Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IT'S OFFICIAL: Dark Souls Remastered coming to the Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    Demon Souls is probably tied up as a Sony IP. They published it in Japan.
    DeS, like Bloodborne, is a co-production between FromSoft and Japan Studio.

A remaster would only come out on a Sony platform.
    -Proud to be a True Gamer-

Fluffy's Tumblr Page
    I love my Shadi-kun. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Diamond View Post

Will also be coming to the PC, PS4, and XBone as well.
    I'll get it. Dark Souls is in the same unique position as Skyrim for me. Limited opportunities for doing so, but I've always wanted to own and play it for myself. Coming out on what is currently my favorite system and being able to play it anywhere just solidified the want I already possessed.

Demon Souls and Bloodborne are Playstation-only due to Sony's direct involvement, but I'm happy to play Dark Souls. (Plus, I played Bloodborne at my brother's)

It would be great if they could port Demon's Souls to PS4. I'm not even asking for a remaster, I just don't want to have to buy a PS3 just for one game. I believe Japan has it on the PSN store for PS4, but due to an issue with publishing rights it hasn't come to the west.

On another note, I finally got around to playing Bloodborne, and it's amazing.

From my post in the other topic; 1080p/30FPS on Switch.

Bandai Namco also promises enhanced visuals on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X systems. Here’s a breakdown of resolution and framerate options for Dark Souls: Remastered:

Xbox One (1080p, 60 fps)
    PlayStation 4 (1080p, 60 fps)
    Xbox One X (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
    PlayStation 4 Pro (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
    PC (Native 4K, all textures 2K unconverted, 60 fps)
    Nintendo Switch (TV mode: 1080p, 30 fps; Handheld mode: 720p 30 fps)
    I can't help but think offering a choice between 1080 and 60FPS would have been ideal, but I'm glad it was able to hit 1080 on Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Reichskommissar
    That's nice, might get the game again if it's stable 60 fps, 1080p, all DLC included and a budget price (€30 or less). Not on switch though.
    Yeah we know.
    Last edited by ShadowLegend; 01-11-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Now Playing: LA Noire (Switch) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Recently Completed: Persona 5 (PS4), South Park Fractured But Whole (PS4), Sonic Forces (PS4)
    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/NintendoSega54

I doubt they'll do this but I hope they make Lost Izalith a little better. At least tone down the glare on the lava.

aspiring memesmith

I guess Dark Souls is a slow enough game that it shouldn't matter if it's 30fps. I think it was 30fps on ps3 with significant slowdown in certain areas (maybe into the teens and single digits), so a solid framerate will automatically be an improvement over last gen consoles... and improved visuals.

I actually wasn't a fan of dark souls until now that it's coming out on switch. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, you know it's true, because I don't honestly have any intention of playing it in handheld mode. Although honestly, playing Mario Odyssey at the Ford Dealership while my car was getting its service done was a God send. I got so many moons it wasn't even funny! Maybe Dark Souls will be the same.
    Last edited by Hobthebob; 01-11-2018 at 04:27 PM.

There's 60fps and there's FromSoft 60fps. DS3 a least, runs like crap with an unlocked framerate on PS4 Pro.

30fps on Switch with potential visual upgrades wasn't really a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertette View Post
    Slow down there Charles Dickens, no one signed up for this forum to read a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    I doubt they'll do this but I hope they make Lost Izalith a little better. At least tone down the glare on the lava.
    Didn't get too far in the original, but yeah that lava is like staring at the sun. The lighting should be different in the remaster so hopefully it isn't hard on the eyes this time around.

The other issue I know of is Blighttown's framerate. Really, being 30 frames of 60 frames doesn't matter so much as if the game performs poorly when it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuronoa View Post
    Didn't get too far in the original, but yeah that lava is like staring at the sun. The lighting should be different in the remaster so hopefully it isn't hard on the eyes this time around.

The other issue I know of is Blighttown's framerate. Really, being 30 frames of 60 frames doesn't matter so much as if the game performs poorly when it shouldn't.
    Agreed.

And yeah, I haven't seen much other than what me and a buddy were playing with his copy of the game on Steam, but that lava was hard on the eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Linebeck View Post
    And fix Bed of Chaos, lol
    Xbox Live Gamertag: GOOCH3R
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2375-2456-6218

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast