Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation Experience 2017

Default PlayStation Experience 2017

Not long until PlayStation Experience now guys. Do you think Atlus/SEGA could announce Kiwami 2 and/or Hokuto Ga Gotoku?.

I hope for at least Kiwami 2, though I'm a huge Hokuto no Ken fan, I just feel SEGA may want to give priority to Yakuza, which is totally fine by me. You never know, giving the overwhelming response they've received since the announcement, they may very well confirm both, they haven't let us down the last couple of Experience events, let's hope they make it a hat-trick 😉

I highly doubt it. The localization bros work at a snail's pace, so unless Yakuza games are a mediocre cash grab all of a sudden or Kiryu dresses up as Sonic it ain't happening. They probably will say they'll localize it and just that, then go two years without a word while Ryu Ga Gotoku studios publishes 4 games. It's like a fat, sonic cosplaying, special needs child racing against Usain Bolt. We all applause but not because they're good but because they're not puking up and defecating all over the place. Think I'm kidding? They're doing a Let's Play of Yakuza 0 every Friday A YEAR AFTER ITS RELEASE, I'm amazed by their work ethic. Even when they're slacking off on the company's time they're behind schedule.
    Last edited by Diceman; 11-28-2017 at 04:07 AM.

I hope we get an announcement for Hokuto Ga Gotoku.

Kiwami 2 localization is pretty safe, Nagoshi said that it's thanks to western Kiwami 1 good preorders numbers that Kiwami 2 development was greenlighted, so...
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/11403311736_d9378cea2e_o.jpg
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    (...) Nagoshi said that it's thanks to western Kiwami 1 good preorders numbers that Kiwami 2 development was greenlighted, so...
    Do you have a link to this interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitano-san View Post
    Do you have a link to this interview?
    I believe this is the interview. No English subs though. The info is legit, as several sources confirmed the translation at the time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B4YZyHW5Pp4

Yeah, so don't worry about Kiwami 2.

the real worry here is Hokuto Ga Gotoku.
    We want Panzer Dragoon SAGA 2 RPG on PS4 and other home consoles, please Sega, please Nagoshi!

Worry about WHEN it's coming out. Because this console generation is coming to an end and we might have a Yakuza 5 situation. If it wasn't for Sony we wouldn't have Yakuza 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Worry about WHEN it's coming out. Because this console generation is coming to an end and we might have a Yakuza 5 situation. If it wasn't for Sony we wouldn't have Yakuza 5.
    I don't thinks that's the case, PS4 can still go for many years, Switch was just released and Xbox One X and PS4 Pro seems a failure that means that people had enough of buying new hardware.

Unless Sony screw everything and announce a PS5 sooner, we should stay fine even with the usual year delay for Sega releases.

Nintendo is on a whole other spectrum with their product life cycle, and mid life cycle upgrades don't compare to new hardware releases. You just can't judge consumer behavior based on that, it's about the previous and current market cycles. When that next leap in hardware is here expect more people to buy consoles, just the way it always been.

I'm really talking about why you should be worried about Hokuto Ga Gotoko not being localized. Graphics and outdated mechanics have always been a complaint in Yakuza games outside of Japan for a reason, being outdated did hurt the series. Nagoshi's team seems to put out games in yearly plans to reach specific time periods and you can be sure that profits are considered in planning the release dates accordingly. So when when Sega stretches releases too far apart they're really not looking at long term threats.

So the point I'm trying to make is, skipping a year might be okay for hardcore fans who are going to buy it anyway, but it will damage the series and sales, and we have two games released by the end of a console's life cycle to back me up: Yakuza 2 which failed sales-wise and became difficult to buy shortly after its release all the way up to this day, hurting the series some more. Add to that Yakuza 5 which was NOT going to be localized if Sony didn't step in, and was released digital-only and had plenty of localization errors. The only thing that makes sense is if they can catch up to the Japanese releases.

From what I've heard that's exactly what they want to do, but at this rate of efficiency - or lack thereof - it's worrying, and even if we are getting the games without much begging we can't give Sega props for that. It seems like the series continues to be mismanaged by the Western division. I don't understand how can a localization job can take longer than developing an entire game. I don't know if it's the low budget because the more you stretch out a project the more money the company uses to feed it. It's what got Kojima fired right? He used an out of schedule and over budget project to hold Konami ransom basically.
    Last edited by Diceman; 11-29-2017 at 10:32 AM.

As selfish as it sounds, I don't want to see anymore Yakuza games right after releasing 2 games this year and one coming in spring next year. They need give us something new because the past few years at the PlayStation Experience all they have shown was Yakuza and it's getting repetitive, all they can do is show us more VC4 or announce Shining Resonance or A Certain Virtual On localization. In other words the Yakuza needs to go FAR FAR away for over staying it's welcome and the fact games aren't selling well, you guys can give the series a rest can you?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast