutorials to a merchant is hardly user-friendly, and they don't adequately cover the breadth of Xenoblade 2's mechanics.
    Come on Monolith..... =\

Merchants in general even manage to be confusing at first, as one location will cram as many as a dozen in a small area. Characters can carry items in special pouches that buff certain stats, such as meter generation, and while some are incredibly useful to the point of eliminating the need to grind, it's a slow process to familiarize yourself with the dozens of options available to you, and the numerous merchants that specialize in one category apiece. This also extends to a vast selection of accessories for characters and Blades, which are difficult to keep track of and compare given the game's mediocre item-management interface. Variety is good, but Xenoblade 2 throws you into the deep end a bit too early for you to appreciate the value of everything at your disposal.
    That said it's currently averaging an 84 Metacritic, which is pretty good, but not a game I'd personally enjoy I feel.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 11-30-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Monolithsoft, especially after X, is a developer that doesn't give a crap about explaining its systems. I've come to expect it.

Derrick from Gamexplain (yeah I know "LOL NINTENDO SHILLS" and all, but you can see his full impressions of 1 as he has a blind playthrough on the channel) says it's his game of the year even before Mario and Zelda so I'm down for tomorrow to come.
    Last edited by diakyu; 11-30-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    "I have friends I want by my side even if they're not strong. So if I don't get stronger, I'll lose all of them. I came up with a way to fight with all my might... so that I won't lose anyone... so that no one will go far away." Monkey D. Luffy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast