Thread: Monster Hunter World Beta

Default Monster Hunter World Beta

Well first things first...

HOLY CRAP THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Well, ok, It's not perfect, it's 30fps and some of the facial animations don't sync up with the dialouge but otherwise from going from monster hunter generations on a 3ds to this game, just WOW!!!

Hell, the game also looks way better than ff15, then again, good lighting and color schemes can do that.

Kind of weird trying to play the game without a second screen as I'm so used to playing with the circle pad, but so far I'm having a lot of fun.

Kind of wish I could do something with my character other than the presets, but then again it's just a beta.

The online is a bit wonky, had no luck thus far playing online, but the solo mission demo was pretty fun.

Anybody else try it yet? Thoughts?
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

I've been playing it too. It's fun but man do I hate the camera zooming in on a monster every time you find it.

aspiring memesmith

I admit, feel joy playing it. It kinda a mess when all the info is throwed at you when youre fighting though. But the feeling is positive, if this game doesnt end up with an aways online, then I'm pretty sure will pick it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    I've been playing it too. It's fun but man do I hate the camera zooming in on a monster every time you find it.
    Not only that, but the target locking is terrible too. I hope they fix this.

"None of this is Good, Vector. Thats why it's called war."
    By Knuckles.

Yeah the camera and some of the controls are still a bit weird. It's like they went through all the trouble of making the console game in terms of visuals but decided to keep the camera and overall design like the handheld games.

Also, monsters clipping into walls and running indefinitely. Hope that gets fixed before the release. lol.

Anjanath especially never stops running lol.

aspiring memesmith

I tried Monster Hunter on PSP, WiiU and Switch and never really liked it very much. I guess the gameplay just feels too slow and sluggish for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SonikkuHusbandu View Post
    I tried Monster Hunter on PSP, WiiU and Switch and never really liked it very much. I guess the gameplay just feels too slow and sluggish for me.
    I wouldn't call monster hunter a game so much as it's an addiction. lol.

Well, to quote msm, ymmv.

Really, the series is about how much you like fighting monsters and farming for drops and mining supplies, so that you can craft better gear, to fight bigger/tougher monsters, so you can get better drops, etc.

What I like about it (and why it made a great portable game) is that it's one of those games where you can do a mission, spend 20-30 minutes on a hunt, then turn it off and come back at another time.

I originally got into the series with Monster Hunter Tri for the wii, and Monster hunter 3 Ultimate was one of my first wii U games.

(btw, Monster Hunter 3U is 7.99 on both the wii U and 3ds on the nintendo eshop right now for any interested)

Personally, In my humble opinion, mh4u, mhg are better games, but 3ultimate is a good starting point for those who haven't got into the series and is a lot more forgiving than some of the earlier titles like the psp games.

Though speaking of which, kind of sad that there won't be any Zelda or Metroid Dlc for the ps4 version. Maybe Kratos or Aloy Dlc? Here's hoping.