Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Death Stranding Trailer, Courtesy of Game Awards 2017

Looks interesting. Both Kojima and Igarashi have damn good looking games coming out and Konami, the same company that drove both of them off, have released a bomberman game and mOAR pointless soccer games for cell phones. Then again they have to diversify their current portfolio of dating sims and pachinko machines somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight_Jedi View Post
    (Though Konami is trying to shoehorn a Zombie Apocalypse game into MG. *sigh*)
    Wait, they're still going through with that idea?

*does a quick google search*

da hell?

w....wh....why?????

And no, I don't want to hear about "but pp had puppets and skulls, it's the same thing" b.s. At least umbrella corps (in concept anyway) makes sense to have a third person game where you play as characters you don't care about shooting zombies.

If they want to use the same engine and assets, fine, but they're seriously going with an tear in the time space continuum during the helicopter escape in Ground Zeroes is ****ing canon?

Here's better idea, how about the unresolved Eli storyline dlc, or a mgs5 part 3, where you play as the real big boss, and follow his storyline, why bother with this jank?
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Quote Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
    I cant wait for this to flop. Kojima isnt the genius people make him out to be. Most of this characters and stories are just recycled movie plots.
    And all characters in stories and films are just recycled greek mythology and christian tropes.
    What's your point?

"steal from one, and it's called Plagiarism, Steal from everybody and it's called research" - Jim Cornette

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Bogard View Post
    The game was almost finished in its early state, but producer incompetence and a fight for the IP trademark after they disbanded from the original publisher caused them to start from scratch apparentaly
    Wow, Team 17 did that, really?
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

And all characters in stories and films are just recycled greek mythology and christian tropes.
    What's your point?
    That he's nothing special and a lot of these people are only as good as the teams theyve worked with.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

I just want to see Gameplay.
    Yeah, we've got a great chunk of story/cinematic previews, but it will be nice to see how the game plays. That is a pretty big factor.

The game was almost finished in its early state, but producer incompetence and a fight for the IP trademark after they disbanded from the original publisher caused them to start from scratch apparently
    Sadly so.

I know it's a reactionary game only being made because P.T./Silent Hills was canned by the idiot high executives at Konami, but I'd actually rather play a substitute game than to have the concept die completely.

Also, not related.
    But that scene where Norman is in the water reminds me of the first minutes of the Kingdom Hearts opening.
    I thought the exact same thing. It wasn't even that long ago that I went back through the first Kingdom Hearts (the HD compilation version) in my bid to get ready for 3 (which will hopefully see a late 2018 release as was reported).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    Looks interesting. Both Kojima and Igarashi have damn good looking games coming out and Konami, the same company that drove both of them off, have released a bomberman game and mOAR pointless soccer games for cell phones. Then again they have to diversify their current portfolio of dating sims and pachinko machines somehow.
    Indeed. They essentially chased away most of their greatest talents, including Kojima and Igarashi, and I'm so hoping for their debut projects free of said studio to be successes just to really stick it to them.

I know that I'm more than excited for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and Death Stranded. (Both are my kind of game, just in different ways)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero
    Wait, they're still going through with that idea?

*does a quick google search*

da hell?

w....wh....why?????

And no, I don't want to hear about "but pp had puppets and skulls, it's the same thing" b.s. At least umbrella corps (in concept anyway) makes sense to have a third person game where you play as characters you don't care about shooting zombies.

If they want to use the same engine and assets, fine, but they're seriously going with an tear in the time space continuum during the helicopter escape in Ground Zeroes is ****ing canon?

Here's better idea, how about the unresolved Eli storyline dlc, or a mgs5 part 3, where you play as the real big boss, and follow his storyline, why bother with this jank?
    All of what you brought up are infinitely better ideas than the garbage concept that is Metal Gear Survive.

It's not even a case of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle where the crossover is stupid 'in writing', but playing the game reveals it to actually be fun and well-designed enough that it won its category at the Game Awards (Best Strategy Game, even against genre heavy-hitters)

No, Metal Gear Survive is a dumb concept and plays like any other zombie shooter with nothing added to make it interesting. Not to mention that this was the absolute wrong universe to just slap this genre/concept onto, which just completely destroys the suspension of disbelief on what's possible in the world of Metal Gear now that we have wormholes and parallel dimensions and zombies and uuuugh! *facepalm*. It'd have been better as a new IP. At least then they could probably do something creative with it. But nope, they had to use the Metal Gear brand as a crutch (probably now that their best developers are gone).
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 12-14-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Face Palm is right.

That game seems like an april fool's joke. It's the kind of game that game informer creates as a joke for it's annual game infarcer release.

And you'd think after the overwhelming negative reaction to the trailer, they'd stop.

That's why I'm so aghast that this is still a thing. Who could POSSIBLY want to buy and play this?

Then again, when I saw footage of Shadow holding a gun shooting cops I asked if that was real, and well sadly, it was...

Agreed.

Anyway, yeah, screw the stupid idea for a game known as MG Survive. I'm just looking forward to hearing more about Death Stranding.

I'm loving the surreality of the set-up, but I'm more eager than ever to learn about how the game plays.

BTW, I loved how Norman Reedus even mentioned when he was up there with Kojima about how nobody was going to stop them this time. This is a game that's going to get made. ^____^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12