View Poll Results: Should the Freedom Fighters be brought back?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 60.00%
  • No

4 40.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should IDW and SEGA bring the Freedom Fighters back?

Quote Originally Posted by Havon Bob Topal View Post
    I hope not they just get in the way of other characters like Amy from getting any screen time.
    Yeah, because nothing sucks more than buying an X-Men comic and having a Logan story when you wanted Drake, right? Sheesh, gimme a break. Even Spiderman, the Hulk, the Punisher, and any solo comic get stale with just a single character being featured. It's their interactions that develop the characters.

Besides, Amy is awful.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" -Robert J. Hanlon

Quote Originally Posted by Clocktopus View Post
    Yeah, because nothing sucks more than buying an X-Men comic and having a Logan story when you wanted Drake, right? Sheesh, gimme a break. Even Spiderman, the Hulk, the Punisher, and any solo comic get stale with just a single character being featured. It's their interactions that develop the characters.

Besides, Amy is awful.

I don't like it when the character that I what to see gets changed, removed from the story or put there just to build another character up. Oh, and Amy is wonderful.

Peach / Girl Bomber: Tackle with a hip attack, but try not to miss.
    Unikitty: Oh, he's stuck to my butt thank you!
    Amy Rose: Ha! Dexter is just a guy I imagined. I wanted to make you jealous I don't need him now!

Hope they soon make the announcement revealing that the comic will indeed be free from the SatAM plague. Usually I feel sympathy for the loss of their fans but on the other hand, when I remember all the crap done in the old Archie comic and especially against my favorite character, I might turn into evil SMS and celebrate the purge and act all smug about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If SMS is considered evil then I don't want to be nice.

I don't like it when the character that I what to see gets changed, removed from the story or put there just to build another character up. Oh, and Amy is wonderful.

You DO realize that if Amy was on the chopping block, you'd be the BIGGEST hypocrite, right?
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" -Robert J. Hanlon

Well, what happened in the Mecha Sally arc was a bit the opposite : What happened to Sally was used to build the games character up (and maybe her too later, but eh, the Pendercalypse happened. )

All characters help other to build up, and Flynn's writing have shown that Amy could get a lot from other character. And Amy post-reboot was more used with more importance than in most games, and with a more balanced character (when many game have flanderized her in making her just the "hammer-crazy girlfriend", when in Adventure she was pretty balanced). Post-160, she have been treated with more respect than in many games (for instance when she fight against the Iron King, it was one of her biggest moment of awesomeness), so I don't think that the problem lie in the existence of other character, but in how she is seen as a character. And I can remember more big arc where Amy was important post-reboot than Sally was more important (Wave of Change, the Fighter arc, Shards and Spark, the Shattered arc, the Blaze arc...). Sally was more important in some smaller side-stories. I'm a bit displeased that her treak with Knuckles have been cutted because of the will to accelerate Unleashed adaptation, though. The duo really shined in Shattered, so it's a shame that we didn't have more of it.

I still think that the "just a group that exist in the universe" would solve most of the issues while still making the possibilities to keep a big part of their fan (I feel that most that would dislike them being on the sideline would already dislike the obvious SEGASonicification that would continue in IDW-Sonic, so they're a moot point). Of course some persons that like to have the Erazor Djinn attitude would still be salty about their very existence, but meh. (whatever happen they would be people displeased, so I don't think that displeasing the most extreme of the SEGASonic fans or SatAM fans is a really a problem).

Well, let's not forget the possibility of IDW ditching the FF, but creating a band of new character that would have the same importance of the FF pre and post-reboot, making everybody unhappy :'D (we already now that the gang will be helped by new characters according to the graphic novel description in Amazon, so it's technically not impossible :'D)
    Last edited by Kazhnuz; 01-04-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMS Skull Leader View Post
    Hope they soon make the announcement revealing that the comic will indeed be free from the SatAM plague.
    Nah, they won't. They are pulling a smart strategy ever since Flynn was announced as the main writer - never giving actual answers in order to keep hope inside the old readers, expecting them to keep purchasing the books till they are attached to it. Otherwise, if they announce it, they risk losing a considerable amount of people who won't even bother touching the first issue.

------

Usually I feel sympathy for the loss of their fans but on the other hand, when I remember all the crap done in the old Archie comic and especially against my favorite character, I might turn into evil SMS and celebrate the purge and act all smug about it.
    Don't worry, there will be brand new OC's ready to take spotlight away from Amy after 30 or 40 issues.
    Your actions speak so loudly that I cannot hear what you're saying.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

While I'm not going to make a hard no, I will say that I don't care if the SatAM aspects of the show are missing. Because I read the Sonic comics to read about Sonic, not about OC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazhnuz View Post
    Well, what happened in the Mecha Sally arc was a bit the opposite : What happened to Sally was used to build the games character up (and maybe her too later, but eh, the Pendercalypse happened. )

All characters help other to build up, and Flynn's writing have shown that Amy could get a lot from other character. And Amy post-reboot was more used with more importance than in most games, and with a more balanced character (when many game have flanderized her in making her just the "hammer-crazy girlfriend", when in Adventure she was pretty balanced). Post-160, she have been treated with more respect than in many games (for instance when she fight against the Iron King, it was one of her biggest moment of awesomeness), so I don't think that the problem lie in the existence of other character, but in how she is seen as a character. And I can remember more big arc where Amy was important post-reboot than Sally was more important (Wave of Change, the Fighter arc, Shards and Spark, the Shattered arc, the Blaze arc...). Sally was more important in some smaller side-stories. I'm a bit displeased that her treak with Knuckles have been cutted because of the will to accelerate Unleashed adaptation, though. The duo really shined in Shattered, so it's a shame that we didn't have more of it.

I still think that the "just a group that exist in the universe" would solve most of the issues while still making the possibilities to keep a big part of their fan (I feel that most that would dislike them being on the sideline would already dislike the obvious SEGASonicification that would continue in IDW-Sonic, so they're a moot point). Of course some persons that like to have the Erazor Djinn attitude would still be salty about their very existence, but meh. (whatever happen they would be people displeased, so I don't think that displeasing the most extreme of the SEGASonic fans or SatAM fans is a really a problem).

Well, let's not forget the possibility of IDW ditching the FF, but creating a band of new character that would have the same importance of the FF pre and post-reboot, making everybody unhappy :'D (we already now that the gang will be helped by new characters according to the graphic novel description in Amazon, so it's technically not impossible :'D)

Flynn flanderized Amy making her love for Sonic far to rare in the story with her looking more like a background fighter and not a standalone character like in Sonic Heroes or Sonic Chronicles with me not seeing how she is more importance in the comics then the games as in that she can be herself and still be importance to the story.

I don't see what makes fighting the Iron King more important then her loving Sonic how does Iron King make her not "hammer-crazy" and the fighter arc had very little respect for her.

I have a feeling that Sega got more involved with the comics and Flynn had to make comic Amy like games Amy but American writers have a hard time showing Amy being in love Sonic.
    Last edited by Havon Bob Topal; 01-04-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Peach / Girl Bomber: Tackle with a hip attack, but try not to miss.
    Unikitty: Oh, he's stuck to my butt thank you!
    Amy Rose: Ha! Dexter is just a guy I imagined. I wanted to make you jealous I don't need him now!

Quote Originally Posted by jorgekorke View Post
    Don't worry, there will be brand new OC's ready to take spotlight away from Amy after 30 or 40 issues.
    Won't stop me from laughing at the SatAN fans (the annoying ones who still think on 2018 that there's a chance they'll be back or EVEN make it to the games) who still can't get through their thick skulls the fact that Sega gives no **** about those characters from a cancelled TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by shdowhunt60 View Post
    While I'm not going to make a hard no, I will say that I don't care if the SatAM aspects of the show are missing. Because I read the Sonic comics to read about Sonic, not about OC's.
    Wonder if they finally realized what the book is supposed to be about this time. Not holding my breath but will admit that if they do, I'll be pleasently surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    If SMS is considered evil then I don't want to be nice.

Won't stop me from laughing at the SatAN fans (the annoying ones who still think on 2018 that there's a chance they'll be back or EVEN make it to the games) who still can't get through their thick skulls the fact that Sega gives no **** about those characters from a cancelled TV show.
    Characters from a cancelled TV show, or characters from the longest-running game-related comic series?
    Your actions speak so loudly that I cannot hear what you're saying.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast