Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Death Stranding Trailer, Courtesy of Game Awards 2017

Default New Death Stranding Trailer, Courtesy of Game Awards 2017

Well, we get a full cinematic look at Kojima's first game outside of Konami...and I am so excited. ^___^

As a note, Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, and Norman Reedus were all present at the Game Awards themselves.

I'm very intrigued by the world shown in this game. I still want to see more.

The story just looks so interesting... so glad it is its own thing and not shoehorned into Metal Gear or Silent Hill anymore. Also Norman Reedus is such a cool guy... I like him.

Yeah. And this time, no idiotic executive meddling to get in the way of a well-anticipated game.

Although why the 'anymore?' This was never shoehorned into either of the franchises you've mentioned. (Though Konami is trying to shoehorn a Zombie Apocalypse game into MG. *sigh*)

Norman Reedus is indeed a pretty cool dude. I'm glad that he, Kojima, and Del Toro got another opportunity to work together on a video game project.

I do end up wondering what I just watched when I see that trailer. It definitely seems like it'll be an interesting yet bizarre game. XD

^ I was talking about the first 90 mins of Phantom Pain. LOL. It was like a pure acid trip and didn't feel like it belonged in a Metal Gear Solid game IMO... it was like Kojima had this crazy dream or something and was determined to work that into whatever game he was making at the time. IMO whatever weirdness his brain can think of next will be a more natural fit within in a new IP instead of what ever Silent Hills was gonna be.

I think the game I am most currently interested in is Detroit: Becoming Human though.

I was looking forward to Silent Hills, though. It was the revival that franchise desperately needed. Instead, rival (pretty much) series Resident Evil took advantage of the void left by the game's abrupt cancellation. And now the best we can hope for is that Allison Road is eventually developed and released, being inspired by a lot of P.T.'s elements.

Death Stranding's weirdness is indeed its own, and I look forward to delving into the crazy mind of Hideo Kojima with in-game appearances by Norman Reedus as the main character with appearances by Guillermo Del Toro and even Mads Mikkelson. O.o

Metal Gear's no stranger to weirdness (just look at what tiny nanobots can do to soldiers), but I agree that PP's opening was quite a trip. XD

I just want to see Gameplay.

For 's sake, 1st unveil of MGSV: Ground Zeroes and we already had gameplay; similarly to the PP 2nd trailer.
    Kojima's on a thin rope in my opinion.
    While this could become quite possibly the best thing ever similarly to what eventually became Half-Life 2 or Resident Evil 4, it could also become Kojima's "Phantom Menace" due to how hyped it is to the point where its beyond his control, especially given PP wasn't the game everyone hoped for.
    Now some might say how Konami "sabotaged" the game, and while its true that their attitude was despicable...Kojima did sort of blow an 80 million budget on a department Konami wasn't really faithful about and that earlier on had demoted him to a lower position due to the low stock the company was suffering after the lackluster sales of their console franchises (notably Lords of Shadow and the western-developed Silent Hill titles) in comparison to their mobile gaming department (its popular in Japan, mostly because people have "free-time" chilling at lunch before going to work or at subway travels). Not to mention some of that money did go on a clothing brand and some dinners with Kiefer and Stefanie.
    Also, Kojima...Hire a story editor; you're a guy with good ideas but you can't organize for .

Death Stranding looks cool, can't wait to learn more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    And now the best we can hope for is that Allison Road is eventually developed and released
    Holy ****, that game still isn't out? Wow lol.

Is it really so hard to produce a blatantly unoriginal ripoff game in a timely fashion? I remember back in the 90s, independent developers used to churn out Doom and Myst clones within months, not even years, and a lot of them were developed from scratch without any pre-existing game engine.

Like, all these developers had to do was deliver a short 4-6 hour Diet P.T. experience for 10-20 dollars or whatever then call it a day.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Death Stranding looks cool, can't wait to learn more.

Holy ****, that game still isn't out? Wow lol.

Is it really so hard to produce a blatantly unoriginal ripoff game in a timely fashion? I remember back in the 90s, independent developers used to churn out Doom and Myst clones within months, not even years, and a lot of them were developed from scratch without any pre-existing game engine.

Like, all these developers had to do was deliver a short 4-6 hour Diet P.T. experience for 10-20 dollars or whatever then call it a day.
    The game was almost finished in its early state, but producer incompetence and a fight for the IP trademark after they disbanded from the original publisher caused them to start from scratch apparentaly

Also, not related.
    But that scene where Norman is in the water reminds me of the first minutes of the Kingdom Hearts opening.

I cant wait for this to flop. Kojima isnt the genius people make him out to be. Most of this characters and stories are just recycled movie plots.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast