Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Medievil Remaster Announced

Just one other thing I wish to make clear is that I hope it contains all of the levels from the original. If we go through the whole Kingdom of Gallowmere as shown from the original Medievil but in HD and everything else is handled good, I'll be looking forward to this with great enthusiasm.

PSP got a remake of MediEvil but remastering the original seems a more sensible thing to do. Another reason to own a PS4 over Xbox.

Senior Member UnknownDarkness??'s Avatar

Ape Escape remake trilogy needs to return, it might happen who knows?
    YouTube Channel is U.D Playthroughs.
    I update gameplay content regularly so check it out.
    Currently recording Ape Escape 3 & Donkey Kong 64 on the channel.

I thought the original ape escape was a very mediocre game that really just showed off how cool the new Dual shock controller was (Yes boys and girls you read that right, at one point in time analog sticks, let alone 2 of them on a controller was considered "new" and "innovative") but idk, the more that I try to think about it, the less actually comes to mind about that game.

The fact that there are sequels stun me frankly, are they any different, or just graphic facelifts?
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    I thought the original ape escape was a very mediocre game that really just showed off how cool the new Dual shock controller was (Yes boys and girls you read that right, at one point in time analog sticks, let alone 2 of them on a controller was considered "new" and "innovative") but idk, the more that I try to think about it, the less actually comes to mind about that game.

The fact that there are sequels stun me frankly, are they any different, or just graphic facelifts?
    I only played Ape Escape 2 so I don't know any differences. I thought Ape Escape 2 was fun.

Same premise. You still use the analog stick to control gadgets. More retro in 3D platforming compared to Jak/Ratchet. Lots and lots of Monkey humor.

I like the games a lot. I never played the spinoffs though, went past my radar. I did play the crossover in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Last edited by Kuronoa; 12-15-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    Same premise. You still use the analog stick to control gadgets. More retro in 3D platforming compared to Jak/Ratchet. Lots and lots of Monkey humor.

I miss games like those, 3D platformers aren't that quirky like they used to.
    It really didn't help matters that this game was a very late psone release, It kind of found itself sandwiched between much better games (imo) that came out a little before it like Crash 3 and Banjo Kazooie, and games that came out shortly after like Sonic adventure, rayman 2 and Donkey Kong 64.

I might give ae2 a buy and play for ps4 down the line.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post

Well, most people probably didn't remember the analog stick technology already existed before the PS1/N64 era but that's when it was improved immensely. Especially on PS1, the analog stick of N64 was tacky.

Senior Member UnknownDarkness??'s Avatar

the sequels definitely improved you should give them a try I love the additions of the adorable Pipotchi, Freaky Monkey Five as Sony's take on the Quirky Miniboss Squad, for example, Deadly Six, Broodals, Koopalings etc, Specter however loses points for not being the British Bad Guy's Va in the first game, a lot of collectibles such as Artwork, Soundtracks and other oddities, 3 was a step up but was more of the same except new Monkeys to find after entering codes, a Mesal Gear Solid Minigame and many others.
    Last edited by UnknownDarkness??; 12-18-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    YouTube Channel is U.D Playthroughs.
    I update gameplay content regularly so check it out.
    Currently recording Ape Escape 3 & Donkey Kong 64 on the channel.

in the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!!!!!

I'm kinda on the fence about Sony doin this kind of stuff. I like that Medievil is gonna be on the Ps4 but like the Crash Trilogy I feel it's more of Cash grab then anything else. Like if they remade the Spyro games, if nothing comes from it then I feel that it is just to rake up some of that Nostalgia Dollars.
    Have an Opinion? Write it down. I'll use it to wipe my .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast