Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: PUBG on XBOX ONE: The 20 fps GOTY nominee. (DF comparison video)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    I don't think we've seen anything to indicate that PS4 numbers are declining. It's fairly standard for a system with a new SKU to see a sales bump for the month.
    The last thing I read from Sony is that their Black Friday 2017 console sales were the biggest in PlayStation's entire history - even beating the PS2 days - and of course NPD did show that PS4 won November.

So PS4 being in last place for December is a stark contrast. It certainly would be interesting to know the numbers.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Yeah I'd assume it was fairly close.

I've doubted the PS4 before but it continued to sell; it has defied seemingly all expectations going into this gen; I'm not completely sure why even, as I think it's far from Sony's best console.

But I dunno; people can't stop buying the thing. Sony's somehow managed to become the face of this generation.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 01-15-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    Yeah I'd assume it was fairly close.

I've doubted the PS4 before but it continued to sell; it has defied seemingly all expectations going into this gen; I'm not completely sure why even, as I think it's far from Sony's best console.

But I dunno; people can't stop buying the thing. Sony's somehow managed to become the face of this generation.
    because sometimes to be the best all you have to do is suck the least. The Wii u was a joke with its moronic gamepad and the kinnect and drm policies ruined the chance Xbox had before it even started.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
    because sometimes to be the best all you have to do is suck the least. The Wii u was a joke with its moronic gamepad and the kinnect and drm policies ruined the chance Xbox had before it even started.
    I think what really is hurting microsoft and the xbox brand is lack of focus. And it seems like they got stuck in panic mode ever since the ps4 was starting to outsell it very early on.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Lack of focus is one way of putting it.

I remember seeing someone's post while lurking NeoGAF one day which reflected upon games that were announced by Sony and Microsoft at E3 2014, comparing how many of them had been released thus far, and nearly all of Microsoft's titles were MIA while Sony's had long since shipped.

The fact that Crackdown 3 is only arriving this year is bewildering... And yet it still doesn't have a concrete release date.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

I think the biggest issue is Microsoft is fighting a losing battle with Japanese devs. Sony gets free exclusives from Japanese devs for no reason other than the fact that those companies know that publishing the game for xbox isnt worthwhile in anyway. So for microsoft to get that support they'd be paying more than the games would ever bring them in sales or customers. Its a losing battle. They need to foster the same kind of loyalty Japanese companies have for japanese consoles but with Americas. Companies like EA should be pushing exclusively for an American company. If Microsoft had something locked up like that it would really destroy Sonys momentum in America.
    That level of accomplishment when you've finally made it to someones ignore list! Priceless total victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Clesarie View Post
    I think the biggest issue is Microsoft is fighting a losing battle with Japanese devs. Sony gets free exclusives from Japanese devs for no reason other than the fact that those companies know that publishing the game for xbox isnt worthwhile in anyway. So for microsoft to get that support they'd be paying more than the games would ever bring them in sales or customers.
    Japanese games which sell in the West do exist, though. Pretty sure that Bloodborne and SFV sold more in North America than in Japan. It's not all cutesy anime games over there.

Microsoft could money-hat Japanese developers who make games with Western appeal just as well as Sony.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Lack of focus is one way of putting it.

I remember seeing someone's post while lurking NeoGAF one day which reflected upon games that were announced by Sony and Microsoft at E3 2014, comparing how many of them had been released thus far, and nearly all of Microsoft's titles were MIA while Sony's had long since shipped.

The fact that Crackdown 3 is only arriving this year is bewildering... And yet it still doesn't have a concrete release date.
    That's exactly it, there seems to be little to no focus on any ACTUAL gaming.
    Think about the last few years, first it was pushing motion controls, then an overpriced "customize" controller, to being cheaper than the ps4 and wii U, to focusing on being the most powerful 4k system..

They are just out shilling various hardware. That's why I say there is a lack of focus, because I often ask what exactly are they trying to sell people on? That they render textures slightly differently from playstation 4?

Even in advertisements, look at sony with their greatness awaits, and they're showing clips of exclusives and upcoming games like Horizon Zero dawn, their vr games, god of war. Nintendo has ads where people are grabbing joycons and having fun playing games, xbox has commercials with that stupid kanye "power" song, not really focusing on playing games but rather how they run.

You know that was great when it was the original xbox and it actually did have night and day different graphics from the ps2, but now, I mean what's their campaign, "game in 4k, pro only does 1800p!!!" ?

Yet when they really competed well with the 360 what did they focus on? having great games and great online experiences. And I have no idea why they decided to deviate from that.

It's a clear sign that 360 era was a time where microsoft tried to be a gaming company, where the xb1 era is clearly resorted back to committees and board members of suits trying to do market research and people who get half massed at graphs and forecast reports and it shows.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmageZero View Post
    Yet when they really competed well with the 360 what did they focus on? having great games and great online experiences. And I have no idea why they decided to deviate from that.

It's a clear sign that 360 era was a time where microsoft tried to be a gaming company, where the xb1 era is clearly resorted back to committees and board members of suits trying to do market research and people who get half massed at graphs and forecast reports and it shows.
    Both gaming and graphics were pushed in the OG Xbox and 360 eras. Granted, the gap in power between 360 and PS3 was actually minimal, but early on a lot of multi-plats looked and/or ran significantly worse on PS3 due to the difficulty of developing for the latter platform.

Microsoft loved to flaunt the OG Xbox's exclusive titles. If you look up, for example, "Xbox commercial 2003" or "Xbox commercial 2004", you'll see that pretty much all of the ads are about games. They did run some ads dedicated to Xbox Live when that service launched, but I mean, that was legitimately something that gamers were interested in.

It's only the Xbox One era where everything seems to have derailed.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Both gaming and graphics were pushed in the OG Xbox and 360 eras. Granted, the gap in power between 360 and PS3 was actually minimal, but early on a lot of multi-plats looked and/or ran significantly worse on PS3 due to the difficulty of developing for the latter platform.

Microsoft loved to flaunt the OG Xbox's exclusive titles. If you look up, for example, "Xbox commercial 2003" or "Xbox commercial 2004", you'll see that pretty much all of the ads are about games. They did run some ads dedicated to Xbox Live when that service launched, but I mean, that was legitimately something that gamers were interested in.

It's only the Xbox One era where everything seems to have derailed.
    Both Nintendo and Sony had to get their act together when their respective consoles failed them. Nintendo with the GCN and the Wii U. Sony with the PS3.

This time, it's Microsoft's turn to get their act together. If they can't, they're going to be relegated to just Windows.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345