Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: F2P Paladin gets worse with Pay2Win Loot Boxes

  1. #11
    Senior Member Black_Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    13,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    Yeah unfortunately most Nintendo fans on the internet are like you and give them a free pass.
    Like I said, call me when a major news source compares Amiibo to gambling, because right now, Nintendo's stock didn't drop by $3 billion because of Amiibo, compared to EA when their stock dropped by $3 Billion due to Loot Boxes. And when sites like the BBC talk about the controversy of Loot Boxes ( http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42110066 ),

    I'm not passing on the Amiibo controversy because its Nintendo. I'm passing on the Amiibo controversy because Nintendo didn't blow it out of proportion like EA did with Loot Boxes.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Captain Linebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    Like I said, call me when a major news source compares Amiibo to gambling, because right now, Nintendo's stock didn't drop by $3 billion because of Amiibo, compared to EA when their stock dropped by $3 Billion due to Loot Boxes. And when sites like the BBC talk about the controversy of Loot Boxes ( http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42110066 ),

    I'm not passing on the Amiibo controversy because its Nintendo. I'm passing on the Amiibo controversy because Nintendo didn't blow it out of proportion like EA did with Loot Boxes.
    Breath of the Wild has well over $100 worth of amiibo locked content and counting, that is blowing it way out of proportion.

    Oh yeah a season pass. But of course you didn't say anything about that either.


    aspiring memesmith

  3. #13
    Senior Member Black_Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    13,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    Breath of the Wild has well over $100 worth of amiibo locked content and counting, that is blowing it way out of proportion.

    Oh yeah a season pass. But of course you didn't say anything about that either.
    I...actually don't see much problems with Season Passes if done right. Some companies do it well(The Witcher 3 is the best example of having a season pass to expand on the game, while it also had free DLC. The Evil Within is also another example. And I am tempted to mention Injustice 2 and/or Mortal Kombat X just because of the characters you get. The former because of the guest appearances of Hellboy and the Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles). Others, not so much(Saints Row the 3rd had a lackluster Season Pass with some DLC Expansions, and not much else to root about).

    Sadly, companies are shying away from Season Passes not because of the controversies, but because they want more money. Hence why we have Loot Boxes. And why we're seeing games like Star Wars: Battlefront 2, UFC AND Paladin getting PAy 2 Win Loot Boxes. If Nintendo did go down the Loot Box path, I ain't defending them. I'll most likely dedicate a super long rant in the Nintendo forms.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Captain Linebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    If Nintendo did go down the Loot Box path, I ain't defending them.
    Sure you wont lol.

    Also good job ignoring the first part of my post.


    aspiring memesmith

  5. #15
    Senior Member Black_Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    13,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    Sure you wont lol.

    Also good job ignoring the first part of my post.
    Because it's the same recycled Anti-Nintendo Foxaganda that you keep pumping out to push away from the bigger problem.

    And I won't defend Nintendo, SEGA, or ANY company that pushes Loot Boxes as a Pay to Win mechanic. I already criticized ArenaNet for putting Mount skins in a Loot Box for Guild Wars 2, and I happen to play that Free 2 Play game.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Captain Linebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    Because it's the same recycled Anti-Nintendo Foxaganda that you keep pumping out to push away from the bigger problem.
    >calling out amiibos for what they actually are
    >"Anti-Nintendo Foxaganda"

    This is what a hopeless fanboy would say lmao.


    aspiring memesmith

  7. #17
    Senior Member BlackmageZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    6,415

    Default

    Considering how much you end up paying for an amiibo which usually at most grants you 1-3 cosmetic/unlockable things in a nintendo game, you'd actually unlock more with loot boxes for the same price. And you wouldn't have to go tracking down exclusive one offs at toys r us and the likes either.

    Just saying...

    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Smash already has an annoying randomized Custom Move / Equipment system with duplicates already built into the latest game.

    Thus, all they'd have to do is tie that system directly in with Amiibos while allowing customs to be used online, and Nintendo's first pay to win loot box system will be in place!
    Actually nintendo already went that route with the first splatoon game that grants you high tier armor with amiibos after completing the mission pack to unlock on disc content, and it's randomized loot at that too.

    And considering how nintendo seems to not mind microtransactions and iap games (as well as f2p games still having these and being sold on nintendo's eshop) I'd guess it's not a question of if loot boxes will come in, rather WHEN.

    But when that time eventually does come, people will be fine with it.

    Updates and patches were bad in gaming until mk8 got 200cc mode.

    Dlc was a bad thing, until nintendo started rolling out dlc for wii U and 3ds games.

    Paying for online gaming was a crime, but hey, 20 bucks is no big deal, am I right?

    After all, those "sucker edition" 8th gen versions of 7th gen games...you know, bringing hd games that were all already in hd is cool now.

    Progressive thinking I tells ya.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."







  8. #18
    Senior Member Black_Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    13,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    >calling out amiibos for what they actually are
    >"Anti-Nintendo Foxaganda"

    This is what a hopeless fanboy would say lmao.
    I know you are but what am I?

    Let's face it, and I know cochrane's gonna close this topic because of this pointless Nintendo/Anti-Nintendo war that the SEGA forums engages in 24/7, but you make these Anti-Amiibo topics because you don't have a leg to stand on compared to the "Oh Microtransactions/Loot Boxes are Optional" hog wash. In fact, I'm gonna say something that needs to be said.

    Downloadable Content, Toys to Life and SEASON PASSES are morally superior to Microtransactions and especially Loot Boxes. In fact, unlike the first three that I talk about, you don't really know what's in a Loot Box till you open it. It gets really tedious if its the only way to advance your character, making it more Pay 2 Win. In fact, the moment that Loot Boxes gained Notoriety on news sites like the BBC, and may consider being banned in Belgium and Hawaii says alot.

    Are DLC subjected to the same ridicule? No, and I thought it was a cool idea to expand on the game.
    Are Toys 2 Life subjected to the same ridicule? No, and I also liked Skylanders, Disney Infinity and LEGO Dimensions as well. Hell, with Toys 2 Life, you at least have a Physical product to hold
    Are Season Passes subjected to the same ridicule? No. It's a decent idea ruined by the Triple A companies who push too little content.

    Until Nintendo decides to fall into the same Loot Box pit that consumed Warner Bros, Electronic Arts, Activision and Ubisoft's big titles, call someone who cares.

    And on a side note: Hyrule Warriors is the best Zelda game ever. Better than the overrated Majora's Mask.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Captain Linebeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    24,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    I know you are but what am I?

    Let's face it, and I know cochrane's gonna close this topic because of this pointless Nintendo/Anti-Nintendo war that the SEGA forums engages in 24/7, but you make these Anti-Amiibo topics because you don't have a leg to stand on compared to the "Oh Microtransactions/Loot Boxes are Optional" hog wash. In fact, I'm gonna say something that needs to be said.

    Downloadable Content, Toys to Life and SEASON PASSES are morally superior to Microtransactions and especially Loot Boxes. In fact, unlike the first three that I talk about, you don't really know what's in a Loot Box till you open it. It gets really tedious if its the only way to advance your character, making it more Pay 2 Win. In fact, the moment that Loot Boxes gained Notoriety on news sites like the BBC, and may consider being banned in Belgium and Hawaii says alot.

    Are DLC subjected to the same ridicule? No, and I thought it was a cool idea to expand on the game.
    Are Toys 2 Life subjected to the same ridicule? No, and I also liked Skylanders, Disney Infinity and LEGO Dimensions as well. Hell, with Toys 2 Life, you at least have a Physical product to hold
    Are Season Passes subjected to the same ridicule? No. It's a decent idea ruined by the Triple A companies who push too little content.

    Until Nintendo decides to fall into the same Loot Box pit that consumed Warner Bros, Electronic Arts, Activision and Ubisoft's big titles, call someone who cares.

    And on a side note: Hyrule Warriors is the best Zelda game ever. Better than the overrated Majora's Mask.
    >no u
    >these predatory tactics get a free pass because I said so
    >morally superior predatory tactics

    We're hitting cringe levels I didn't even think were possible. It's not even that I think lootboxes and microtransactions are ok (I don't but like a fanboy you keep spinning it that way), I'm just holding Nintendo to the same standards. Maybe you should do that too is all. Oh well, enjoy paying twice the price of BotW for all of it's content though. I'm sure Nintendo will compensate your shilling someday.


    aspiring memesmith

  10. #20
    Senior Member Black_Diamond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    13,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    >no u
    >these predatory tactics get a free pass because I said so
    >morally superior predatory tactics

    We're hitting cringe levels I didn't even think were possible. It's not even that I think lootboxes and microtransactions are ok (I don't but like a fanboy you keep spinning it that way), I'm just holding Nintendo to the same standards. Maybe you should do that too is all. Oh well, enjoy paying twice the price of BotW for all of it's content though. I'm sure Nintendo will compensate your shilling someday.
    They are now. You could have protested more than 10 years ago, back when the idea was new. I didn't mind DLC even long before Nintendo implemented it into their games, and that was when I was buying games on Steam and GoG.

    And in some cases, yeah, I do have a problem with Nintendo and Loot Boxes. One of the reasons why I don't play Fire Emblem heroes that often is that I find their Loot Box setup more tedious than just buying the characters straight off the bat. I may like the game's setup of not losing your heroes if they die, but even I think that loot boxes are one of the most stupid ideas ever to put into a F2P game, even one by the Big N. Why I don't raise a stink about it, is that I'm not as harsh on F2P games as I am on $60 games. I tend to give them a free pass because being Free 2 Play is the price to pay for Microtransactions.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •