Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4, Call of Duty, and Star Wars Battlefront win the November NPD

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    Meanwhile, the only exclusives charting for November are for Nintendo systems.
    Would really love a "Expansion Pass" for Mario Odyssey.

Meanwhile, the only exclusives charting for November are for Nintendo systems.
    I know, right?

Even with such a first-party push from Nintendo, they couldn't beat the PS4. Really speaks volumes.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Shame the comparison only works if they came out at the same time instead of the four year buffer PS4 has. I'm automatically more impressed by the larger gains in shorter amounts of time with exclusivity as a factor to boot. And they're both doing successfully, so it's stupid and irrelevant to make a contest out of it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Speaking of which, I thought this was interesting:

Call of Duty: World War II is the highest selling game of the last 12 months, which includes last December in 2016.

Guess when even jaded modern FPS players like Gggmanlives are praising CoD's campaign and trash talking Wolfenstein's, it's not a surprise that the former game would be so much more highly successful.
    Okaaay..And?....

No, I truly do not get your point. That takes nothing away from Wolfenstein and CoD WW2 doing well is not the least bit shocking after the fanbase was re-enthused and reinvigorated en masse by the return to the era they've long clamored for. It's a foregone conclusion. (And yeah, it did have a pretty awesome campaign. That's not a first either)

And why even bring up CoD in a taunting manner? I actually like the series, I'll have you know, regardless of how many have tried to use it to bedevil annual releases (again despite that each game gets three years because Activision has three different studios working on it). I've long stated it's one of the most over-hated franchises by the various fandoms of gaming. (Its hatedom is just as bad as the worst members of its fandom, the latter which gamers use as an example to bash it)
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 12-15-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Holy boys, I swear I heard PS4 sales had plateaued.. Pretty sure I heard that..

Anyways, Doom and Skyrim nowhere to be found as I reiterated, 3rd party games like this will never sell on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo fans can hype em up all they want, but they won't buy em.

Good luck now that I'm sure Bethesda will follow EAs route and pull support, rough.
    <a href=http://segabits.com/forums/ target=_blank>http://segabits.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dynamite.png</a>
    Gamertag: Pirovash88

Why would ports be found in the top 10 among cookie cutter million seller multiplatform games, lmao. Guess you couldn't think that one through very well (not that you ever do, but still).

By the way, that list is looking mighty dry of MS exclusives, and they've been unusually quiet about how well the almighty Scorpio has sold... hmm.
    Last edited by Arcanine; 12-16-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by pirovash88 View Post
    Anyways, Doom and Skyrim nowhere to be found as I reiterated, 3rd party games like this will never sell on Nintendo platforms. Nintendo fans can hype em up all they want, but they won't buy em.
    For whatever it's worth, Skyrim did at least make Top 5 on the Switch...

Unfortunately, being under Top 20 overall has gotta translate to like <100K sales total for the game. Nintendo fans just wanna buy Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon as always.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    For whatever it's worth, Skyrim did at least make Top 5 on the Switch...

Unfortunately, being under Top 20 overall has gotta translate to like <100K sales total for the game. Nintendo fans just wanna buy Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon as always.
    Okay but why so strict here? There's way more games that come out on PS4 and majority do not show up on charts or stay on charts.

Not sure where some games charted but Disgaea 5 and Bomberman sold over 100k and those were bit less marketed than Skyrim was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    Okay but why so strict here? There's way more games that come out on PS4 and majority do not show up on charts or stay on charts.

Not sure where some games charted but Disgaea 5 and Bomberman sold over 100k and those were bit less marketed than Skyrim was.
    lol, his logic basically suggests these games need to be doing well over 250k on a single platform to be deemed some sort of success.

You guys are right to call him out on it.
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

lol, his logic basically suggests these games need to be doing well over 250k on a single platform to be deemed some sort of success.
    Oh, it's not about what I think, it's what a lot of these AAA game publishers think as well.

As for Bomberman, it is successful for being a shoestring budget game on launch day which has a nostalgic cartoon mascot who appeals to Switch's 30-something year old "retro gamer" demographic.

Granted, I thought that Doom, being a 90s franchise, would do well with that demographic too - especially considering all the high praise this port gotten on Youtube and in the press - but I guess I thought wrong.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Well, sorry to say but think harder. Just showing up on the charts wouldn’t really tell the full story for a publisher.

Aside from the fact that digital sales aren’t tracked on NPD (digital can account for up to 50% of a game’s total sales nowadays), DOOM and Skyrim were late ports, released at full price. The average customer picking up a Switch is more likely to pick up the flagship titles first before giving those a thought. This makes your earlier remarks about Sonic Forces outselling DOOM a bit amusing, like that wasn’t already a $40 title and in a genre bound to attract more consumers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast