Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Color me unimpressed. Worst of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    Erm, you're probably right that nobody likely buys Nintendo hardware expecting it to be the home of the best-looking multiplats, but not sure where you'd get the idea that Switch owners want to pay the same price for a game missing content. Generally I think when people buy multiplat games they expect to get the complete game, regardless of console purchased on.
    Just saying it doesn't look like Japanese gamers cared for the added content/better looking ps4 version either.

And what's the verdict with Nba 2k18? The same? I think it might be a case that no matter what you put on the switch, sports games won't sell.

So I don't know what to tell you guys.

I mean, there is a part of me that agrees that in some instances it might be better to make a separate version in cases where the switch can't handle certain ports, or ports that look and run so poorly that it might have been better to never try to port as is to begin with. *cough* wwe 2k18 *cough*

And the way the switch is selling and the rate it's user base is growing it might be in the best interest of third party developers to entertain a separate version. Well, in non sports games anyway.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

I'm not sure which game sold better, but personally I'd like to see developers continue trying giving Switch equal versions content-wise, but having them ready at launch with a physical copy (unlike 2k18 ) would be good.

Lesser versions have never done well or been well-liked, we only have to look back at the Wii to see that.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 01-10-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

I'm not sure which game sold better, but personally I'd like to see developers continue trying giving Switch equal versions content-wise, but having them ready at launch with a physical copy (unlike 2k18 ) would be good.

Lesser versions have never done well or been well-liked, we only have to look back at the Wii to see that.
    No kidding.

Hey BTW: What sounds good play tonight: Fire Emblem Warriors or Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim? I feel like playing my Switch, but I'm stuck deciding between two games.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    No kidding.

Hey BTW: What sounds good play tonight: Fire Emblem Warriors or Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim? I feel like playing my Switch, but I'm stuck deciding between two games.
    Anything not called Fire Emblem; Warriors sounds like a good bet.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Anything not called Fire Emblem; Warriors sounds like a good bet.
    Basically, Fire Emblem Warriors is basically Dynasty Warriors with a Fire Emblem skin.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Basically, Fire Emblem Warriors is basically Dynasty Warriors with a Fire Emblem skin.
    That's pretty much all the Dynasty Warriors spinoffs in a nutshell.

aspiring memesmith

No kidding.

I'd go with the former, but that's because I personally know it to be a blast. First DLC pack finally kicked in at the end of December.

Nothing against the latter (I wouldn't have bought it on my Switch otherwise), but I think the former series and its spin-off franchise has a sense of fun that I'm not sure WRPGs quite fulfill...at least for me and the sense of fun I have while playing games. And there are a few WRPGs I find to be genuinely engaging, even with my preference to the Japanese side of RPGs.

And while they all do it (the ones based on fellow video games at least), this was probably one of the best of the crossover spin-offs to incorporate the elements of the source material franchise and applying it to the primary gameplay of DW. I mean, more elements from the guest franchise than usual show up and that's pretty much the extent of what should be expected in terms of adding on. Kind of the point of a crossover, as it'd be pointless as one if the host franchise isn't a factor. (Though let's be honest, none of these are going to be 100% perfect translations with taking the genres of the guest franchise and the hack-and-slash gameplay of the host franchise and blending the gameplay/series elements of both together. Dragon Quest was kind of a weird choice too, being a JRPG)

That said, I do need to finish the main story up. I failed to by the time Odyssey came out and I've concentrated between that, Splatoon 2, BotW's DLC, and others ever since. It definitely has one of my favorites of these crossover campaigns as it has the perfect feel of the guest franchise on that front. Even the original protagonist characters made for the game, Prince Rowan and Princess Lianna, blend in perfectly with the guest franchise. (From the character design to narrative circumstance of their kingdom being invaded/conquered at the start, they are pretty much Fire Emblem protagonists through and through. Even their Kingdom of Aytolis blends in well with the names of other franchise Kingdoms)

I will get around to Skyrim at some point, but I'm adopting a 'one large-scale game at a time' policy. And other than BotW DLC and Mario Odyssey's post-game when I'm done with that, Xenoblade 2 is my one large-scale game at this time. I'll gladly bounce between that and either small- or mid-scale games, but otherwise, nope.

Anyway, BD, it's your choice. Just pick what you'll like better. ^_____^
    Last edited by Twilight_Jedi; 01-10-2018 at 11:26 PM.

The Switch in terms of third party support is doing much better than the Wii/WiiU did so that's great but honestly, it needs actual new games than re-releases from years ago. I dun' feel like paying $40/60 for a game I could get on the cheap on 360.

LEGO games are the same thing. LEGO Star Wars is great but it's just another reskin from the tons of others already developed.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789