Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: According to Nintendo, NBA 2k18 played more than FIFA 18 on Switch in North America

Default According to Nintendo, NBA 2k18 played more than FIFA 18 on Switch in North America

List is posted on the Nintendo Switch's News Page and is based on the hours spent in each game. According to Nintendo, the most-played games on Switch so far are.....

1; Breath of the Wild
    2; Mario Odyssey
    3; Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    4; Splatoon 2
    5; Minecraft Switch Edition
    6; Stardew Valley
    7; Mario+Rabids Kingdom Battle
    8; ARMS
    9; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    10; Binding of Isaac; Afterbirth+
    11; NBA 2k18
    12; Dragonball Xenoverse 2
    13; Fire Emblem Warriors
    14;Lego City Undercover
    15; Sonic Mania
    16; Pokken Tournament DX
    17; 1-2 Switch
    18; FIFA 18
    19; Disgaea 5 Complete
    20; Rocket League
    Source; Nintendo Switch

So, guess that settles that, then? =p

--

For those unaware, NBA 2k18 is a Switch port that released on the same day as the other versions (digitally, physical version came a few weeks later) and includes every single feature as its competitors, albeit at 30FPS.

FIFA 2018 is a game running on a slightly modified last gen engine and missing major features from the other versions, including a barely-functioning online mode that doesn't allow you to play online with friends, and comes from EA, a company who has publicly expressed what can only be described as total disinterest in continuing to support the Switch... and yet somehow Nintendo fans on this website (and apparently only on this website) are celebrating FIFA 18 on Switch and EA's efforts with it as the superior sports game. Lol.

So yeah, good times. =]
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 01-11-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

Sad that Sonic Mania is so low. Also disappointing that Doom didn't make the list at all, although I have heard that the Switch port chugs pretty badly.
    I play a lot of League of Legends. I currently have Mastery 7 on fifteen champions: Vi (jungle), Tristana (ADC), Lulu (support), Nautilus (support), Sona (support), Bard (support), Rumble (jungle), Poppy (support), Zyra (support), Nami (support), Soraka (support), Miss Fortune (ADC), Leona (support), Shen (jungle), Kog'maw (ADC)

Quote Originally Posted by Waffletiger View Post
    Sad that Sonic Mania is so low. Also disappointing that Doom didn't make the list at all, although I have heard that the Switch port chugs pretty badly.
    Well Sonic Mania is a fairly short game. This list is based on hours spent playing it, not sales figures necessarily.

Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)

Ctrl + F "xenoblade" > "not found"

SAD!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLegend View Post
    Well Sonic Mania is a fairly short game. This list is based on hours spent playing it, not sales figures necessarily.
    I get that. But I had hoped that it would make it up on volume (number of people who played). I certainly think it should have more playtime than ARMS or even the original topic target of NBA2K18.
    I play a lot of League of Legends. I currently have Mastery 7 on fifteen champions: Vi (jungle), Tristana (ADC), Lulu (support), Nautilus (support), Sona (support), Bard (support), Rumble (jungle), Poppy (support), Zyra (support), Nami (support), Soraka (support), Miss Fortune (ADC), Leona (support), Shen (jungle), Kog'maw (ADC)

Yeah I mean I definitely spent a handful of hours in Sonic Mania; I dug the game, but don't see what I'd go back to.

I'm more impressed by the fact Skyrim reached top 10. Guess Todd's got meme magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffletiger View Post
    I have Doom on the Switch.
    Its consistent 30 FPS, there are moments were the framerate gets baaaaaaaaaaaaad, as in it gets 6 FPS at times like Skyrim for the PS3, but its not as consistent as the example used, it only happened to me like 3-4 times. I enjoy playing it on the Switch mostly for how I barely have time to play home consoles these days, but I suggest you get PS4/Xbone ports or the PC version.

I have the PC version already myself. It's just a really good game so I had hoped to see it on this list.

Oh god. Why'd that game have to do well on Switch? (Gags before Puking)
    Currently awaiting......Whatever.

NBA 2K18 probably gets more playtime due to its awful MyCareer grinding more than anything else, which obviously skews the playtime quite a bit.

FIFA 18 is generally better to just pick up and play, and we know it also sold better. This is just another meaningless and salty "I told you so thread" that was made without an ounce of research into either title, as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast