View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Doki Doki Literature Club character?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monika

0 0%
  • Monika

0 0%
  • Monika

0 0%
  • Monika

0 0%
  • Monika

0 0%
  • Monika

0 0%
  • Monika

1 100.00%
  • Monika

0 0%
  • Monika

0 0%
  • Monika

0 0%

Thread: Doki Doki Literature Club: PC games can actually be good?! (SPOILERS!!!!)

Default Doki Doki Literature Club: PC games can actually be good?! (SPOILERS!!!!)

PC gaming has gotten a bad rap for decades, and for good reason. With horrible DRM, inferior versions to their console counterparts, and illegal hacking, the PC is clearly not ready for primetime as a gaming machine. I felt the same way until I played this game: Doki Doki Literature Club.

"A visual novel? Really?" Hear me out. There's more than meets the eye in this game. Unfortunately, it's hard to say much about it without spoiling it, but let's just say that this game is like Undertale but for grownups.

It utilizes many of the same techniques that Undertale does, but while Undertale presents a didactic, saccharine tale behind its retro facade, Doki Doki Literature Club presents psychological horror and realistic characters behind its saccharine facade. Whereas Undertale taught the player that "kissing everybody's butt is the only way to win," Doki Doki Literature Club doesn't present the world, even the world in which it takes place, as so simple.

Have any of you played it? If not, run, don't walk, to your nearest Steam store and purchase it today for the low low price of $0.00 (data charges may apply)!
    #1 Final Fantasy character | #1 Nintendo fan | #1 music artist
    "I'm the coolest." óMe
    Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-1691-6470-6620

Mods didn't close this one? *shrug* Well just to cover my , to anyone not familiar with this game here's a warning:

DO NOT play or watch this game if you have severe depression or anxiety, there are some EXTREMELY disturbing scenes and content.

Anyway, I've been watching Game Grumps' playthrough of this game, and boy is this something. They're past the big twist where

As for the notion that this makes PC a great gaming platform, not really. As much as this is no ordinary visual novel, it's still a visual novel. There's minimal interactivity that could qualify as gameplay, you're just reading a story. It's a good story, but little more than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I'd rather have a video game console that can't play DVDs than one that can't play video games at all. Amazingly, I've just predicted why people won't like the next Xbox.

MEh. I'm not really fond of these kinds of visual novel games. I've seen better ones from Phoenix Wright.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.