Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's official; Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling console in US history.

Pretty awesome for nintendo, glad they got out the gate with a homerun with the switch, my only hope and concern is can they keep this up in the years to come.

I know that other titles like a new pokemon, new metroid, new Smash, and possibly a mk9 are all in the cards for nintendo to play the next year or two. Fingers crossed for another main zelda game makes its way as well.
    -Blackmage of the Sega Forums-
    Currently Playing: Deus Ex Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Bad joke of the week: "I like Waiters, they bring a lot to the table."

Quote Originally Posted by CHAnga View Post
    What I find remarkable is that the Wii got into this ballpark by appealing to a large, previously untapped pool of non-gamers. Switch isn't really relying on that, it's a more traditional gaming device, and yet it still ending up eclipsing the Wii's sales within the same time frame.
    Well we know even from the Wii U's game sales that there are millions upon millions of devoted Nintendo fans who will follow Nintendo wherever they go, for one thing.

Then having tentpole Zelda + Mario titles within a span of six months was an easy way to assure getting as many people aboard as quickly as possible, to say nothing of Splatoon 2 and the Mario Kart 8 port.

So I guess mostly I'm wondering if they're able to beat the later slumps in sales that both the Wii and 3DS had, but we wouldn't know that for years anyway. 2018 should be solid for them in the here and now.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    Well we know even from the Wii U's game sales that there are millions upon millions of devoted Nintendo fans who will follow Nintendo wherever they go, for one thing.

Then having tentpole Zelda + Mario titles within a span of six months was an easy way to assure getting as many people aboard as quickly as possible, to say nothing of Splatoon 2 and the Mario Kart 8 port.

So I guess mostly I'm wondering if they're able to beat the later slumps in sales that both the Wii and 3DS had, but we wouldn't know that for years anyway. 2018 should be solid for them in the here and now.
    Considering how many games I got for this system, a small drought would be a godsend for me.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

A couple of things kind of related to this point.

Nippon Ichi made a statement saying that with how Disgaea 5 did on the system, Nintendo Switch and PS4 are going to be their main platforms going forward. That does make sense, of course, with those being the two major Japanese platforms.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/07...going-forward/

And this regards Japan as opposed to the U.S., but it still has to do with sales.

Nintendo Switch is getting close to surpassing the Wii U's lifetime sales within its first year, selling over 10 million in its first nine months to the Wii U's lifetime WW sales of over 13 million.

In Japan specifically, however, it's already done so.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/07...rding-famitsu/

According to the data, the Nintendo Switch has sold 3,407,158 units, which has surpassed the Wii U’s lifetime 3,301,555 units sold in the region, in the system's first ten months in the Japanese gaming market. A marginal difference, of course, but we're talking lifetime sales of a four year system versus the sales of the other within the margin of said other's first year.

Though who knows? The Switch could very well be on the path to surpassing the preceding system's lifetime sales worldwide before we officially reach its second year this March.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12