Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation Experience 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    @cityhunter I agree with you on that. Worldwide release would definitely be the best option. All the waiting is brutal, and you can't expect players to remember Yakuza Kiwami 1 after a year and a half. If theres a risk for saturation quality releases and proper marketing should cover it. I believe Kiwami should have been marketed as an expansion or something. I'd buy you the games but I'm worried you'll get fatigued.
    I believe a Worldwide release would be the end to all of our problems. If Ubisoft can to do it for Assassin's Creed, SEGA can for Yakuza.
    I understand AC is for the International market, and Yakuza for Japan - but, Nagoshi San stated that Kiwami 2 was being developed because of the West, and the sales Zero has accrued along with the pre-order figures for Kiwami, isn't that a way of saying it is intended for the Western market?.
    Kiwami 2 will likely be out before the end of next year (I hope) and fingers crossed for an announcement next week.

UPDATE
    On this week's Yakuza Zero LIVE stream, Scott & Sam confirm no announcements are coming next week.

https://youtu.be/SZG1Cx_acQk?t=4292

6 is going to get all the spotlight for now, so they won't announce anything more yet. Probably not until 6 is out.
    Last edited by Kenshiro80; 12-01-2017 at 04:18 PM.

I'm not getting defensive, just annoyed honestly.

We can argue the finer points why these games take quality into consideration, and how they evolve in quality but if you don't like the genre then you're biased and there is no point if you cant relate what I'm saying to experience. I understand that its not your thing, just understand that other people get it and they love these games.

Yakuza 6 has Puyo Puyo and VF5 among other stuff, no microtransactions and free DLC. Give it some props. You can't compare em to COD or AC for obvious reasons. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I'm willing to buy you a couple of Yakuza games seriously If you live in my area. We can meet in a mall or something so you won't think I'm psycho, try em, send me your completion message and then tell me what you think.
    Really because it sound like you don't like the things I said. But seriously you are asking me to like these games, to understand these games and they should be respected but all of a sudden I'm biased because of a genre? I have played games with the same genre and they were better, my criticism towards Yakuza is repeating the same thing with each installment and it wasn't getting any better. Diceman, I gave these games like 3 chances and they all struck out. And yes I'm going to compare it to COD and Assassin's Creed why? Fans of those franchises admit that it's the same thing every year and yes it's easy to put Yakuza right next to those franchises. Look at Assassin's Creed, Syndicate was more well received than Unity but sold worse why because fans were fatigue, they said to Ubisoft that they want a break from the series. Look at Yakuza, it same thing over and over again. You can make the games improved or put on a different engine or no microtransaction or minigames that is not worth full retail, I just don't care. Lastly, I know what I'm talking about, you just don't like me saying negative things about Yakuza. Secondly, if you buy me these games I will just say no thanks save your money or I'll trade them away or give them to charity because my opinion isn't going to change about Yakuza.

Quote Originally Posted by City Hunter View Post
    @BlueAdeptRogue

I know how you feel, but there's no need to be harsh toward the Yakuza series anymore since Sega Japan finally understood that we can't have only Yakuza and Sonic on console are are making many other console games (a new Virtual On, Shining Resonance Refrain, Valkyria 4 etc.).

Not to mention that even Yakuza Studio is improving, Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 are made with a brand new engine and system and I can say after tried both that they are two fresh experiences, more similar to Shenmue), even Hokuto Ga Gotoku will not be just a reskin, it's just borrowing the open world system and the vocie actors but it will be a different game and a new experience, and a dream come true for the fans of the manga/anime.

Things are improving guys, let' hope that things will continue improving and that we will receive all these games in the West,

(sorry guys for the triple post )
    The guy who wants western games to flop telling me not to be harsh towards Yakuza? ok?
    On a serious note, if you feel me you should know about Yakuza's predicament here in the west right? I care about Sega getting better by not just improving their games but release brand new games. Yakuza, the series that has trouble of selling here, a series hemorrhage a lot of Sega's money over games that could of been brought over but dropped away for more Yakuza games to localized. It's like Nagoshi want's this series to be your girlfriend but can't do anything to please you. And again, I couldn't care if the next titles are on different engine or deliver new experience, I'm not wasting 60 dollars on full priced rehashed games. Thank god for VC4 being a prime example of a worldwide release. Because at least that series knows what it caters.

Game aint for everyone but if you're going to criticize something be knowledgeable about it. Ubisoft's case is more complicated than franchise fatigue, they are clueless liars basically. Its simply not the same thing, but shared elements just like any other genre. Dismiss it all you want but yes you are biased because you just admitted to it and your parroted opinion doesnt amount to nothing because you don't know what you're talking about. If a game offers variety and changes core combat guess what? Its not the same thing.

Game aint for everyone but if you're going to criticize something be knowledgeable about it. Ubisoft's case is more complicated than franchise fatigue, they are clueless liars basically. Its simply not the same thing, but shared elements just like any other genre. Dismiss it all you want but yes you are biased because you just admitted to it and your parroted opinion doesnt amount to nothing because you don't know what you're talking about. If a game offers variety and changes core combat guess what? Its not the same thing.
    I'm knowledgeable enough to know it's a action adventure open world series with a lot of problems and I'm not scared to admit things and sidestepping to know why series has not done well over the past decade like you do. I have already explained why I don't Yakuza. The series isn't like Zelda or the Tales where those games offers variety and changes into the core mechanics, while Yakuza just like COD and AC doesn't, those games have no identity cause it does the same thing. Stop being defensive about the Yakuza series and don't slander people like myself because we have enough to reasons of why we can't get excited nor care about the franchise like you do. And that I got bad news for this topic
    http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/...yakuza-at-PSX/

Wow. Thanks for the input Mr. Annoying but nobody cares, especially if you "played enough". This is why reviewers play the games fully before a final score. You're below an IGN reviewer. You don't like the games? Boo hoo. It ain't for you, you're missin out. This guy goes from forum to another starting arguments and spreading negative bs. You're so whiny. If you don't like it shove off. If you couldn't finish it, sucks for you. You still don't know what you're talking about. Want me to end this? Yakuza 5 is nothin like Yakuza 1. Now leave my sight permanently, or if you wanna throw another fit by yourself you're welcome. Here's a tip: don't talk about things you know nothing about if you don't want to look like a whiny idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiro80 View Post
    UPDATE (...) On this week's Yakuza Zero LIVE stream, Scott & Sam confirm no announcements are coming next week.
    No press show and no RGG/Yakuza Studio announcements - PSX 2017 is huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitano-san View Post
    No press show and no RGG/Yakuza Studio announcements - PSX 2017 is huge disappointment.
    I agree. Inspite of the overwhelming positive response to both of the surveys that followed the Kiwami 2/Hokuto ga Gotoku announcement - they have nothing.
    Buzz kill.

I highly doubt it. The localization bros work at a snail's pace, so unless Yakuza games are a mediocre cash grab all of a sudden or Kiryu dresses up as Sonic it ain't happening. They probably will say they'll localize it and just that, then go two years without a word while Ryu Ga Gotoku studios publishes 4 games. It's like a fat, sonic cosplaying, special needs child racing against Usain Bolt. We all applause but not because they're good but because they're not puking up and defecating all over the place. Think I'm kidding? They're doing a Let's Play of Yakuza 0 every Friday A YEAR AFTER ITS RELEASE, I'm amazed by their work ethic. Even when they're slacking off on the company's time they're behind schedule.
    I have read the future.

Scott and Sam: "PLZ GIVE US PROPS WE RELEASED THEM EVERY 6 MONTHS" that's because you've fallen so far behind and on the verge of abandoning the series after Yakuza 5. "WAT OTHER STUDIO DOES THIS?!" Other studios would not put themselves in this situation! They release games with 7 languages. Let's face it guys, if Yakuza was on PC people would already localize EVERYTHING and catch up to Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios already. I never thought I'd say it but I feel sorry that PC is a horrible platform for games because we would not have to rely on incompetent heels, and idiotic heads like Western Sega.

PS. Also, props to Nagoshi for staying away from the blue hemorrhoid that's ruining Sega's image.

Last edited by Diceman; 12-04-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Wow. Thanks for the input Mr. Annoying but nobody cares, especially if you "played enough". This is why reviewers play the games fully before a final score. You're below an IGN reviewer. You don't like the games? Boo hoo. It ain't for you, you're missin out. This guy goes from forum to another starting arguments and spreading negative bs. You're so whiny. If you don't like it shove off. If you couldn't finish it, sucks for you. You still don't know what you're talking about. Want me to end this? Yakuza 5 is nothin like Yakuza 1. Now leave my sight permanently, or if you wanna throw another fit by yourself you're welcome. Here's a tip: don't talk about things you know nothing about if you don't want to look like a whiny idiot.
    How petty,childish and low can you possible get. You are becoming a big salty fanboy on someone on the internet who doesn't like a series and you are throwing a tantrum because the series isn't getting enough recognition from general audience. You should be grateful I gave Yakuza 3 chances, and they struck out. Yeah I'm the whiny one here who doesn't know what I'm talking about. I don't lash out on the person because they can't see the games that I do and try to meet them in person so I can give a couple games so that could convince them to like it. Sorry but I'm not missing out(Yes I don't care about the other playable characters or the small improvements.). But of course your next post is going to get worse on your part.
    I have read the future.

Scott and Sam: "PLZ GIVE US PROPS WE RELEASED THEM EVERY 6 MONTHS" that's because you've fallen so far behind and on the verge of abandoning the series after Yakuza 5. "WAT OTHER STUDIO DOES THIS?!" Other studios would not put themselves in this situation! They release games with 7 languages. Let's face it guys, if Yakuza was on PC people would already localize EVERYTHING and catch up to Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios already. I never thought I'd say it but I feel sorry that PC is a horrible platform for games because we would not have to rely on incompetent heels, and idiotic heads like Western Sega.

PS. Also, props to Nagoshi for staying away from the blue hemorrhoid that's ruining Sega's image.

Doesn't know how long localization actually takes.
    Swearing like a spoiled child.
    Crying for not getting enough or all Yakuza games due to the series overall poor sales here in the west.(Honestly, how is it their fault?)
    Doesn't understand the word "exclusivity" means.
    Putting both Sega and Sonic underneath the bus for not getting enough Yakuza games in time nor putting on PC.

Yeah, I'm the one who has the problems here, not you. The world doesn't revolve around the Yakuza series. As for Nagoshi, he gives Sega a worse image than Sonic. He won't make another Daytona, Super Monkey Ball, or persuade Nintendo to make another F-Zero.

@blueadeptrogue

"Yeah I'm the whiny one here who doesn't know what I'm talking about. I don't lash out on the person because they can't see the games that I do"

Glad you admitted that. I didn't lash out on you, I just said - and you quoted - if you don't like it don't play it. You being on a Yakuza forum is pointless.

"Crying for not getting enough or all Yakuza games due to the series overall poor sales here in the west.(Honestly, how is it their fault?)"

Mismanagement. New console is due in about 2 years, their localization efforts have always hurt the series. It's pretty well documented how it's their fault. Again, all lost on you. You can't even read.

You do realize people can see your post history? Your hobby is causing problems around here and harrassing people. All you do is came in with insults and baiting, derailing the original topic. Judging by your use of the English language I'm gonna guess you're Sega's new PR Social Media representative.

Now, if you have any problem with me personally DM me and we'll sort it out, because if this forum is active you would be banned. There's no reason for you to ruin this thread.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast