Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 US States want to ban Loot Boxes

Default 6 US States want to ban Loot Boxes

It's one thing to attract one state into considering limiting Loot Boxes to AO games. But it seems five other states may get involved in banning Loot Boxes. These include Connecticut, North Carolina, Minnesota, Georgia and Washington State.

EA, I think you ed up. When you have the government down your throat over this, you really ed up.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

To paraphrase someone: "Just a bunch of whiny man-children that need a trip to the woodshed".

Second highest-selling game of November.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    To paraphrase someone: "Just a bunch of whiny man-children that need a trip to the woodshed".
    Yeah. The head s at Electronic Arts.
    Last edited by Black_Diamond; 12-21-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Well, aren't Kinder Eggs sort of Loot Boxes too?

Quote Originally Posted by SonikkuHusbandu View Post
    Well, aren't Kinder Eggs sort of Loot Boxes too?
    They're more physical, and you have a better chance of earning a rare. Loot Boxes are digital, and they don't disclose the drop rate.

On a side note, Apple of all companies is taking steps in stemming the tide of Loot Boxes by requiring all apps to disclose the drop rate.

Apple is now requiring that any apps on the App Store that offer loot boxes must disclose the odds of the likelihood of players getting different types of items, according to a report from Polygon.

The change comes from Apple’s official developer guidelines, which now state that “Apps offering ‘loot boxes’ or other mechanisms that provide randomized virtual items for purchase must disclose the odds of receiving each type of item to customers prior to purchase.”

Loot boxes have become a contentious issue in video games this year, and there’s now an ongoing debate over whether or not the popular microtranscation scheme — which awards players random digital items in purchasable loot crates — should be considered gambling.
    Source: https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/21/...ity-disclosure

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    Didn't a wallstreet analyst also said something similar about the consumers?

"None of this is Good, Vector. Thats why it's called war."
    By Knuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberyoko View Post
    Yeah. Ghost of True Capitalist Radio. Email me at daimando@gmail.com, and I'll send you a link to that hambone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberyoko View Post
    Maybe they did.

I was more referring to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    Funny you should say that. As much as I am opposed of Loot Boxes, I am this tempted to reverse my stance on this just to spite gamers, even Nintendo ones. That I believe that they deserved to be betrayed by their favorite companies(Triple A, Mid-Tier and Indie) for being a bunch of whiny manbabies.

Actually, you know what? Screw that. Loot Boxes and the ilk are too good for them. What they really need....is a trip to the woodshed. That's right. I get out my belt, take em out to the Woodshed, and give em a few lashings for being spoiled Man Babies.

I heard that Disney is mad at EA for the Loot Box fiasco. I think of it as karma for all the small devs that EA screwed over.
    ☆☆☆THE FIGHTING ROBOT OF THE SEGA FORUMS☆☆☆
    Quote Originally Posted by announcer
    Super fighting robot! MEGA MAN!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast