Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Snagged a...........

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar View Post
    I can see that, some people are more interested in playing the console rather than the game. But that's console fanboyism and not what I'd consider a valid reason.

Don't really see what makes those games especially worth playing on the go, as opposed to not on the go, especially if the latter provides for a better experience.
    No. I like playing games with FREEDOM! And I want Sony to steal that idea from Nintendo and make their own alternative take on the Switch. We must free gaming from the prison of the house.
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post
    No. I like playing games with FREEDOM! And I want Sony to steal that idea from Nintendo and make their own alternative take on the Switch. We must free gaming from the prison of the house.
    Even then there are better alternatives, such as portable PC's, which are much easier to justify bringing with you than a gaming system.

Even then there are better alternatives, such as portable PC's, which are much easier to justify bringing with you than a gaming system.
    Only thing is, the Switch is more optimized for gaming(As well as cheaper than most of them. I spent less money just on the Switch than on the Win GPD). It's also simpler. Not everyone wants to deal with an OS to play their games. Besides, I saw the price for the Win GPD 2 and I decided to just hold out on it till it gets cheaper in price.

And I'm not kidding about wanting Sony to go all out with their own portable handheld. They see what looks like a potential gold mine to port their classic Playstation games onto their own Mobile Device. And if they do that, I would say "Let em." The world needs more Gaming on the Go.

Only thing is, the Switch is more optimized for gaming(As well as cheaper than most of them. I spent less money just on the Switch than on the Win GPD). It's also simpler. Not everyone wants to deal with an OS to play their games. Besides, I saw the price for the Win GPD 2 and I decided to just hold out on it till it gets cheaper in price.
    It's marginally more expensive but much more useful, for gaming and other aspects. Far easier to justify the price, as well as bringing it along than a dedicated gaming device.

And I'm not kidding about wanting Sony to go all out with their own portable handheld.
    They had the Vita. Did you buy it?

My friend code if anyone wants to add: SW-2140-6840-3539

Not everyone wants to deal with an OS to play their games.
    lmao

And I'm not kidding about wanting Sony to go all out with their own portable handheld. They see what looks like a potential gold mine to port their classic Playstation games onto their own Mobile Device. And if they do that, I would say "Let em." The world needs more Gaming on the Go.

Sony doesn't care anymore. They abandoned Vita first party support back around 2015 and instead developing mobile games.
    PS5 has a very low chance of being a hybrid.

It's marginally more expensive but much more useful, for gaming and other aspects. Far easier to justify the price, as well as bringing it along than a dedicated gaming device.

So? This is a gaming forum, therefore Switch having games other platforms won't have is a strong bullet point in comparison.

I like to play the Switch in bed, or sometimes i'm just feeling way too lazy to Switch the inputs on my monitor , the portable mode has no use for me otherwise. When you're feeling tired though switching the inputs on a monitor feels like a lot of work sometimes. So I appreciate the versatility the Switch offers in that regard.

I think it's great for games where graphics aren't the main focus, such as RPG's, or just ugly games in general. I don't ever feel like i'm missing anything in xenoblade 2 when i play it in handheld mode, because i don't think it's that great looking of a game to begin with when concerning graphics. It's art style is nice though. There is certain games i'd never play on Switch though, like Sonic Forces, tried the demo, people who played that game on Switch instead of on PS4 or PC are downright crazy, or just fanboys.

Sw-7646-1523-9308
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    So? This is a gaming forum, therefore Switch having games other platforms won't have is a strong bullet point in comparison.[/FONT]
    Every platform has games the others don't or won't have, not a particularly strong or unique bullet point really. But I was more referring to multiplats anyway.

Every platform has games the others don't or won't have, not a particularly strong or unique bullet point really. But I was more referring to multiplats anyway.
    Not everyone wants to play games that's chained to a TV or Monitor. Some of us do want the option of playing our games on the go. I've been doing so more recently, from college to Costo, to even a trip to Anaheim(And not for Disneyland).

And even though the Vita failed, I still want Sony to try again with the idea of gaming on the go. And the reason why the Vita failed was that Sony was more arrogant. Proprietary Memory cards is one of em. Bad variation of 1st party titles is another. The most important one: Ignored potential with PSP and PS1 titles by the boatload via Digital Distribution. Sony could have gone further than Nintendo with the 3DS, but they chose to botch it up on purpose.

It's no excuse for Sony when Nintendo knows how to keep their portables going strong. It's all about the games, and even the 3DS had its setbacks when it came out. It took Nintendo doubling down on the 3DS to make sure it came out of its rut(The reduced price also helped).

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast