Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PUBG on XBOX ONE: The 20 fps GOTY nominee. (DF comparison video)

Default PUBG on XBOX ONE: The 20 fps GOTY nominee. (DF comparison video)

$30 folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Damn is that an ugly game. Outside of 1x's texture and resolution, the game looks dreamcast level. I know graphics aren't everything, but damn on a regular xb1 that framerate is pure jank, vita level horrible.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    Damn is that an ugly game. Outside of 1x's texture and resolution, the game looks dreamcast level. I know graphics aren't everything, but damn on a regular xb1 that framerate is pure jank, vita level horrible.
    Still better than WWE2K18 on the Switch, lol.

Did Microsoft pay for console exclusivity for this game btw?
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    "Welcome to the world of Tomorrow!" Man, what sad times.

I didn't think it was possible, but I actually think amazing spiderman for Vita looks/runs better than pubg on a standard xb1 or wwe 2k18 for the switch.

The fact that it's the year 2017 and we have games that look like they could easily predate gta4, a game that came out nearly a decade ago, I mean just wow. lol.

Whats so stupid is that microsoft doesnt have a in house studio to directly deal with ports. It doesnt take a genius to know a indie amature game company knows little to nothing about optimization and doesnt have enough resources on its own to make a quality port.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

This right here is an actual, unironic response to the biggest Xbox console* exclusive this year.

Let it sink in.

(lol, Crowbcat did a vid)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

I didn't think it was possible, but I actually think amazing spiderman for Vita looks/runs better than pubg on a standard xb1 or wwe 2k18 for the switch.

The fact that it's the year 2017 and we have games that look like they could easily predate gta4, a game that came out nearly a decade ago, I mean just wow. lol.
    The models in WWE2K18 kinda remind me of WWF Attitude on Dreamcast, except that game ran at a much higher framerate than 10fps, lol.

Speaking seriously for the first time in this thread though, the key difference between now and those DC days was that back then, game engines were still being developed in-house a lot of the times, written from scratch in both high-level languages like C as well as assembly, which meant that a lot of those games ran super fast.

What we're seeing with PUBG is the dark side of using pre-made general purpose game engines instead. You see the same thing with these Unity games like Overcooked, too. That game looks super last-gen, maybe even 6th gen level; so you'd think it shouldn't have any problem running on 60fps even on Switch, right? And yet due to the bloated and inefficient nature of these general purpose engines, the game struggled to hit 30fps on Switch instead.

Meanwhile, the in-house developed Super Mario Odyssey can run mostly at 60fps on Switch with some drops here and there while still having more complex graphics and gameplay than Overcooked. Go figure, right?

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

ing hell. That's one way to mess up a PC-to-Console port.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

The models in WWE2K18 kinda remind me of WWF Attitude on Dreamcast, except that game ran at a much higher framerate than 10fps, lol.

Speaking seriously for the first time in this thread though, the key difference between now and those DC days was that back then, game engines were still being developed in-house a lot of the times, written from scratch in both high-level languages like C as well as assembly, which meant that a lot of those games ran super fast.

What we're seeing with PUBG is the dark side of using pre-made general purpose game engines instead. You see the same thing with these Unity games like Overcooked, too. That game looks super last-gen, maybe even 6th gen level; so you'd think it shouldn't have any problem running on 60fps even on Switch, right? And yet due to the bloated and inefficient nature of these general purpose engines, the game struggled to hit 30fps on Switch instead.

Meanwhile, the in-house developed Super Mario Odyssey can run mostly at 60fps on Switch with some drops here and there while still having more complex graphics and gameplay than Overcooked. Go figure, right?
    Dude, I've seen indie games with just bought unity assets that look and run better than pubg and wwe 2k18.

And the xb1x is suppose to be the most powerful console in the market...

Dude, I've seen indie games with just bought unity assets that look and run better than pubg and wwe 2k18.

And the xb1x is suppose to be the most powerful console in the market...
    I mean it is, but that hasn't stopped PUBG from being a pile of flaming dog **** on the system, lol.

Definitely a bad investment on Microsoft's part if they did pay for it.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast