Thread: main reasons why English PSO2 never came to west.

Default main reasons why English PSO2 never came to west.

I have discovered some main reasons why pso2 never came english and they are stupid reasons. 1. PSO2 never releases to west because japan think it cost too much money how dumb, don't they realize they can easily get the money back in probaly a few months or a year? 2. japan is way too stubborn because they absolutely want to keep it to themselves also, recent news i heard PSO2 is releasing on the Nintendo switch japan only -_- << go figure. >>honest thoughts i think at this point most of us have completly given up on pso2 coming west and i know we can still play it on PC with a few tricks but not everyone has a pc that good enough to play PSO2. if anyone ever sees this what are your thoughts and emotions on this matter? have a good day everyone, ill be waiting on xbox 1 for new MMORPGs.

Hrm..

1. It is true that data and server hosting does cost some money. The main expense would be marketing, publishing, and property rights.

2. Erm no. They don't wanna keep it to their selves because of selfishness. They have kept it in Japan because of my answer to reason One. It is a lot cheaper, especially with the financial state of Sega these days to keep it hosted & marketed in Japan. The publishing rights alone for an American release would cost them more money in a month than it would to run all aspects of Phantasy Star Online 2 in Japan. The Nintendo Switch release is all part of Sega's partnership with Nintendo they started back with Wii properties.

I know it's crummy and no one wants PSO2 out in Westernlands more than me but financially Sega just doesn't have the resources to do it anymore.
    "You ever think Einstein, walked around thinking, people are dumb***t's?"

"I dunno.. Probably. It explains why he made that bomb."

now i hate china PSO2 is such a fantastic fun game it makes no sense uugghh thats it i give up any hope thx for the more info

It's more of China and South Korea since they were supposed to be the MMo capitals of the world and such.
    But the deal sega JP made with both on not allowing western players on and the non distribution claws sunk down and sega JP just doesn't want to admit they made a bad choice.

i really wish they bring it back so we all can enjoy the game i hear there some many things to do on pso2

So make a PSO III then that caters to more of a worldwide audience. I'm not saying to completely westernize the series, but more like the first PSO.

I wish they would just remaster PSO Ep I&II for PS4 then. I'd play it forever lol and I know many others who would too. They could add the Blue Burst elements and put it back online. It would sell.

Or yeah, make PSO3. Sega makes me really sad as regards the PSO franchise because it's one of my favorite games. Was, I guess, as I'll likely never see it again.