Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: According to Nintendo, NBA 2k18 played more than FIFA 18 on Switch in North America

I gotta imagine that the gulf between the top 4 and everything else is hugely significant.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    NBA 2K18 probably gets more playtime due to its awful MyCareer grinding more than anything else, which obviously skews the playtime quite a bit.

FIFA 18 is generally better to just pick up and play, and we know it also sold better. This is just another meaningless and salty "I told you so thread" that was made without an ounce of research into either title, as usual.
    FIFA and NBA 2k are both just as easy to pick up and play.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffymoochicken View Post
    I gotta imagine that the gulf between the top 4 and everything else is hugely significant.
    Probably top 5 actually. Minecraft has a ridiculously devoted playerbase.
    I play a lot of League of Legends. I currently have Mastery 7 on fifteen champions: Vi (jungle), Tristana (ADC), Lulu (support), Nautilus (support), Sona (support), Bard (support), Rumble (jungle), Poppy (support), Zyra (support), Nami (support), Soraka (support), Miss Fortune (ADC), Leona (support), Shen (jungle), Kog'maw (ADC)

Quote Originally Posted by rf switch View Post
    FIFA and NBA 2k are both just as easy to pick up and play.
    Shhh don't tell him that, he thinks he did his research. =]

and we know it also sold better.
    Where do we know this? Given NBA's initial lack of a physical copy and the large storage requirement I wouldn't be too surprised, but I dont know that we know it for a fact. If it did outsell it, must have been by incredibly little, for NBA to wind up with higher play time.

My argument was never really about sales figures; soccer is a bigger sport worldwide than basketball, but more about which type of port Switch owners are likely to prefer.

But yeah, indeed including content in your game will encourage people to play it lol. EA may have had that luxury as well if they'd chosen to include it in the Switch version.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 01-11-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

I think with what we know about ARMS - how most people lost interest within the first week or two, and virtually no one noticed or cared when the later DLC was announced - we can throw any game beneath ARMS into the "barely played at all" category, in a relative sense.

It's interesting because for as much fanfare as Doom and Rocket League got, it seems like Nintendo fans weren't actually interested in playing either of those titles.

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Oh, and most bizarre of all is how Bomberman is nowhere to be seen in this list, despite its sales and Nintendo fans' insistence that it's such a killer hit for parties.

Maybe Nintendo fans aren't attending enough parties? Eh, who knows. =P

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Why would Bomberman be on this list, though?

The majority of those games happen to be timesinks in comparison to that. I would say the only exception is 1-2 Switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    The majority of those games happen to be timesinks in comparison to that. I would say the only exception is 1-2 Switch.
    So why isn't it above 1-2 Switch, then? Also, isn't its single-player campaign at least as long if not longer than Sonic Mania's?

Things that make you go "Hmmm". =P

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Just not a terribly exciting campaign from what I've read. Guess 1-2 Switch just had more casual pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Bomberman's story mode is about as long as Sonic Mania's. But it is not that replayable.
    Multiplayer mode looks dead when I tried to play it online.

Either way do we even know the times for the top 20? Apparently there's over 600 games available on Switch. Bomberman selling well it very least has to be in the top 30.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast