Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 11 announced, boys!

Default Mega Man 11 announced, boys!

It was revealed in the Mega Man Celebration. It is for Playstation, Switch, Xbox One and PC. Coming out late 2018.
    My latest rant: https://supersonication.deviantart.c...o-31-701816697
    Formerly Prodigy Z, and Flamerstreak. Changed names because I like this one better.

Posting the gameplay vid:

Will buy Day 1 to support Mega Man. Visuals look pretty great.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

That run animation is atrocious, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

I see a lot of people complaining about the graphics looking cheap or last-gen, but I'm assuming that's because Capcom are designing it to run at full framerate on all platforms, including Switch in handheld mode.

So don't blame Capcom, since it's really Nintendo who are holding this game back from its full potential. =P
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

That seems like something you conjured up on the spot.

Not sure why the Switch would be holding back this kind of game in any capacity.
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    That seems like something you conjured up on the spot.
    Nah, I'm sure I'm right.

If the game looks like it was made for a 720p last gen system, that's only because it actually is being designed for a last gen equivalent hardware with a 720p mode in mind.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

And I'm confident you're wrong. This game probably isn't even a blip among Capcom's other big projects for 2018.

The Switch would have next to **** all to do with how this game looks.

If Switch caused these visuals then bravo I like what I see.
    I like the enemy designs and I like that it isn't a 8bit faux-retro game.

Other than maybe a lower resolution on Switch I really don't see why it would be an issue in any capacity for Switch to run this type of game lol.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Yeah... any talk of the Switch holding this game back is nonsensical, it's a damn 2D platformer, how strenuous could it possibly be? Is it suddenly going to be as taxing as Odyssey if they bump up the detail a bit?

Anyway, the artstyle is fine, I'm glad they aren't doing 8-bit again, though I'd have been happy with either 3D or 32-bit and above sprite work. His running animation does look a little weird, I think it should get touched up, I mean, we have basically a year before the game is released, so that is still within the scope of possibility.

That sub-weapon he's using looks like it's actually good, a first for stone-based sub-weapons (Super arm was lame, Power stone was lame, Concrete shot was just alright). Looks like they are going with the basic movepool from 4-8, slide, charge shot, Rush coil, and it looks like Eddy and Beat are back, didn't see Auto though.

I like that they are porting the whole X series (minus spinoffs) to current consoles and PC, granted that I've played all of them besides X8, it will still be nice to be able to play them without the hassle of hooking up my Wii (specifically with standard vga cables because component doesn't work with the X collection most of the time), and also my Wii doesn't really want to boot most of the time.

So hopefully this endeavor does well so Capcom will invest in the Megaman series a little more. We don't need yearly releases like they used to do, but I would like to see continuations of the X or ZX series (they were better than basic Megaman).
    McBragg'd, noun: A state in which a user argued incessantly over an idea in an unpleasable manner, often resulting in contempt and/or drama.
    The super villain, Dr. Eggman, discovers a powerful Ragnium element in Ragna Rock island which can fuel his robots and make them faster than Sonic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast