Thread: Kiwami 2 is better than the old Yakuza 2

Default Kiwami 2 is better than the old Yakuza 2

Really enjoying Kiwami 2, I'm only a couple of chapters in at the moment, stunning graphics on the ps4 pro.

There's a puzzle section in later chapters. Just look up Devilleon7's stream/playthrough and do what he did. It's pretty good! I had a long history with Yakuza 2, had to find and re-purchase the game many times over the years because at first it was the Japanese import, then the English version came, bought it and ruined it from the amount of times I played it, then re-purchased it in '08 but my PS2 would cut a circular scratch around discs, ruining them and I had to give it away. NOW IT'S FINALLY HERE! SO EASY TO BUY! WE'LL PROBABLY SEE IT IN 2019! ...

I'm in chapter 6 now (over 11 hours). Great remake one of the best entry in the RGG series. Dragon Engine has poor antialiasing but it's huge graphical step over Kiwami 1 and nice evolution of Yakuza 6 gameplay.
    Last edited by Kitano-san; 12-09-2017 at 07:32 AM.

Is it better than Kiwami 1 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    Kiwami 1 was a somewhat downgraded Yakuza 0. In reality it's Yakuza 0 DLC. It's still a welcome addition to the franchise and I can't forget Yakuza 1 so it's still good, especially the story, but in my opinion Kiwami 2 is better. It might seem like an expansion of Yakuza 6, but it improves on just about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    Original Yakuza 2 was better game than first Yakuza, so... yes, Kiwami 2 is much better than Kiwami.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Kiwami 1 was a somewhat downgraded Yakuza 0. In reality it's Yakuza 0 DLC. It's still a welcome addition to the franchise and I can't forget Yakuza 1 so it's still good, especially the story, but in my opinion Kiwami 2 is better. It might seem like an expansion of Yakuza 6, but it improves on just about everything.
    I agree with you that Kiwami is like Yakuza 0 DLC, or an expansion pack to the game. Personally, that is not an issue, as I thought Yakuza 0 was fantastic, so more of it was very welcomed.

I don't think it was necessarily a downgrade over Y0 though, at least not on all accounts. Sure, it's the lesser game of the two, but the combat system was generally improved.

While I haven't really gotten to play either Y6 or Kiwami 2, outside the demo for both games, I will agree that Kiwami 2 does seem like it's an improvement. So that's good at least, that the series continues to evolve and improve upon previous entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitano-san View Post
    Original Yakuza 2 was better game than first Yakuza, so... yes, Kiwami 2 is much better than Kiwami.
    Sure, Yakuza 2 was better than the first game. But Kiwami was better than Yakuza 2.

I hope Kiwami 2 will be better, and in certain aspects it definitely is. But in others it seems lacking.
    Last edited by Reichskommissar; 12-09-2017 at 08:36 AM.