Thread: RUMOR: Rebirth games from Konami coming to the Switch

Default RUMOR: Rebirth games from Konami coming to the Switch

For those of you who didn't pick up these games on the Nintendo Wii. You may have two choices. One: You can buy them right now before it's too late or Two: You can wait for them to come to the Switch

Rumor has it that Konami is bringing some games to Switch, and their plans include some ports and a brand-new title.

Back on the Wii, Konami released a series of ReBirth titles featuring classic brands. Gradius ReBirth, Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth and Contra ReBirth were all pretty fantastic titles, and word on the street is that they're coming to Switch. Along with those titles, Konami is apparently working on a 4th ReBirth title, but no specific details on that project have been leaked.
    Source: https://gonintendo.com/stories/29890...witch-and-incl

If this is true, then at least 3 WiiWare games will be preserved on the Nintendo Switch for the time being. And before you go "What about LostWinds?" Those games are preserved on Steam for the moment. But I would like them on the Switch and on GoG.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

I hope this is true!
    No idea what they pick for a 4th game. They were going to do a Salamander and Jackal Rebirth but I doubt they will revive what work they had for them.

For other Wiiware games to rescue:
    Final Fantasy My Life as a King / My life as a Darklord
    Mr Driller W (let's just make this a collection with the original and the Gamecube game while at it)
    Magic Obelisk (which was delisted!)
    Space Invaders: Get Even

That's great news if it's actually true.

I'd love to eventually have all the Gradius games available for purchase on Switch, too.
    A wise man fights to win, but he is twice a fool who has no plan for possible defeat.

What if the fourth title is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Rebirth, based on the NES Game?
    Look, just get a copy a good game, and play it, and you'll be fine.

I would love for this rumor to be true. The Rebirth games were all excellent and with the Wii Shop Channel to close in 2019, making them available to play on the Switch would be fantastic.

I'd be curious to hear what the rumored fourth Rebirth would be, assuming Konami would deliver such a surprise. Then again, who saw them bringing back Bomberman as a Switch launch title? (Though if you ask me, the DLC involving Gradius, Castlevania, etc. is a bit of a cruel tease)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    I hope this is true!
    No idea what they pick for a 4th game. They were going to do a Salamander and Jackal Rebirth but I doubt they will revive what work they had for them.

For other Wiiware games to rescue:
    Final Fantasy My Life as a King / My life as a Darklord
    Mr Driller W (let's just make this a collection with the original and the Gamecube game while at it)
    Magic Obelisk (which was delisted!)
    Space Invaders: Get Even
    That'd be nice.

Also, interesting. Never knew they had other Rebirths in the works aside from the ones for Gradius, Contra, and Castlevania. You learn something new every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Casshern X View Post
    That's great news if it's actually true.

I'd love to eventually have all the Gradius games available for purchase on Switch, too.
    Oh, so would I. Most definitely.

This could be a great platform for both classics as well as new and grand projects as well as those that lie in between. Some companies have even stated an intention for both mid- and high-tier projects on the system.

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAngemon View Post
    What if the fourth title is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Rebirth, based on the NES Game?
    Nah, even better:

Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa Rebirth
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Nah, even better:

Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa Rebirth
    Even better:

Bomberman Act Zero Rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Bogard View Post
    Even better:

Bomberman Act Zero Rebirth
    You're all out of your mind. This is what they would put in.

Silent Hill Pachislots.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

I actually still have these games that I downloaded years ago, but I would definitely buy them again for the Switch. Also, I would be more than willing to support Konami every time they actually do something good.
    Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkism 13 View Post
    I actually still have these games that I downloaded years ago, but I would definitely buy them again for the Switch. Also, I would be more than willing to support Konami every time they actually do something good.
    A little late saying so, but I agree fully. I wouldn't only buy these for the Switch, but I would happily give Konami credit and support when they do something good instead of EA levels of horrendous decision-making. I know that Konami has the capability and capacity to be excellent as their best efforts demonstrate, and I will gladly reward them when those occasions occur.